• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leopardchucks
    Riff Raff, Street Rat
    • Aug 2009

Re: Potential third gate attraction!

I love the idea of Chernabog as an antagonist in a ride. And the ride going from a bumpy carriage jaunt to flying above a scene as in Peter Pan would be seriously awesome. In DL there are several coasters and 'cars' on tracks, as well as a few boats.....but something that changes in the middle of the ride and gives you a completely different experience would be most welcomed. However, the flying ghost guys would need to be more than mere projections to avoid feeling like a rip-off of the HM cemetery scene.

I admire your creativity. Keep it up! It looks rad!
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

• pianoman13
      Fancy that...
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
      I'll be waiting!
      Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
      Me Too!
      Ahh, just be patient, I'm a little busy with other school related projects. But i appreciate that you're excited to see more.

Very impressive Pianoman13.

Question: Would/could the mountain house any
      more attractions? Eatery?
      I think that overall the mountain would just house the attraction inside... think of Space Mountain. Though I think that it may need a little more room because the mountain is so vertical as opposed to horizontal... witch would be good for the flying parts, but it would all be pretty tight in there.

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
      I love the idea of Chernabog as an antagonist in a ride. And the ride going from a bumpy carriage jaunt to flying above a scene as in Peter Pan would be seriously awesome. In DL there are several coasters and 'cars' on tracks, as well as a few boats.....but something that changes in the middle of the ride and gives you a completely different experience would be most welcomed. However, the flying ghost guys would need to be more than mere projections to avoid feeling like a rip-off of the HM cemetery scene.

I admire your creativity. Keep it up! It looks rad!
      I intended for it to have a depth effect with AA ghosts on a hidden track loop flying closest to you but having projections of other ghosts behind them to give it depth and fill in the empty space to make it more interesting( the projections would also include atmospheric effects like the blue clouds and such)

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2005

You two may have to drop out of school and work this out together.

Comment

• pianoman13
          Fancy that...
          • Jun 2007

Or just a certain class that's taking up all my time... hah

Long story short, I'm not going to be around to work on anything tomorrow.

Comment

• RocknGuitar
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
            You two may have to drop out of school and work this out together.
            A perfectly logical decision.

I have spent almost 2 and a half hours working on the church and cemetery.

This project might take a while...

Comment

• pianoman13
              Fancy that...
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by RocknGuitar View Post
              A perfectly logical decision.

I have spent almost 2 and a half hours working on the church and cemetery.

This project might take a while...
              But wait, I have a concept for you to give you a better idea of what I think it should be geographically. It was a little rushed, and I don't have a scanner, but here it is!

So here you have a river and a bridge for the entrance, the town is off to the left and it's like New Orleans Square. There will be shops and restaurants that go in and out of the attraction show building(like the Blue Bayou but in a creepy atmosphere... if that's what you're into). The church entrance is at the end of the road in a little hub. Also, I think that the mountain would have to be a little bit smaller in comparison to the buildings and the use of scale tricks would of course be used.

Comment

• leopardchucks
                Riff Raff, Street Rat
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post

Also, I think that the mountain would have to be a little bit smaller in comparison to the buildings and the use of scale tricks would of course be used.
                Why not go HUGE? You could even have hotel suites at the top levels! The ride could be housed mostly in the wider base, but you would have a great deal of room to fill up with other, profitable endeavors. What about a special glass elevator that is unseen to riders, but the those inside the elevator could be just inches from Chernabog's devilish face?! Fun!

I LOVE your idea.
                Last edited by leopardchucks; 09-18-2009, 10:54 PM. Reason: more stuff!
                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

• pianoman13
                  Fancy that...
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
                  Why not go HUGE? You could even have hotel suites at the top levels! The ride could be housed mostly in the wider base, but you would have a great deal of room to fill up with other, profitable endeavors. What about a special glass elevator that is unseen to riders, but the those inside the elevator could be just inches from Chernabog's devilish face?! Fun!

I LOVE your idea.
                  Haha thanks.

The problem is that any man made structure that's past around 200 feet has to get a little red blinking light at the top... if i'm not mistaken. And that of course would ruin the effect and just be a pain. I'm thinking like Expedition Everest big, just a little bit skinnier to make it look taller and more intimidating... and of course they could build underground for more space.

Comment

• RocknGuitar
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2009

^Hotel Suites? Not really a good idea in a faux mountain that has to also work as a showbuilding.

Alright, I think I might have to start over. :lol:

What you drew really clears things up, thanks for that.

Okay, I think I get it. That area on the left behind the buildings is the showbuilding, which leads into the mountain then comes back around into the church? But how will the buildings react with the ride if the ride is supposed to be taking place in the town itself? Is it like the Blue Bayou in which you go into the building, then come out of the building into an outdoors scene? If so, don't you think the carriage should maybe travel simply along a small cemetary or something, then go into the main showbuilding into the town?

Comment

• pianoman13
                      Fancy that...
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by RocknGuitar View Post
                      ^Hotel Suites? Not really a good idea in a faux mountain that has to also work as a showbuilding.

Alright, I think I might have to start over. :lol:

What you drew really clears things up, thanks for that.

Okay, I think I get it. That area on the left behind the buildings is the showbuilding, which leads into the mountain then comes back around into the church? But how will the buildings react with the ride if the ride is supposed to be taking place in the town itself? Is it like the Blue Bayou in which you go into the building, then come out of the building into an outdoors scene? If so, don't you think the carriage should maybe travel simply along a small cemetary or something, then go into the main showbuilding into the town?
                      Sorry to make you re-do the whole thing!

I didn't think very logistically with the ride system for this picture... but here's how I see it.

The left side is the town where guest explore, shop, and eat. The right side with the church is the cemetery/tomb entrance. You start the ride on the right, but you weasel your way to the left to the town side to begin the ride. The ending show building is on the right side and it's mainly just the cemetery stuff with the ghosts returning to their graves.

Also, I think the carriage should stay in the show building at all times because the day/night thing can get complicated.

I'll work on a sort of schematic for the whole ride track later... but at least now we have an idea of the general layout?:blush:
                      Last edited by pianoman13; 09-18-2009, 11:19 PM. Reason: switched left and right accidentally

Comment

• RocknGuitar
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                        Sorry to make you re-do the whole thing!

I didn't think very logistically with the ride system for this picture... but here's how I see it.

The left side is the town where guest explore, shop, and eat. The right side with the church is the cemetery/tomb entrance. You start the ride on the right, but you weasel your way to the left to the town side to begin the ride. The ending show building is on the right side and it's mainly just the cemetery stuff with the ghosts returning to their graves.

Also, I think the carriage should stay in the show building at all times because the day/night thing can get complicated.

I'll work on a sort of schematic for the whole ride track later... but at least now we have an idea of the general layout?:blush:
                        Yeah, that sounds good. I already have the river and the bridge done but I'll hold off on everything else until it is more definite. I want to make sure the layout works first. I'm not much of an artist, but maybe I could make some sketches of what my ideas are sooner or later.

Comment

• pianoman13
                          Fancy that...
                          • Jun 2007

Okay, also, just imagine the mountain smaller in comparison to the buildings as well as make the buildings and the walkways farther away from the mountain to keep the illusion that the mountain is bigger than it really is.

Comment

• LittleImagineer
                            Future Imagineer! =D
                            • Jun 2009

Wow! This is a really good idea! However, I don't think we should get a thrid gate in Anaheim, but I would love to see your idea here! It sounds very fun
                            sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                            Disney is my life <3
                            Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                            Future Imagineer <3
                            Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2005

LittleImagineer, we will black list you from the third park if you keep it up, lol

Comment

• Sub_Voyage fan
                                Golden Dreamer!
                                • Apr 2007

I actually like this attraction idea! But the more I am hearing of it I don't know if it would fit in the new theme park. I was thinking something near Tower of Terror as at the end they hint the darker Hollywood. What about if that village was a small village from a movie set or something?

It may not work but it is worth an idea.

Comment

• pianoman13
                                  Fancy that...
                                  • Jun 2007

No offence, but how would it fit in Hollywood Pictures Backlot? We'd have another intentionaly fake attraction and there's no room anyways. My imaginary third gate is based on mythology and mystery and that sort of thing. I think Chernabog fits right in with that.

Comment

• Karalora
                                    Faerie Godmother

• Jul 2009

Chernabog does fit right in, inasmuch as he is a being from Slavic mythology. He is the evil "black god," opposed by the good "white god" Byelobog.
                                    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X