Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] November 13th Holiday start date?

On Disney's website, it states that the holiday season starts 11/13 and ends 1/3.

I have a trip planned for my birthday (11/16) and we will be there Sunday the 15th, and the 16th and 17th.

My husband and I have his first trip ever planned 10/07-10/10 (as I have probably stated too many times, but forgive me I am REALLY excited) but I convinced him that we needed to go ahead and assume that he would love it and that we needed to go for my birthday and give him the chance to see the Christmas overlay because he loves Christmas. Plus, it does not hurt that I work for a major hotel chain and got approved for a comp 4 night stay.

So when they say it starts, does that mean on the 13th of November everything will be done? Will the parade be going and the castle done and the Christmas tree up and the fireworks and Small World and all that good stuff?

Or do they start with only some things and add later in the season? I just don't want to get excited for stuff that I won't get to see.

Re: November 13th Holiday start date?

The lands that have the Christmas Overlays (Main Street, NOS and Frontierland) will get decorations up in different times prior to November 13th. New Orleans Square typically gets it first in the final weeks of Halloweentime. Frontierland and Main Street gets theirs in the first week of November.

The Tree should be put up a week after Halloween is over, or a week prior to the Holiday Season.

Because the Castle takes a while, the process begins in late october so that the lightss can be tested in Early November.

Parade and Fireworks begin on the 13th. It's a Small World Holiday should open on the 13th as well.

Every offering for the Holidays begins ON November 13th so everything will be there.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Are the 21st and 22nd in November busy...? Ae the 13th, 14th, and 15th of November busy? On November 13th all of the Christmas decorations will be up, correct?
      sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
      Disney is my life <3
      Thank Walt for all he did! <3
      Future Imagineer <3
      Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
        On November 13th all of the Christmas decorations will be up, correct?
        All decorations are installed prior to the 13th.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
          All decorations are installed prior to the 13th.
          Thank you :]
          sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
          Disney is my life <3
          Thank Walt for all he did! <3
          Future Imagineer <3
          Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Cool. I am glad everything will be up.

Will they have fireworks and stuff on Sunday? Or is that only a Fri/Sat thing when it is not summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
              Cool. I am glad everything will be up.

Will they have fireworks and stuff on Sunday? Or is that only a Fri/Sat thing when it is not summer?
              Believe in Holiday Magic should be running 7 days a week. When the park closes at 8PM, they'll show it at 7:45PM since it's already dark at that time. When the park closes later it's generally at 9:25.

Weekends only usually means fri/sat/sun.

Fantasmic! will be weekends only until Thanksgiving I believe. So make sure you see it on your birthday because they won't show it Mon-Thurs.

Holiday parade is 7 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                Are the 21st and 22nd in November busy...? Ae the 13th, 14th, and 15th of November busy? On November 13th all of the Christmas decorations will be up, correct?
                Unless it's raining, Saturdays are always going to be busier than a weekday. The 22nd is the start of Thanksgiving week and I would suspect that the Sunday crowd that day will be busier than normal.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X