Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Has Disneyland always been overpriced?

Taking into consideration inflation, have the prices at Disneyland always been high? I'm talking ticket prices, food, drinks, merch, etc.

I know it's not cheap to run Disneyland, nor has it ever been I'm sure.

Re: Has Disneyland always been overpriced?

Ticket prices and food and merchandise prices have always been high...

The only reason it is high, is because Disney knows that people will pay for anything in Disneyland because it is world known and created by Walt. Plus, they know travelers will pay to get souvenirs and tickets.

Comment

Disneyland's prices for everything have always been high, but their prices for food and beverages aren't as high compared to some other amusement parks.

Comment

Our family considered it an extravagance, and only went there twice a year in the 1960s, even though we lived in the City of Orange. I would say it has always been expensive, but as far as overpriced, no, I think you got your money's worth back in those days. You don't now, in my opinion.

Comment

I don't think admission is overpriced at all. Clothing is too expensive, it's the one thing I almost never buy. Food is higher than the outside world, but not terribly so, and less of a rip-off than many other entertainment venues.
          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

[QUOTE=BC_DisneyGeek;1055560174]I don't think admission is overpriced at all. Clothing is too expensive, it's the one thing I almost never buy. QUOTE]

Word to that.
            For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
            http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Can you imgaine what the place would be like if the prices were "reasonable"...?
              Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

It may have always been overpriced to some degree, but I bet it was more reasonably overpriced a long time ago. Currently, the prices for food and drink are much more reasonable at DL than at my local Six Flags (Fiesta Texas) where it cost 10 dollars to get a drink and a sugar (not waffle) ice cream cone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynzer Torte View Post
                  Taking into consideration inflation, have the prices at Disneyland always been high? I'm talking ticket prices, food, drinks, merch, etc.

I think it's only "high" in your opinion. Disney vacations are among the very few things that I consider to be either "worth the price" or "priceless" in my life. Money is worthless if you don't spend it.
                  It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Disneyland is very expensive to run and maintain, but Disney Corporation is also in the business of fleecing the park's patrons, customers and fans.

What other place do you know of that charges for the opportunity to buy?

In recent years, the quality of their merchandise and "sales events" (What a scam!) have gone down, while their prices have skyrocketed. It's capitalism at its worst.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
                      What other place do you know of that charges for the opportunity to buy?
                      Costco

Comment

Originally posted by Lynzer Torte View Post

Not for a theme park no.

Comment

For some people it's way underpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                            Can you imgaine what the place would be like if the prices were "reasonable"...?

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Missing Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                              For some people it's way underpriced.
                              I agree. After all, in my visit last Thursday/Friday it became very apparent that at least several dozen trailer parks were empty.

*partially kidding*
                              Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

Compare the cost of a day at Disneyland to the cost of a concert or a sporting event and I think it's a great value.
                                Matthew

Comment

High priced is one thing, but that doesn't make it overpriced. Just because some is expensive doesn't mean it's not worth it.

As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". And at Disneyland, I believe you get a great value for your dollar at least in terms of entry. I don't pay much attention to merch prices and quality. Food prices aren't bad, but the quality seems to be dying off lately.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                                    For many, the prices are over-reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                                      For many, the prices are over-reasonable.
                                      I would include myself among the many who think that.
                                      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Disneyland has always been the most expensive theme park (post E-ticket era) compaired to any other park in southern CA however I certainly wouldn't say that it is overpriced as far as the ticket sales go. I tend to get the feeling that things are overpriced when I look at the food/merchandise prices, but not the tickets.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X