• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonadam1978
    New MiceChatter
    • Nov 2007

[Question] Question for the ladies.

My wife and I are going to be taking a trip to Disneyland next fall. For Christmas this year we have decided to give each other an experience at Disneyland. What is the best, most romantic, gift that I can give her?
  • LittleImagineer
    Future Imagineer! =D
    • Jun 2009

Re: Question for the ladies.

omg omg omg. give her a gorgeous ring or necklace or something right outside of sleeping beauty castle at night!
    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

• diznimom
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2006

Have her look for maybe two items in the shops at the park that she would really like to have as a reminder of your trip. I know I would love to have one of the character figures in the Disneyana store. Buy one, or both, of the items and surprise her with it at dinner or maybe on a bench on Main Street.

Comment

• Pizzaandfries
        Banned User
        • Aug 2009

A hotel room. You all know what's gonna go down in there.....oohh ya.

Comment

• kmrua65
          New MiceChatter
          • Sep 2009

Her wants
          ):lol:

Comment

• LittleImagineer
            Future Imagineer! =D
            • Jun 2009

Ummm, I still think you should buy her something gorgeous that she would love and get down on your knees (proposal style) in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at night then tell her how much you love her and your so happy to be spending your life with her.
            Also, watch the Christmas fireworks and snow. There's nothing more romantic than Disneyland during the Christmas season
            sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
            Disney is my life <3
            Thank Walt for all he did! <3
            Future Imagineer <3
            Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

• zsiq
              New MiceChatter
              • Apr 2007

I know I am not a lady..but her is my 2 cents...look into doing a private dinner at grand Calif. hotel. the have a balcony on the upper level that you have your own private wait staff, great food, and if you scehdule it right a private veiw of the fireworks with the music piped in to the balcony. I did this two years ago for my wife and it was sooooo amazing, and she really loved it. Perhaps some nice flowers in the room, gift basket Etc. There are lots of things to do for her at DL without buying the necklace. ( in my own opinion so unoriginal).

Comment

• eticketdream
                MiceChatter
                • Dec 2008

I would recommend the Mandara Spa at the Grand Californian Hotel. A little pricey, but I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Comment

• Exprmnt626
                  Ravenclaw
                  • Mar 2007

If you know her favourite foods, talk to the Napa Rose. Perhaps Chef Andrew might be able to prepare an entire meal at the Chef's Counter based on her specific preferences!
                  Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

• kaykay07
                    Kay <3 Buzz
                    • Mar 2008

i love zsiq idea altho i think watching the fireworks by the castle is really sweet 2 then wait for the "snow" it super romantic.

If you really want to get here something like material wise i suggest a jewelry or something bracelet is cool 2. You can never go wrong with BB.

My coworker said go to Pizza Port order spaghetti eat it like Lady and the Tramp style, then in all of the rides that takes photos u guys shld kiss.
                    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!
                    :thumbup:

Comment

• ChessurInWonderland
                      Future Cast Member
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by diznimom View Post
                      Have her look for maybe two items in the shops at the park that she would really like to have as a reminder of your trip. I know I would love to have one of the character figures in the Disneyana store. Buy one, or both, of the items and surprise her with it at dinner or maybe on a bench on Main Street.
                      Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                      Ummm, I still think you should buy her something gorgeous that she would love and get down on your knees (proposal style) in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at night then tell her how much you love her and your so happy to be spending your life with her.
                      Also, watch the Christmas fireworks and snow. There's nothing more romantic than Disneyland during the Christmas season

I think these suggestions are perfect

Comment

• kristibaer
                        Here Comes Trouble
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                        omg omg omg. give her a gorgeous ring or necklace or something right outside of sleeping beauty castle at night!
                        There is an antique jewelry store outside of Pirates called Jewel (or Gem) of New Orleans (aka Dianne's Estate Jewelry). They have many one of a kind items there that would be very unique and special to remember the experience...and I like the idea ^ of giving it to her during the snow outside the castle.

Here's a link to their main store in San Francisco
                        Last edited by kristibaer; 09-18-2009, 08:26 AM. Reason: added link
                        It may have zippity to do with doo-dah :ccool:

Comment

• kelbelle
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Sep 2009

It depends on your budget and on what kind of person your wife is. All these suggestions are great, but think about who she is. Does she love grand gestures, or would she be embarassed? Is she a jewelry girl? Then a great piece to add to her collection. If she's a foodie, then a nice meal perhaps. If she likes to pamper herself, perhaps a couples massage. For me anything that shows my husband pays attention to the little things I like is a romantic gesture. For example, I adore pink so he made sure when buying me a water bottle holder, that it was pink. It showed he appreciates who I am and went out of his way to do something he knew I would love even for something so simple. Anyone can do the go-to dozen roses, dinner, and a piece of jewelry, but if that's not who your wife is, then it won't mean as much. Think about who *she* is and do something that would fit her. I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful!

Comment

• SingingAngel7242
                            Off to Neverland
                            • Nov 2005

something at night... Disneyland at night is super romantic especially near the castle. but I'm like that private balcony dinner suggestion! *swoon*

Comment

• sunnygirl
                              rainy day girl
                              • Apr 2005

Anything from Tiffany should suffice.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ChessurInWonderland
                                Future Cast Member
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by kristibaer View Post
                                There is an antique jewelry store outside of Pirates called Jewel (or Gem) of New Orleans (aka Dianne's Estate Jewelry). They have many one of a kind items there that would be very unique and special to remember the experience...and I like the idea ^ of giving it to her during the snow outside the castle.

Here's a link to their main store in San Francisco
                                Dianne's Estate Jewellery - Welcome to Dianne's! San Francisco, Healdsburg, Disneyland, California
                                That's a good idea, too! I forgot about the New Orleans stores, those are nice!

If she's a die-hard Disney fan or just loves Disney, I'd get her something really nice and Disneyland-y that she'll always look at and remember getting it from you at Disneyland. It'll make the trip and gesture really memorable. Does she like a particular character? If so, this makes it a lot easier. I'd get her one of those large character figures. Those are really nice, and great decor, too. Perfect for both of you, and also will put a nice touch on your home. Even if she doesn't like one character, just Disney in general, you can still get her one, maybe a Mickey or one of the other main Disney characters, or just a character you think will add a nice to a particular room. You can also get her something Jim Shore. Those are really nice, perfect for a china cabinet or something for special items like that. Maybe you can make it a tradition, like if you only go to Disneyland once a year, every year, you could get her a Jim shore figure, maybe at the end of the trip, so then every time she sees them, she'll remember each trip. For example, if you both loved seeing the dragon in Fantasmic! the most, on your trip, you can get her this figurine:

It's really general sleeping Beauty, but I think it'll be a great way to remember a highlight of your trip like seeing Fantasmic! together or something. Like, maybe instead your favorite part of your trip was waiting and watching magical. Maybe just sitting, waiting, and eating caramel apples or corn dogs and then finally the show starts, and you both love seeing Dumbo soar over the castle, you can get her this:

If she's not into things like figurines, maybe get her a watch with her favorite Disney character. Some are available with original artwork(I think for the same price as without the artwork, which is nice), and come in a frame, so if she doesn't want to wear it because she isn't into wearing watches or is afraid of losing it, you can hang it up in your home. If you want something thats very Disneyland-y, I'd check out the Main Street stores. Everything there is really nice.

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
                                  DoleWhipDrea
                                  • Apr 2005

The Napa Rose dinner on the private balcony. Or even just going to Napa Rose (it has a very romantic atmosphere, and the food is incredible).

And I second the Jewel of New Orleans motion (if it's in your budget).

Comment

• jasonadam1978
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by eticketdream View Post
                                    I would recommend the Mandara Spa at the Grand Californian Hotel. A little pricey, but I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

I like this one the best so far. What services to they have? Any that you would recommend?

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                                      Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Napa Rose is a great suggestion.

What does you wife like? I'm not a big jewelry person, so that would be more or less wasted on me. I'd rather have a painting or a figurine that I like than fancy jewelery. Or maybe a crystal fig from the Crystal shop.
                                      Good morning, son
                                      In twenty years from now
                                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                      It was pain
                                      Sunny days and rain
                                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• eticketdream
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jasonadam1978 View Post
                                        I like this one the best so far. What services to they have? Any that you would recommend?
                                        My favorite is the Balinese massage! It's considered their signature massage treatment. It's a medium pressure massage with aromatherapy, and I believe you can choose between 50 or 80 minutes. I have gotten 50 minutes in the past, which was $125, however, as an Annual Passholder I got 10% off. I know they also offer a Couples Massage, where the two of you would get a massage together side by side.

Here's a link to a PDF file of their brochure from MandaraSpa.com:

Discover Mandara Spa for a variety of treatments that will leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated, at Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort. Book today.

They also have special discounted services on Monday-Thursday only. I would recommend calling the spa to see what specials they have right now.

I personally think a spa day would be the ultimate present, great choice!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X