Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Viral ad or a real ghost?(Merged threads)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Another Viral ad or a real ghost?(Merged threads)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnjibWcbV2o]YouTube - Ghost hangs around Disneyland[/ame]

At first I kind of fell for it but now I'm questioning the authenticity of it. It looks like its taken from security cams so it must be from someone on the "inside" but the tags for the video ( Disneyland Disney World parks, Halloween Time) have me wondering if its legit.

What do you think?
    Have you PLay'ed today?

re: Another Viral ad or a real ghost?(Merged threads)

its a viral video

Comment

i dunno. i find it odd that the camera knew which one of the four to zoom in on and that it followed the path of the only four cameras showen. if the man with the camera was not knowing then how would they know where to zoom or what screen to go to next?
      "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

I have no idea.. but that is one creepy video
        - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Totally viral video.

The giveaways, in no particular order:

Spoiler

• Purposely induced, evenly-applied camera shake that advertises "imitation home video." (Imitating the shake-style of Cloverfield, which imitated the shake of Blair Witch, which imitated the authentic shake of 8mm home movies.) Even modestly priced home video cameras' anti-shake systems make that degree of shake on a wide shot a thing of the past.

• Pro framing; shooter gives appropriate lookahead room to Ghost.

• Pro camera moves from monitor to monitor: well rehearsed shooter hits his marks dead on, as DisneyNewDad noted.

• Speed of Ghost's movement times out perfectly evenly across all the monitors for the length of the spot.

• Too well-balanced & equally balanced video on all of the "security monitors."

• Audio too clean, too well miked, room noise too well controlled; obviously pro mix. Nice mixer track move at the end, pushing volume in the last 15 frames as a startle effect before cutting to black/silence.

• 60 second length, convenient for TV spots.

Really nice concept, and works well, but just a bit too polished for "gritty reality." Although in fairness, I don't know if street grit was the style they were going for. Call it "Disney Grit."

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 09-15-2009, 11:50 PM.
          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

At first it was great.. when it was ONLY on the HM camera screen... and the "ghost" walked through the gate.. but when it continued to track from screen to screen... it was apparent that there was NO WAY this was real.. too set up! And no, I don't think they were running a playback and then filming the playback. I've never seen a ghost that clear before even in shows that research ghosts!

I'd like to see someone like "Ghost Hunters" or "Ghost Adventures" go with real gear to see if they can catch anything though, somewhere in the park. Would be really interesting!

Thanks for sharing the video!
            Vickie
            ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

Comment

The fact that ghosts don't exist make this a "dead" giveaway. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by ~WiLdOrCa!~ View Post
                \
                I'd like to see someone like "Ghost Hunters" or "Ghost Adventures" go with real gear to see if they can catch anything though, somewhere in the park. Would be really interesting!

Me too. I think that the Ghost Hunters guys would do a really good job and find something.

Ahh if Disney would only let them in for one night! Come on Disney!
                "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
                  Me too. I think that the Ghost Hunters guys would do a really good job and find something.

Ghost Hunters: Haunted Mansion!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyNEWdad View Post

Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                    Ghost Hunters: Haunted Mansion!
                    I love these guys!!! They are the best!!!

As far as the video goes...it looks like a lighting trick of some kind...

Comment

That, and someone created a YouTube profile JUST for this video. Its even named: ghostatdisneyland!
                      My Inspirations:
                      Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
                      AND
                      Robert and Richard Sherman

Comment

The fact that ghosts don't exist make this a "dead" giveaway
                        How do you know this? That's like saying just because someone never saw the old skyway ride that it never existed...or..saying God doesn't exist, can't disprove that.

Comment

As if Disneyland has ever been that empty and quiet during the wee hours of the night. It would have been neat to see NOS cleared out for the recording, it looks very tranquil.

What interests me is how they decided to leave the Fantasmic! control console out.
                          Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
                          Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Comment

OK, since he was leaving HM, does that mean that there's now room for two more?

Comment

Originally posted by GregC View Post
                              How do you know this? That's like saying just because someone never saw the old skyway ride that it never existed...or..saying God doesn't exist, can't disprove that.
                              God is purely in the realm of faith, and is therefor outside this discussion.

If ghosts exist--if they do manifest themselves in our physical world--then they can be tested. And to date, no credible, repeateable scientific evidence has ever turned up. And that's just a fact.

People know the skyway exised becuase (among other things) there are remnants of it still in existence. There are also the blueprints which show that it was designed. And the people around who designed it.

Now...as for this particular "ghost." Since when does the spiritual essence of a deceased human need to walk? Why is this ghost affected by gravity?

Comment

It's Walt!

Comment

Steve,

If a ghost were to appear at all, it would represent a necessity or at least a proclivity to behave in a manner in which it had previously represented. It is not affected by gravity. But it is motived, somehow, to act in the same ways it did in its living state. This would apply to the beliefs of those who believe that this spirit is a literal manifestation of a formerly living human as well as those who think that this phenomenon is a past event repeating itself.

Having said that (tongue firmly in cheek, mind), I don't believe in ghosts. But this is a really neat video regardless.

Due to the organic motion in the video, I believe that the "ghost" is a garden variety living human. And the phenomenon in question is a product of old school monitor burn in. If I'm not mistaken, these cameras are fixed. And the phosphorus in the CRT has been imprinted by the same measured image over time. This would cause any new information fed to the monitors to appear ghostly.

What this means, in my opinion, is that DL security needs new monitors.
                                  "The greatest expression of rebellion is joy." - Joss Whedon

Comment

Mr Wiggins nailed it perfectly long before I could say the same things.

Another issue is the overlap of the security cameras. Camera 1 and 2 overlap a little at the gate and 3 and 4 overlap by the distance of one lightpost (you can see in the background the same section of TSI stage area on both cameras). As the ghost approaches the next security camera in the sequence, the person filming purposely lingers on the overlap area to prove the ghost is in both cameras at the same time. Not very likely that this would happen in a genuine "holy [email protected]!# there's a ghost!" kind of moment. This is too well thought out and rehearsed.

The complete absences of ANYONE else in any shot whatsoever is also a little strange is it not? Isn't Disneyland supposedly crawling with activity all night long? Security or crews cleaning/testing/fixing?

When was the last time you saw a ghost with a lens flare? See how the lights are causing vertical flares because they are so bright? Well, look at the ghost, he is causing the same kind of flare, often at the same intensity. Thanks to physics, this means he is roughly the same brightness as the lights are. Yet you can barely make him out on the monitors. There are two explanations for this, either this was filmed with someone walking around with a light and then ghosted in post in order to get the lens flare or they added it in post. Either way, it shows this is not real.

And what about there being no audio... at all. If this were truly filmed on a personal camera like it is meant to look, there would be all the hissing, buzzing, etc that you ALWAYS get, so annoyingly, with them. The audio was removed in post editing.

This is very cleverly done though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Looks like he's heading over to ride Pirates.
                                      Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

This video is pretty neat, even though it's fake. Fun to believe the unknown, sometimes!

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X