Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Space Mountain Closed until 2011???!?!?

A friend of mine at work was at the Park yesterday 9/15 and was told by Space Mountain CMs that the Cal-OSHA people for theme parks closed the attraction as unsafe until several major elements can be brought up to code which will take until mid 2011.

Does anyone know is this just hype for the new Halloween overlay or is there something really wrong?

Re: Space Mountain Closed until 2011???!?!?

CMs like to make stuff up, so guests will stop asking questions that might seem out of line.

Comment

I'm sure it's just a rumor. Many Cast Members are just like us fans, they hear about the rumors, too. Sure, they hear real news first often, from things like Disneyland Line, but often times, they're in on rumors, too. Space Mountain is re-opening next Friday for the Halloween overlay. No worries, nothing's wrong. Even check the HalloweenTime website: Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort
      It lists Ghost Galaxy as an attraction, so it's definitely not closed till 2011

Comment

I doubt it's true.

Comment

I mean they just closed it a couple years ago and had it closed for a long time rebuilding the attraction...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
            CMs like to make stuff up, so guests will stop asking questions that might seem out of line.
            Yep... when you harrass these are the types of answers you get!
            WELCOME ABOARD
            THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Those CMs...like clowns, they are!

Srsly. Don't believe everything you hear, even if it comes from a CM. Some are kidders, some just have a tiny mischievous streak that forces them to start rumors to see how long it takes for them to spread.

Comment

CALOSHA has already picked that ride clean! If this was true, how much more saftey crap can they put into space that hasn't been put in there already as per that last major refurb?

I call shenigans on the part of the CM.

Comment

I doubted it was true, but have not been over to Space Mountain to know anything.

Thanks

Comment

Space Mountain is currently closed to install Ghost Galaxy

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                    ~

Comment

This rumor is untrue and I'm closing this thread. The Halloween overlay is progressing nicely and the attraction will soon reopen to guests. That is all there is to it.

-Dusty
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                      Save

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X