Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Community giving for a free ticket?

How are they going to enforce this? Al Lutz mentioned that next year instead of getting into Disney on your birthday, you will have to show contributions by what you did for the community. By what document I ask? How are they going to enforce this? Will this, "Giving Back" be activated on your birthday? That at least shows verification ie; Birth Certificate or Driver's License.

How would they curb a Community Giving Certificate not to be made up by a nice letter with questionable but valid looking authority? Not that I'd do something like this but it leaves a lot open.

Re: Community giving for a free ticket?

From what I read it was a Disney approved community organization that it would have to be done through. So that organization would be the one to go on to some Disney site and register you for your free ticket after your hours had been done. If you don't do your hours, they don't register you, you don't get your ticket. That's the only way I can think of to control it. Since they are Disney approved, it probably means some deal has been done between Disney and that organization (most likely a donation of money to them or something).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Disney is associated with many non-profit community organizations, so there will be a large variety to choose from all over. I think it is a wonderful way to earn entrance into the Park at no charge!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Very cool idea.

Comment

I see this making the summer very crowded by having most people use thier tickets in the summer or During Christmas.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'm sure Disney is thinking about the crowd issue as well and may put date ranges on tickets or something. We'll see.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

i wonder what they will do for AP'S gift cards again.. i hope

Comment

Hmm. Interesting. Has this been officially confirmed by Disney?
                sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                Disney is my life <3
                Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                Future Imagineer <3
                Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

i was wonderng the same thing

Comment

you probably have to work with one of the disney approved orgs...
                    dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

I hope they release the details soon since this year is going fast, also I would hope the new ticket offer would go into effect on the first of 2010 and we need details to start planning and choosing our community service.

Comment

ITS OFFICIAL!!!! Just saw the commercial! It might be online, it has the muppets in it and they are working. It looks great!!!!

Comment

[shameless="selfplugging"]http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...promotion.html[/shameless]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X