This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Drink Refills

I was able to visit Sea World and Disneyland these last two days with my family. We have passes to both. So I'm wondering about drink refills! I love, love, love that at Sea World we can buy souvenir cups/bottles, go to the refilling station/resturants and get refills for like $2 or less! Free for the kid cups. They have sodas, frozen lemonades, and other choices! You save so much money and keep waste to a minimum. Plus the size of the bottle is huge...it's a great deal and I tend to buy more to drink at the park this way!
    So yesterday we walked by a cart and see that Disneyland has a souvenir cup now. So we ask "do you refill them"? The CM stated that they can not. According to her the OC health department took that option away. She couldn't tell us why. So I'm wondering why that would happen, if anyone has a clue. I mean I can go down the street to McDonald's and get my cup refilled, why is Disneyland different? I rarely buy drinks at Disneyland becasue of the prices. I would never buy a souvenir bottle/cup I can't even get refilled. I think they'd make more money either offering refills for a lesser price or lowering the price of the drinks.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on this. It's a mystery to me. Any ideas just to pacify my wonder. Also, I hear they get their Coke products free anyway. Not sure how true it is, but they are making a killing if so.
    Thanks!

Re: Drink Refills

Disney does get the Coke products for free. It's for promotion in the parks.

You can get drink refills for free as long as you have the reciept from the same day and get it from the same restaurant.

Comment

Dan - Tasmic, I heard the same thing about the free Coke for the parks. For a while now, I've always had lunch/dinner at the Pizza Port and always got free refills, but a couple of visits ago, I wanted to ask if they still had free refills since I never really saw it advertised on their pricing boards. When I asked, they said they didn't have it anymore. Is this true?

Comment

my friend bought a souvenir cup just last week and was able to refill it at a different location for about 3 dollars.. as for Pizza Port, i always just walk in, refill my cup, and walk out.. if they give me trouble, i just show them my receipt (this is all in the same sitting though, not leaving the restaurant and coming back with my cup hours later)

pretty much act like you're not doing anything wrong (in my cases, i really dont think i was doing anything wrong) and they wont assume anything is wrong. and if they do approach you, you didn't know.. they wont cause a scene and risk 'ruining the magic.'
        -plagued

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X