This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Why you gotta love Disney.

My dd and family took her two sons to Disneyland for their birthdays ( 5th and 3rd ) last week. She booked at Paradise Pier , having stayed at all 3 on properties we love each in its own way for what it has to offer, and what the economics of the time can afford. Before leaving she decided to do something special to celebrate their B'days and looked at various options and in the end decided on the Pirates treasure chest cake and goodies and balloons to decorate the room.
    The first day of arrival ( the 2nd day to be the actual Celebration) she saw what she ordered promoted everywhere and was disappointed in the value and did she really need 2 cakes and questioned herself if the goodies where age appropriate? She went to guest relations at the hotel and they said that if she called in the morning it shouldnt be a problem to cancel or change the order and that the same balloons where at no charge from the hotel so to cancel them also ( the only difference was that she would have to carry them to the room herself while another family member distracted the boys) and after that he handed her a $30.00 gift certificate that could be used in the lobby gift shop to buy the little guys birthday suprises. Well they downsized to one cake in the treasure chest , credited back the other one and cancelled the balloons all with a smile . She called me to tell me the story and said " this is why you gotta love Disney"
    Other similar experiences we have had :
    Same DD got married in the rose garden, reception in the Pavillion room it was the most wonderful wedding. The only thing we mentioned to the staff was in passing that several of our guest half eaten cake had been cleanned up by the staff and glasses of champagne had also disappeared when dancing or greeting Mickey and Minnie...The person in charge Jeremy said he was so sorry but he would love to see the couple at Fantasmic dessert with priority seating as his guest. When the newleyweds arrived he asked where everyone else was? not knowing it was ok to bring others they went alone..he told them next time your parents are down for a visit come see me , my treat and gave my dd his cell number. A year later she called and he had our names down for the show we chose.
    Everyone please share your " gotta love Disney" stories.
    Scary though her 3 year olds souviners were a light sabre, a pirate sword and some sort of star wars themed gun , ahh boys!!!

Re: Why you gotta love Disney.

If you want true Disney magic, go find Maynard.

If you have met Maynard, you understand. If you haven't met Maynard, you really need to. Trust me on this.

Comment

Well, this was at WDW, but it counts in my book.
      We had just flown into Orlando, Florida for a fabulous vacation at WDW and it would probably be years and years till our next vacation. It was my parents, me, my little sister, and my older sister. My older sister decided to get a room of her own at the hotel and she allowed my little sister to stay with her. Around 3 AM on the third night my older sister called my mom saying my little sister woke up and was pukeing all over. Around 6 AM my older sister started pukeing all ove also. My sisters convinced us to go to Hollywood Studios for a while and leave them at the hotel. Around 11 my parents decided to go back to the hotel because they felt bad for my sisters. On our way out we stopped in a store and my mom got a coloring book for my little sister so she would have something to do in the hotel room. The CM in th store asked us how our day was and etc. My mom explained to her about my sisters getting sick, etc. The CM politely demanded us to go to Guest Relations. My mom wasn't going to since she figured they wouldn't be able to do anything but the lady talked us into going there before we left. We stopped at Guest Relations and told our story to a very polite young lady. The lady asked us who my sisters favorite charactes are and so we told her. She tld us to follow her into a store and she walked in a grabbed a giant $25 Winnie the Pooh from a shelf then grabbed a giant $25 dollar Pluto from the shelf! She gave them to us for free to take back to my sisters. She told us to wait where we were and didn't return till 20 minutes later. She said she had went to find balloons to take back with us but she couldn't find any balloon vouchers so she gave us two tickets that allowed us to get two balloons for when ever we came across them. She also explained to us that on our last day at WDW we could go and get the day my sister's missed refunded. We also got tickets to the Christmas Party which my sisters ended up missing that night and my dad decided to stay with them and made me and my mom go. They refunded those three Christmas tickets too. They were very helpful and accomodating
      sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
      Disney is my life <3
      Thank Walt for all he did! <3
      Future Imagineer <3
      Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

AHHHH MASSIVE BLOCKS OF TEXT!

but I did read it all and they are wonderful stories.
        -plagued

Comment

when i was little i dropped my soda, and while my mom was yelling at me (JOKING) one of the CMs replaced my drink, and it made me happy (plus she put it in a souvenir cup so it wouldnt spill if i dropped it again)
          dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

During the year of a million dreams I was sitting on the table cause I didn't feel good and one of the dream team asked me what was wrong? We ended up talking to him for about 30 minutes just about disney stuff. we talked about how the year of a million dreams was so cool but, i've never seen them give anything away though etc. etc
            He ended up giving me one of those tinkerbell pins and that alone made my entire day I was stoked!!!
            Well ends up the next day I saw the dream team cast member with a white vest on and he looked at us like follow me. We walked up to him and he turns around and hands us two of the year of a million dreams pin lanyards. My boyfriend and I were so happy I mean it was pretty crazy that the same guy that gave me a pin and then ended up giving us a lanyard.
            I was so happy I was so just like I love disneyland I love disneyland more then I normally say.

Ahhh good times !
            Missing Disneyland!

Comment

If you want true Disney magic, go find Maynard.

If you have met Maynard, you understand. If you haven't met Maynard, you really need to. Trust me on this.
              Anyone care to explain to a disneyland virgin who Maynard is?
              Visiting Disneyland for the first time: December 2010

"The Greatest Place on Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_92 View Post
                Anyone care to explain to a disneyland virgin who Maynard is?
                He is an amazing, wonderful, friendly, funny, talented, and completely insane man. He's exactly what a Cast Member should be: helpful, kind, enthusiastic, and cheerful.

I had the honor of meeting him a few months back. It looked like he was surprised that I knew who he was. He even was nice enough to pose for a picture with me! I expected that to be the end of things, but instead he took me aside and did a special performance, just for me and my siblings!

Here's a picture that really captures his Maynardness.

So yeah, Maynard's pretty darn awesome. DCA probably would have been a success from the start if everyone who worked there was like him.

(And that, folks, is saying something!)

By the way, that's a great story, LittleImagineer! I wonder if doing that is part of their job, or if they just did it because they're wonderful people?
                Last edited by Garfieldo; 09-18-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I love disneyland because on my last trip to WDW i wasnt having a good day and my nose was runny but i was with my gf (at the time) and two of our friends and i just toughed it out to go with them to the park. I wait in line i take two dayquil i walk through the turnstiles and scan my ticket take my park map and the CM at the gate turns to me smiles and says "Have a Magical Day!"....nothing at any themepark is ever said on the same lines with the same meaning.

Thats why i love disney.
                  "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X