This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Muppet Vision 3D

Hi All! I might be a little behind on my Disney news, but is Muppet Vision 3D still open? Thanks for the info.

Re: Muppet Vision 3D

Originally posted by bayougirl89 View Post
    Hi All! I might be a little behind on my Disney news, but is Muppet Vision 3D still open? Thanks for the info.
    Yes! It's still open and will be receiving significant upgrades next year

New pre-show as well as enhanced digital 3d projection
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

I like the pre-show that's there now (if it's the same one that's at WDW). I like it better than the actual movie!

Comment

They might have to fix the part in the movie where Miss Piggy is singing in that meadow and then she grabs a hold of that jet ski line and its taken for a ride. If you look closely, once she's pulled, her head falls off. HAHAHAHAHA. I love it. Thanks for that info Kritter!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Yup still there...can't wait for the new enhancements
          "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            I like the pre-show that's there now (if it's the same one that's at WDW). I like it better than the actual movie!
            I've always really enjoyed the pre-show as well. I love presentations on multiple screens ... Always thought this was very well produced.
            sigpic

Comment

Wait, new pre-show? When was that announced?

There ARE plans though to install new faux movie posters (like Pirates of the Amphibian and BEEK-E) though so snap your pictures of the current ones if you want to remember them forever!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

The Muppet panel at D23 did mention, albeit very briefly, that the pre-show was being revamped, but they didn't give any details. It's possible they just meant the new posters, or they could be redoing the video, or they could just be remastering the videos into HD, or they could be re-theming the staging area. I'm curious to hear some more details.
                -SilentDante
                eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

^I'm pretty sure they met the new posters and possibly upgrading the TVs from CRTs to flat screens, like they did at HISTA a few years back...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                    ^I'm pretty sure they met the new posters and possibly upgrading the TVs from CRTs to flat screens, like they did at HISTA a few years back...
                    I would guess new flat screens and sound system. Maybe even upgrade the scrolling message board that has the other half of the preshow's comedy.

Comment

im excited to see the new muppet upgrades i had no idea
                      "Be very careful about following the advice in health books. You could die of a misprint."
                      -Shrunken Ned

Comment

I didn't know they were making upgrades.

I actually saw MP3D for the first time this past time I visited. It was ok: fun while it lasted, but after that, meh.

Glad theyre making improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post

There ARE plans though to install new faux movie posters (like Pirates of the Amphibian and BEEK-E) though so snap your pictures of the current ones if you want to remember them forever!
                          It was announced at the Muppets presentation. This was posted on AllEars.net:

During the D23 Expo's Muppets presentation on Sunday, it was announced that Muppet*Vision 3D in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland will receive an overhaul to be converted to digital 3-D. The show will also get a new pre-show and new posters, "Pirates of the Amphibian" with Kermit dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow, for the queue. In addition, the "Mobile Electric Mayhem Band" will be introduced, similar to the Mobile Muppet Lab that was in Epcot for a brief time last year. Finally, the Muppet Whatnot Workshop will have branches in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
                          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Well I'm glad removing it is not in the plate of the muppets as of now, I enjoy the show every time I see it. Can't wait to see what they enhance!

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                              I've always really enjoyed the pre-show as well. I love presentations on multiple screens ... Always thought this was very well produced.
                              The pre show reminds me of when I was child watching Sesame Street... it brought back some great memories! It love the multiple screens and how they interact with them!

Vickie
                              ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post

HAH! I got pics! "Breakfast, Lunch AND Dinner at Tiffany's" with Miss Piggy.. I about DIED when I saw that.. and "The Dogfather" with Rolph (sp?).. lol! Too funny! I know there were more, but too many people blocking them to be able to get pics. But those two, I was able to get because NO ONE was in line while I was walking through. I like Beeker's Crash test dummy look as well..

Okay, since this was the first time seeing this.. I was pleasantly surprised at the interaction IN the movie. when live characters come out.. in particular ONE certain one... I was SHOCKED! and I love the puppetry! I'm just a big Muppet/Sesame Street fan anyways. I grew up with these guys!

Vickie
                                ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X