X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Disneyland Imagineering Competition

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
    Name: Discovery Bay, Discovery Cove, Discoveryland
    Location: Between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (Northeast corner of the Park)
    Adjusted Current Attractions: Autopia will be gone, Monorail will be shortened as it travels around Tomorrowland, Sub Attraction Building will be underneath the new Volcano attraction (with 20k leagues Under the Sea Subs), and the Peoplemmover track will be used, but with a different layout.

Discovery Area Description: This new land will be located between Fantasy and the world of Tomorrow. It will be the perfect location to bring both themed areas together. Like NOS does for Frontierland, Adventureland, and Critter Country.

Submarine Attraction: The Finding Nemo theme would be a distant memory. In its place will be an attraction themed to the 20k Leagues Under the Sea book or movies. It will have the latest effects as you come in and out of the show buildings and finally face to face with a giant squid.

Little Mermaid or Aquatopia: With Little Mermaid being built in DCA I would move the Aquatopia into the old Motor Boat Cruise area.

Discovery Mountain / Fire Mountain / Mysterious Mountain: Same exact theme as the TDS attraction, but with a longer track layout. I even recommend using some of the existing Peoplemover track layout.
    So the attractione will board in the new land but you will tour through Tomorrowland area before your journey to the center of the earth and come face to face with the fire monster.
    Not quite understanding how this is a toontown attraction....
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
      Name: Discovery Bay, Discovery Cove, Discoveryland
      Location: Between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (Northeast corner of the Park)
      Adjusted Current Attractions: Autopia will be gone, Monorail will be shortened as it travels around Tomorrowland, Sub Attraction Building will be underneath the new Volcano attraction (with 20k leagues Under the Sea Subs), and the Peoplemmover track will be used, but with a different layout.

Discovery Area Description: This new land will be located between Fantasy and the world of Tomorrow. It will be the perfect location to bring both themed areas together. Like NOS does for Frontierland, Adventureland, and Critter Country.

Submarine Attraction: The Finding Nemo theme would be a distant memory. In its place will be an attraction themed to the 20k Leagues Under the Sea book or movies. It will have the latest effects as you come in and out of the show buildings and finally face to face with a giant squid.

Little Mermaid or Aquatopia: With Little Mermaid being built in DCA I would move the Aquatopia into the old Motor Boat Cruise area.

Discovery Mountain / Fire Mountain / Mysterious Mountain: Same exact theme as the TDS attraction, but with a longer track layout. I even recommend using some of the existing Peoplemover track layout.
      So the attractione will board in the new land but you will tour through Tomorrowland area before your journey to the center of the earth and come face to face with the fire monster.
      Oh, yeah, thanks for pointing that out MistaDee.
      I was looking for an attraction for Toontown, not several attractions to replace the toontown area.

Comment

Well this thread seems dead (hehe rhymed) maybe time for new topic? the alloted time frame seems a bit lengthy as most people with intent to post will have done so by now
        Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
        Grizzly Peak Mining District

Comment

So Disney Princess when can we vote on a project?
          DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

The deadline is still the eighteenth. However, I will give people until monday to tell me whether or not they plan on entering the contest by the 18th. If noone else is, I'll start the voting.

Comment

I spent a few hours honing an ideaa, only to realize that posting it on the internet would make it anyones for the taking. Then I read that people already discussed that. Too bad.

Comment

I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it...

I honestly don't care about having my ideas used by other people. Yeah, if they take credit for it it'd hack me off, but if I'm creative enough to think of an idea worth stealing, I can think up another one that's just as good if not better, right?

Comment

Comment

Animotion!
                    A trackless ride that lets you explore the animation process!

Ever wonder how cartoons are made? Well, wonder no more! For the first time ever, The Toontown Production Company will be letting guests tour their facilities! And your tour guide for today is...Goofy?! Uh oh...

Queue & Loading Area

The queue/loading area is themed to look like a soundstage, but a cartoony one. It's filled with various items from famous Disney cartoons, like Mickey's sorcerer cap from The Sorcerer's Apprentice and his airplane from Plane Crazy. After guests board their vehicles (which are shaped like paint cans) they'll hear Goofy's voice telling them that he'll be with them in just a moment- he needs to ____ first (fill in the blank with one of 50 prerecorded tasks, such as wash the boss' car or change a lightbulb). After that, you hear the "Goofy scream," and Mickey's voice comes on to tell you that Goofy will be fine, and then proceeds to spiel the safety instructions.

Set Building

This is the first scene.

The room is completely white when you first enter, except for Goofy at the end of the hallway. He's holding a microphone that carries his voice to your car. He explains to you that they're currently building the set for a new Cops and Robbers-type cartoon. A multitude of hands holding pencils then descend from the ceiling and begin drawing lines in thin air. Slowly but surely, the street comes together, with Goofy spieling bits of trivia about the studio's "history". He gets bored, and leans against something that's being drawn. He soon realizes that he's leaning on a newly-drawn train, and as it's whistle blows, he starts running down the track with the train after him. You then pass underneath the train tracks and into the next scene.

(The blank room would be a lighting trick, and the lines on thin air would be clever projections on 3D surfaces. Goofy and the train would simply just be projections on a flat surface.

Set Painting

In the next scene, several fire hoses suspended from the ceiling are spraying paint willy-nilly all over some blank sets.

Goofy, sounding a bit frazzled from the last room, pops up in front of one of the buildings. He tries to continue his tour spiel, but the hoses quickly turn toward him and start bombarding him with paint. After painting different patterns on him (such as polka dots and zebra stripes), the hoses blast him into the next scene, and you follow along.

(Once again, effects are done with projections and light tricks.)

The Music Room

The lights slowly grow darker and darker. You hear Goofy say that he's having a hard seeing, and then hear a loud crash.

After a few moments of stillness, horns then blare at your ride vehicle. Jazz music starts playing, and your ride vehicle bounces, spins, and zooms along the track to the music. Instruments and music notes are flying about. Colored strobe lights (that strobe very, very slowly) light up the scene in a surrel scene, with Goofy remarking "Garwsh, look at all the pretty lights!" He then explain that this is where the music for cartoons is made.

(Floating instruments and music notes done in a similar fasion to the Seance Circle.)

Prop Room

You slowly enter the light once again, and find yourself in a room filled with moving inanimate objects. Toy airplanes zoom around, balls bounce, a Jack-in-the-Box pops up as you pass it, a piano tied to the ceiling above the track sways back and forth, and a cactus dances, just to name a few of the room's many objects. You see Goofy standing on a crate, saying that all of the props from every Disney cartoon ever made came from this room. Nobody knows who makes them, but they were all found here. He then points out that the piano hanging from the ceiling isn't tied very securely, and as you pass under it it falls a few feet. "Huh, I guess I was wrong," he says passively.

(Goofy's an AA this time. For the sake of consistency, the animated Goofys in the previous scenes would be styled to look like the AAs.)

Finale

The sets that were being build earlier are now completely finished. As you start to travel down the street, Goofy pops up from a manhole in the middle of the road and remarks that something's missing. Sirens, alarms, and gunshots are suddenly heard. Air blasts make it seem like bullets are rushing past you, and guns seem to hover in midair while bags of money run off by themselves. Special surroundsound technology makes it feel like there are invisible people running, yellowing blowing whistles, etc. around you.

"Whoops, I forgot to tell the actors that it was time to start! Hmm. Maybe nobody will notice. WHOAA!"

Up until the "whoa," Goofy will have been looking around absentmindedly as your ride vehicle grew closer and closer to him. He ducks out the way just in time.

"Phew, that was a close one!"
                    Pounding noises are heard from the manhole.
                    "Now, uh, how do I get out of here?"

(Once again, Goofy's an AA.)

Unload

You unload in a location similar to the load station, but in a different area. Goofy's thanks you for taking the tour, and hopes that you take it again soon. "Now will someone please let me outta here?!"

Comment

Great entries! Remember, everyone, the contest ends sunday at midnight!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X