This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Disneyland visit 9/15/09

Greetings, programs! It has certainly been a long while! So we have moved off the island, and are currently between jobs and in the meantime are back in SoCal staying with my in-laws for a couple of weeks. While we are here we decided to take my 2 year old daughter to Disneyland for the first time. This would be my first trip to Disneyland since July 17th 2005 (something important was going on that day if I recall ). Now I have been to WDW since then, but it felt great going back to the REAL Disney park. It became quite apparent as soon as we got there that the reports of increased attendance were no exaggeration. I guess the days of only 10-15k people in mid-September on a weekday are long gone.

Once in the park, the first thing that needed to be done was take a trip to the Subs. Many of you may recall that on the day of the 50th the walls just went up for the new version of the subs. So it was a great thrill to see the subs once again moving around! After a 30 minute wait, for the first since George H.W. Bush was President, I boarded the subs. My daughter loved it and so did I...right up to the moment that it got dark and loud. She was terrified, but that's understandable for such a young child. My opinion was that it was disappointing. Nemo just seems so out of place in Tomorrowland. I walked away wishing that they just updated the technology for the Subs but then otherwise left it as it was.

Other than that and the crowds we really did have a great day! It certainly is more fun to go as a parent for the sake of your kid than just going for yourself. I personally wouldn't take my daughter at a younger age than she is now, and I look forward to taking her again when she gets older. She loved the carousel and the Jungle Cruise. We both rode Pooh for the first time. She enjoyed it because she's two and she loves Pooh. But I do have to say that it was a horrible idea to replace Country Bears with that pathetic attraction. I know my daughter would've loved Country Bears a LOT more.

We'll be going back again next week and I can't wait. Especially since we know what my daughter does and does not like. After that however, who knows when we'll be back again. But its great to be a civilian again, its great to be back on the mainland and its great to walk again in the park that Walt built!

Re: Disneyland visit 9/15/09

Thanks for the trip report. Disneyland is the original and defintiely superior to all other Disney parks :]
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Re: Disneyland visit 9/15/09

Originally posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
      It certainly is more fun to go as a parent for the sake of your kid than just going for yourself.
      I concur!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X