This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Name that Parade

I need your guys help I just found some pictures that I took before the 50th Anniversy of Disneyland well more got it fix. Anyways I took some pictures of a Parade but forgot the name of this Parade can anyone help me on this here are all 20 pictures that was taken.

Re: Name that Parade

Before POD, there was POTS, Parade Of The Stars. There was a time between POTS and POD that there was no parade, but a small cavacade that travelled down Main Street to SBC.

Comment

Thos pics are from Parade of Dreams! My daughter's first...
      Last edited by ttrocc7007; 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM. Reason: More complete info
      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Hmmm...I'm really not sure. I'm not the parade expert. The only time I really watch the parade is during the Christmas season
        sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
        Disney is my life <3
        Thank Walt for all he did! <3
        Future Imagineer <3
        Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
          Before POD, there was POTS, Parade Of The Stars. There was a time between POTS and POD that there was no parade, but a small cavacade that travelled down Main Street to SBC.

Your right Dan I forgot to say it was inbetween Parade of the Stars and POD and it was from Main street to the castle. I know this is not POD. But i'm not sure of the name to this as you can see Donald is dress like Davy Corcit [ms], Goofy like Indian Jones,Minnie as a Princess and looks like Mickey a band leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post

I just notes on this picture there is a sign on the float that it saids Main Street USA I wonder if that is the name?

Comment

It looks like on that one float they are representing the different lands in Disneyland: Mickey in a straw hat for Main Street U.S.A., Minnie in a princess dress for Fantasyland, Goofy dressed like a Jungle Cruise skipper for Adventureland, and Donald as Davey Crocket for Frontierland.

Comment

The one that has the different lands is "Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration" that used the same song as Parade Of Dreams pre-parade. The one with the princesses is "Sleeping Beauty's Royal Celebration".

heres some videos of both:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHpVl2VQens]YouTube - Happiest place on earth[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElEh51hcQOo]YouTube - Sleeping Beauty Parade[/ame]

*not my videos
                Have you PLay'ed today?

Comment

Thank you for the names. I forgot they where two different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bubble_POP View Post
                    The one that has the different lands is "Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration" that used the same song as Parade Of Dreams pre-parade.

heres some videos of both:

YouTube - Happiest place on earth
                    When was this??

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                      Thank you for the names. I forgot they where two different ones.
                      Your welcome

When was this??
                      LaughingPlace says the princess one opened on Jan 28th 2005 and the mickey one on Feb 11th 2005 but the videos give dates in 2004 so I really dont know.
                      Have you PLay'ed today?

Comment

I do believe it was in the early 2005 so those dates seem right to me.

Comment

I could swear that was POD, but I defer to those with more knowledge.
                          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Im pretty sure both ran that the same time after ACF finished its fun for 04, early 05 had both of these playing. I think each ran on select days during the week.

The Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration is now redressed and used in Mickey's Trick or Treat on the Street.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrnymirM_O8"]YouTube - Mickey's Trick-or-Treat in the Street Cavalcade[/ame]
                            "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Comment

What is that song called?! It's grand!
                              :ap:

Comment

LaughingPlace says the princess one opened on Jan 28th 2005 and the mickey one on Feb 11th 2005 but the videos give dates in 2004 so I really dont know.
                                I don't remember that. You sure?? I could of been as a filler parade after ACF, but before POD.

Originally posted by cancolby View Post
                                What is that song called?! It's grand!
                                It's on the Disneyland 50th Album.

Comment

It's on the Disneyland 50th Album.
                                  50 Years of Musical Magic? Or the Official Album (if that's really what it's called)? I have 50 Years of Musical Magic and it's not there, if it's on the Official Album, is it called Remember When? I don't think so but that's the only song on the Official Album I could think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by cancolby View Post
                                    50 Years of Musical Magic? Or the Official Album (if that's really what it's called)? I have 50 Years of Musical Magic and it's not there, if it's on the Official Album, is it called Remember When? I don't think so but that's the only song on the Official Album I could think it is.
                                    It's the first track on the Official Album. The song is Happiest Place on Earth.
                                    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                                    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by simmer View Post
                                      It's the first track on the Official Album. The song is Happiest Place on Earth.
                                      Thanks for trying to help. Is this the right album? It's not on that one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Official-Album-Disneylands-50th-Anniversary/dp/B0009A493A]Amazon.com: Official Album of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary: Disney: Music[/ame]

Comment

Dan I just look on one of the pictures I took from Mickey's Magic and it said I took it on March 2005 so they where early when they did them.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X