• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChessurInWonderland
    Future Cast Member
    • Jul 2009

[Idea] Ideas to Replace HISTA

Since a lot of people aren't happy with either the idea to bring back Captain Eo or put in Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, this is the thread for us to come together and think of ideas to replace "Honey...I Shrunk the Audience" and help out Tomorrowland.

Here's what I think:
    I think Tomorrowland right now has too much stuff that isn't Tomorrow-y. Attempts to show off technology we'll use in the future, like Dream Home, just show off current technology most people can't afford. I mean, anyone right now can't just put up flat screens all over the outside of their house, and put up Christmas videos to show, or fireworks videos. It's just an idea of what to do with current technology(if you can afford to use the idea). It's interesting, but really, it doesn't exactly fit into the Tomorrowland theme. Anything else that is futuristic, or somewhat Tomorrow-y, is usually space themed. I think there's too much of that. I believe Tomorrowland should be like journeying into an optimistic city of the future. The attractions should show off fresh, amazing ideas of future life that won't get old too fast. Space Mountain has the excuse of still fitting in, because it's like an airport or bus station but for rockets, like in the future people will just be able to go to Space Mountains and hop on a rocket and go into space every day. But I think it's enough Space for the whole land. That being said, I think HISTA should be replaced with something that's really creative and will blow us all away, and make up for other attempts that aren't futuristic at all, like Buzz(don't get me wrong, I love the attraction, I just don't think it fits into Tomorrowland). To keep it a theater, maybe it could be like the future of movie theaters. It could have this cool idea, and the film shown could be like, "This is the future of movie theaters. You are part of a select audience chosen to experience this before we make these available to the general public" or something and tlak about the new movie theaters, but other than that, I think another movie thing shouldn't be there, and it should become an actual attraction, walk-through or ride, doesn't matter. I don't really have any other actual ideas, just something I generally woudl love to see in the future of Tomorrowland/HISTA space. What are your ideas? What would you do with the space?
  • Karalora
    Faerie Godmother

• Jul 2009

Re: Ideas to Replace HISTA

Disney should work with these guys the way they worked with Lucas on E-O, to create a 3-D "robot concert" taking place under an alien sky (projections on the theater ceiling). It could include smoke effects, lasers, an animatronic conductor, and animatronic alien dignitaries in box seats. The music should be partially synthesized arrangements of famous classical pieces.
    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

• sleepyjeff
      Spree Candy
      • Jan 2005

(pssssst...paragraphs, you have some wonderful ideas there that many will just skip over otherwise)
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• sleepyjeff
        Spree Candy
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
        Disney should work with these guys the way they worked with Lucas on E-O, to create a 3-D "robot concert" taking place under an alien sky (projections on the theater ceiling). It could include smoke effects, lasers, an animatronic conductor, and animatronic alien dignitaries in box seats. The music should be partially synthesized arrangements of famous classical pieces.
        Awesome!

Comment

• Alpoe001
          HauntedOne999
          • Aug 2006

I think they could do a great TRON show. The audience would get transported to the Mainframe, but on arrival a Computer Virus tries to take over the theater. Tron shows up and fights off Virus and regains control.

The theater would get retrofitted with neon light wire all over the theater which would light up when you enter Tron's world... and the start of the film would be the transition sequence from the film.

This would be perfect as the exit area leads out near Starcade and new Tron games could be put in to tie it all together - like VR Light Cycle games.
          Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

• sleepyjeff
            Spree Candy
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by alpoe001 View Post
            i think they could do a great tron show. The audience would get transported to the mainframe, but on arrival a computer virus tries to take over the theater. Tron shows up and fights off virus and regains control.

The theater would get retrofitted with neon light wire all over the theater which would light up when you enter tron's world... And the start of the film would be the transition sequence from the film.

This would be perfect as the exit area leads out near starcade and new tron games could be put in to tie it all together - like vr light cycle games.
            ^YES^

That's a great idea.....uh, oh, Disney doesn't like great ideas, try to come up with something a bit lamer

Comment

• natedoggdeluxe
              New MiceChatter
              • Sep 2009

how about a "Marvelous spectacular 4-d rescue show" now that disney owns the rights to marvel I think they would fit right in to TL. EO would be cool to see again, monsters inc laugh factory. anything would be better than hista.

Comment

• Nautilus
                Collision speed....FULL!
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                (pssssst...paragraphs, you have some wonderful ideas there that many will just skip over otherwise)
                Yes, I agree! It would be very helpful and I might actually read the ideas.

Comment

• MarkTwain
                  All-American
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                  Sweet idea! Like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra - with ROBOTS.

I've heard this idea around here before and it's my favorite: revive Adventures through Inner Space as a 3-D film - shrinking down in a "Mighty Microscope Mobile" or something, traveling with a professor as you learn about the microscopic universe, with lots of special effects and trippy visuals.

Comment

• OogieBoogie
                    Supervillan Extrodinaire
                    MiceChat News Team
                    • Sep 2005

They should put in Mickey's Philharmonic (even if it is more Fantasyland than Tomorrowland based)
                    Growing older is manditory
                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

• techskip
                      I Break Things
                      • Jun 2007

my primary thoughts mirror those of Tony B. My "backup" thoughts mirror those of John L. That said I really can't post either one because I can't claim the credit as being my own.
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• Barbossa
                        Infinitized!
                        • Jan 2005

Bring back an updated Adventure Thru Inner Space, even if they'd have to expand into the area between Space Mountain and the backside of Main Street. (where Edison Square was supposed to go)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X