X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what about wall e???

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
    This whole Monsters Inc idea is more od a TDA push. its a cheap addition to an existing theater.

As for Wall-E, WDI actually had bigger plans for that character. They actually had envisioned a "E" ticket attraction that would use a ride system similar to the one that will be used for Mystic manor. One thing that is exciting about the characters of that movie being used in a darkride experience is that they had considered the possibility of not only have the ride vehicles interact with the sets but also have programmed free roaming robots move towards the vehicles and interact with them.

How far they have gotten with this idea i am not sure but one of the locations that they had supposedly looked at for this attraction is at the moment under contract for a few more years. Once they fullfill innoventions contracts then anything is possible. Who knows maybe they change their mind and they give tomorrowland their second fast thrill ride instead of a darkride
    Intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
      Why do you find the points that I've made to be invalid? How do WALL-E and Tomorrowland share anything other than the fact that they somehow involve the future?

Comment

I don't think that any of the plot or themes in Wall-E could be turned into an attraction, I think the only thing that can be lifted from the movie is the People Mover. I'd rather have them spend the money on bringing that back than tranforming HISTA in MI:LF, Monsters do not belong at all and I cringed when I read it is on it's way to Disneyland. The Imagineers have to have new ideas for that space that don't involve cloning an existing attraction, it's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Showtime View Post
          The overall story isn't futuristic, I agree.
          Well...that's not what I meant, actually. I think the whole story is very futuristic, like Tomorrowland is supposed to be...but that's all they share in common. As I've said, a theme is a lot more complicated than the one or two words used to name it on a sign. "Tomorrowland" does not mean "a land where anything involving tomorrow is fair game."

Comment

Unless you are on the Axiom, a dark ride just doesn't fit Wall-E. I woul LOVE to tour his home though!!
            I take banner requests!

Comment

From a post I wrote an hour ago in the main MILF thread:

It'd be a million times better than Monsters Inc....but that doesn't mean it'd be a perfect fit.
              and snow white is essentially an envious step mother willing to kill her daughter and seven old men admiring her corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by winder*wonder View Post
                and snow white is essentially an envious step mother willing to kill her daughter and seven old men admiring her corpse.
                haha!

Comment

Well if they're willing to locate Star Tours in Tomorrowland (based on films that take place a long time ago) then why not Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
                    I don't think that any of the plot or themes in Wall-E could be turned into an attraction, I think the only thing that can be lifted from the movie is the People Mover. I'd rather have them spend the money on bringing that back than tranforming HISTA in MI:LF, Monsters do not belong at all and I cringed when I read it is on it's way to Disneyland. The Imagineers have to have new ideas for that space that don't involve cloning an existing attraction, it's sad.
                    I don't think that attractions based on characters should be enitrely based on the movie they were in. I think some characters especially ones characters from the Pixar movies have the advantage of expanding above and beyond the storyline in the movie.

The Monsters Inc attraction in DCA had the potential to pull those characters away from the movie and create a whole new experience with them. Sadly when that attraction was designed it was done entirely by WDI with little interaction with the people that created the characters and knew.

Toy Story Midway mania is a great example of how characters could be pulled out of their storyline and still keep their personality in tact.

I think they could do something similar with Wall-E. They could use the characters and create a new story that takes place after, before or even during the movie but not follow the same storyline.

Anyone remember The Lion King 1 1/2? not the best movie but very creative the way they used the characters to tell a completely diferent side through the view of timon and pumbaa

Comment

Originally posted by winder*wonder View Post
                      Correct - and if you're arguing that it wouldn't fit in Tomorrowland either, I agree! But seriously, I'm sorry, but I don't understand the point of saying this. I was trying to make the point that WALL-E's pessimistic storyline doesn't fit in a land that's supposed to point to a bright future where things have mostly gotten better, not significantly worse. How does mimicking my synopsis of WALL-E refute my argument, especially when Snow White is a good example of an attraction perfectly fitting its land?

Comment

Well...that's not what I meant, actually. I think the whole story is very futuristic, like Tomorrowland is supposed to be...but that's all they share in common. As I've said, a theme is a lot more complicated than the one or two words used to name it on a sign. "Tomorrowland" does not mean "a land where anything involving tomorrow is fair game."
                        Sorry, I thought you mean the whole romance story. My bad.

Didn't see your first post in the thread :P

Comment

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                          Gah! Wall-E doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. I'm sorry. I don't believe it's very happy about the future. I also don't believe Monsters Inc should belong in Tomorrowland? I know people say this all the time and they never had a personal realtionship with Walt, but I think he'd be ashamed. Maybe I don't have a right to say that but his Tomorrowland was mostly original and futuristic
                          I agree, its not happy at all, whcih is what Tomorrowland's supposed to be. However, it'd be a better fit than Monster's, but I dont think they should put either in. THey need to think of something good, new, original, and something that'll really make Tomorowland amazing

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X