This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] what about wall e???

ok, with the news of MILF replacing HISTA it got me to think...
    what about wall e? i know some people arent thrilled with more pixar but wall e would have a great tie in with TL. i see it as some form of a dark ride. kids would love it and if done right i think alot of micechatters too.
    so, tell me what u guys think?

Re: what about wall e???

makes more sense than monsters inc! I loved Wall E.

Comment

From a post I wrote an hour ago in the main MILF thread:

I don't know what Disney's reasons are, but there are good reasons not to put it there. WALL-E presents a fundamentally pessimistic view of our future. Our collective addiction to a non-sustainable lifestyle causes the Earth to become uninhabitable, so we leave, allowing the technology that helped as get to that point to clean up after us, while we float aimlessly through space and become helpless, ignorant blobs. When the Earth is finally able to support one plant - one plant - we return and have to rebuild all of society from scratch. Yes, in theory, things eventually get nice again, and by that point, WALL-E will be nothing but another trash compactor robot, if not trash himself. It's a cautionary tale, a yarn being spun for modern audiences about modern issues. Being set in the future is not the only requirement for something going into Tomorrowland. Its theme is more complicated than just..."tomorrow." If you don't believe me, think of all the different sorts of experiences that could be referred to as adventures, and then see how many of those would fit in Adventureland.
      It'd be a million times better than Monsters Inc....but that doesn't mean it'd be a perfect fit.

Comment

Wall-E doesn't fit in quite right either, though it would make a whole lot more sense than monsters.

Comment

WallE loved musicals, Hello Dolly in particular. If they get desperate, there's always a musical revue put on by WallE.

Comment

I thought of Wall-E too....maybe a 'flight to the moon/mission to Mars' style ride attraction that features Wall-E?? It would definately fit better than MILF!

Comment

If I was in charge of the park, there would be a "WALL-E's Journey to Axiom" ride already up and running by now. It would be in Tomorrowland, in the area that used to be occupied by Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars, and extending in to the backstage area if necessary. It would have visceral thrills but also a message about consumption, consumerism, garbage and the environment. It would be an E-ticket quality ride. That would already be running by now if I were in charge.
              I would also remove Star Tours from tomorrowland as the Star Wars films do not take place in the future, they take place in the past. I would put Star Tours in the Hollywood Backlot area of DCA. And I would reinstall Adventure Thru Inner Space back in its place, to the original specs. And I would run Captain EO once a day as well as the new film to replace HISTA. And I would get the PeopleMover going again including the Tron effects tunnel. Oh and I would clear out Innoventions and get the Carousel of Progress going again, with a new show segment featuring today's technology (internet, GPS, iPhone, etc.). Obviously they will never let me be in charge of the place!

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                Wall-E doesn't fit in quite right either, though it would make a whole lot more sense than monsters.
                Well, it's set in a version of Tomorrow. Sounds like a perfect match for Tomorrowland.
                It's not a very big area, though. I can see going east (reconfiguring Pizza Port) or west (taking over the arcade space) or both! Guests would ride in the fatmobiles on a rail like on the ship. That's all I've got so far. Got a screen on it, where you can chat with others on the attraction. Maybe the captain gets on the TV and "something goes terribly wrong." Not sure what. Something along the lines of no gravity? or tilting of the ship? And WALLe's plant will be key. Ends with fireworks and a big dragon, and then a ship comes by with all your favorite Disney characters. (Wait, that sounds familiar...)

Comment

Depends on if John wins, or Tony, or TDA... that is all I am willing to say about this right now.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Well, I hear they'll be turning Main Street into a Buy N' Large soon. Does that count?

But seriously, yes, a Wall-E show would be vastly superior to Monsters.
                    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
                      Well, I hear they'll be turning Main Street into a Buy N' Large soon.
                      Isn't it already?

Comment

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Comment

Gah! Wall-E doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. I'm sorry. I don't believe it's very happy about the future. I also don't believe Monsters Inc should belong in Tomorrowland? I know people say this all the time and they never had a personal realtionship with Walt, but I think he'd be ashamed. Maybe I don't have a right to say that but his Tomorrowland was mostly original and futuristic
                          sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                          Disney is my life <3
                          Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                          Future Imagineer <3
                          Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Well, to be brutally honest, I don't think Walt did that great job with Tomorrowland, either. He was a lot more consistent, which is important, but I think his approach had problems, too. It's always been a problematic land. It's the only land I know of that's had a "New ______land" twice, with a third hopefully on the horizon.

Comment

It's "Tomorrow", when Tomorrow eventually comes, you have to change it!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                Well, to be brutally honest, I don't think Walt did that great job with Tomorrowland, either. He was a lot more consistent, which is important, but I think his approach had problems, too. It's always been a problematic land. It's the only land I know of that's had a "New ______land" twice, with a third hopefully on the horizon.
                                Data, you just stated what I wanted to bring up for the whole thread about MI:LF. Neither of Walt's Tomorrowlands were very futuristic. I think most people can agree that even though the future is such a broad theme, it is actually pretty difficult to design great attractions for it because there really is little way of knowing where we will be in fifty years, so we really just resort to what we think would be cool and technologically advance and stick it in Tomorrowland. Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Comment

WALL-E would fit perfectly with Tomorrowland. I don't know how they would do it, but they could. Monsters Inc.? great movie, bad idea. It isn't futuristic... at all. If I remember correctly, Monstropolus is meant to represent a 1930's depression era city. It's Tomorrowland, yet they are turning back the clock? That makes a lot of sense.
                                    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter45 View Post
                                      WALL-E would fit perfectly with Tomorrowland.
                                      Why do you find the points that I've made to be invalid? How do WALL-E and Tomorrowland share anything other than the fact that they somehow involve the future?

Comment

This whole Monsters Inc idea is more of a TDA push. its a cheap addition to an existing theater.

As for Wall-E, WDI actually had bigger plans for that character. They actually had envisioned a "E" ticket attraction that would use a ride system similar to the one that will be used for Mystic manor. One thing that is exciting about the characters of that movie being used in a darkride experience is that they had considered the possibility of not only have the ride vehicles interact with the sets but also have programmed free roaming robots move towards the vehicles and interact with them.

How far they have gotten with this idea i am not sure but one of the locations that they had supposedly looked at for this attraction is at the moment under contract for a few more years. Once they fullfill innoventions contracts then anything is possible. Who knows maybe they change their mind and they give tomorrowland their second fast thrill ride instead of a darkride.

Not sure how many people had heard of this but even OLC along with WDI have been considering taking their tomorrowland in a whole new direction. Notice the first major attraction added, Monster Inc hide and seek. Don't be surprised if Tokyo's tomorrowland gets a major overhaul that also starts getting character integration wich would make it more of a space port with influences from Wall-e and other new characters.
                                        Last edited by Baloo; 09-15-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X