This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Event

anyone have pictures? I haven't seen any all day Did any MiceChatters go?

Re: Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Event

There are videos in the Haunted Mansion thread. it doesn't look like we missed anything.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
      There are videos in the Haunted Mansion thread. it doesn't look like we missed anything.
      U didn't miss much
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

Agree.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

This is my feeling on the event.

Everyone paid for the event.
          Then there was those who wanted to pay more.
          By paying more you would get a lunch
          Pay more get a dinner
          Pay more get a hotel room.

Disney didn't see it that way.
          If you paid more you more special at the party than others
          Those of us who decided not to add on the extra cost were kept out of the entrance gates until all others (who paid more) entered.
          Once those with black lanyards (yeah, someone messed up on choosing the color, sure they are kicking themselves now) were let in, all face MAJOR (hitchhikers, leota etc) characters were pulled. The cake cutting that we thought we were going to be able to see, last minute they decided to let us see after all, however, kept us outside the gates (trees and bushes in the way) while the non black lanyard's were inside the gates and able to see perfectly. No one asked to be treated like kings/queens, just fairly.
          We all paid for the same party. Those who paid more already got the extra treatment (such as more gifts, hotel rooms and meals) prior to the party.
          2004 for HM party was great. Disney really dropped the ball on this party.
          And registration was a joke (almost 5 hours). I have gone to many parties in the past (bought lowel level tickets) and felt equal and got what I paid for. This party was far from feeling any of that.
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz

Comment

DLFreak71 sorry to hear that!! but you should have knew when registration was 6 hrs long
            dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewyoates77 View Post
              DLFreak71 sorry to hear that!! but you should have knew when registration was 6 hrs long
              Yeah.
              Everyone went the night before.
              The day of the event, the few that decided to do it that day said it took maybe an hour to register.
              Quote by Al:
              -Al Lutz

Comment

total bust!

Comment

Wow. I'm sorry to hear all that. I just wanted to eat with an Imagineer!
                  sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                  Disney is my life <3
                  Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                  Future Imagineer <3
                  Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                    Wow. I'm sorry to hear all that. I just wanted to eat with an Imagineer!
                    why would you want to eat an imagineer...just kidding
                    i need to put my glasses on

Comment

Daveland Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Event Photo Page

Comment

Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

People who had lined up early were actually not happy when told there was no line, but when those who paid for dinner arrived, later told there was a line (so bad management communication)

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                          We were directed to enter the area via Frontierland. The entire Rivers of America area was filled with smoke and extra lighting. Again, many were taking pictures from various angles, including myself. Tech Services had done a very nice job of lighting the area and also adding some projections on the ground.
                          Was nice. 2004 was better

I know in 2002 those who ate inside the mansion had gravestone w/ their names on them

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                          There were 3-4 stations for distribution of the cake and beverages. I had forgotten my redemption card to get a piece, so I missed out. I was hoping that later on in the evening they would start to allow guests to take whatever was left, but the cast members were strict on this one. The cake looked very nice with red cake and gray frosting, and was pre-cut into slices on small plates. The drinks looked like a choice between fruit punch and lemonade, and could only be had at the same time as the cake.
                          I believe at 11 PM you could eat as much cake as you'd like (it was pretty good) and drink as much punch as you'd like.

2004 I thought was a great party (as was 2002--sorry missed 2001 but heard it was great ---best party so far TOT's).
                          It was nice they put "dead" characters in the party, but I would have preferred if they had taken the money and done like 2004 and had games to play w/ cheesy, but fun prizes.

Actually, I feel different about that (not to say the way you feel is not correct--I'm glad you had fun). I don't expect to see unplanned behaviors from Disney. Especially so many. Tickets purchases, to 5 hour registration lines, to saying there are no lines (at the event) then there is a line, and allowing only certain ppl to see all of the event when we all paid to be at the same event (if they paid for dinner, then what happened there is great...load it up...but the event was the base of the purchase and we all paid our dues).

I do agree. Many ppl pointed out two per entry would be perfect. It would allow couples, friends etc to be in the same group (many husbands and wife's either didn't get dinner together or didn't get to be at the event at all together). Because they chose 9/9/09, they shot themselves in the foot and centered everything around 999. I agree 300 or more wouldn't hurt the event.
                          Quote by Al:
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

You can see my pics and video at my flickr page!
                            Haunted Mansion 40th - a set on Flickr

Here are some highlights!

Link to cake cutting video:
                            George and Constance Cake Cutting on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Grim Grinning Ghosts band video:
                            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d9J3XhT3c]YouTube - Grim Grinning Ghosts HD[/ame]

Enjoy!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X