This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Cafe Orleans Pommes Frites

Can you go to Cafe Orleans and just order the Pommes Frites and a drink or would they scowl at you for not ordering a full-on lunch/dinner?

Re: Cafe Orleans Pommes Frites

We go and order just a bowl of gumbo and a drink. I don't see why you couldn't do this too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

If you leave a nice enough tip, no waiter will ever scowl at you for anything
      -SilentDante
      eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Yes, you cna just buy pomme frites and no one will think it is wrong. We were once at Disneyland and it was late and we were all hungry for a snack so we went to Cafe Orleans and ordered two baskets of promme frites and some we each got a diet coke and enjoyed the fries. Our waiter was great and never scowled or anything :]
          sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
          Disney is my life <3
          Thank Walt for all he did! <3
          Future Imagineer <3
          Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

If it's hideously crowded and you're taking up a table for an order of fries, you may get some looks, but then again...if it's hideously crowded would you wait in line for half an hour just to get some fries? :-)

The waitstaff are almost always very courteous and I honestly don't think they mind if you only order fries and a drink. Leave a nice tip and you're fine.

Comment

Thanks for allaying my fry-fears! I'm looking forward to enjoying a basket of 'em this weekend!

Comment

As long as you are paying and polite, they really can't complain, even if you are taking up a table for fries. I'm sure if you were there for 2 hours they might suggest it is time for you to vacate the table

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Sorta off-topic question, but what are pomme fries? I don't think I've ever had them before.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                    Sorta off-topic question, but what are pomme fries? I don't think I've ever had them before.
                    They are the garlic fries that they serve at Cafe Orleans!! It's yummy!!!!

One thing I know for sure, you apparently can not take it to go. I asked. I wanted to order one so me and a friend can sit along the river and enjoy it while waiting for Fantasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                      They are the garlic fries that they serve at Cafe Orleans!! It's yummy!!!!

One thing I know for sure, you apparently can not take it to go. I asked. I wanted to order one so me and a friend can sit along the river and enjoy it while waiting for Fantasmic!
                      Actually, fries with garlic and Parmesean cheese! I think the combination is extremely important to remember in its deliciousness.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I've never tried them, but they sound yummy! As long as they don't smell as disgusting as those scary turkey legs, I'll try to try them next time I go! That sucks that they would not let you take them to go. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't eat just french fries. Sometimes I'm not hungry for a whole meal, and I'll just want french fries from somewhere, and everyone looks at me like the world's gonna end or something, like you have to eat french fries with a meal(not talking about in the park, just in general )

Comment

i have done it, and got a water, i got my bill and gave a tip and left, i didnt think twice about it
                          dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X