Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

California Screamin' already uses that coaster's launch sequence.
    While a fun part of the attraction, I don't think anyone leaves Rock 'N' Roller Coaster saying, "you know, I enjoyed the launch sequence so much that I wouldn't notice any difference if the rest of the attraction were a simple unthemed, outdoor roller coaster."

It's like saying we didn't need the Haunted Mansion because Adventures Through Innerspace already had the omnimovers.

Comment

Re: What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

Well I don't get the opposition. If there's something really great, why not have it at Disneyland. Why be forced to go to Florida or Tokyo or Hong Kong or Paris to experience it? Why should the Anaheim parks be deprived of something really great? Oh well, if this is going to reopen a whole Pandora's Box of arguing over the merits of cloning rides, then forget the whole thing.

Comment

Main Street Haunted Hotel from HKDL. Hooray for controversy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
          Well I don't get the opposition. If there's something really great, why not have it at Disneyland. Why be forced to go to Florida or Tokyo or Hong Kong or Paris to experience it? Why should the Anaheim parks be deprived of something really great? Oh well, if this is going to reopen a whole Pandora's Box of arguing over the merits of cloning rides, then forget the whole thing.
          Don't give up the battle you might win.

Comment

Can I just get WestCOT?

But seriously, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. It would actually make sense in Hollywood Pictures Backlot as it is now. Perhaps not after the retheme...but then again it fits in on Sunset Boulevard which has an early 20th century theme as well.

I'd also say some attractions which Disneyland used to have that still exist at WDW...Country Bears, Peoplemover, and CircleVision.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
              What I meant is this thread will get heated as people re hash the standing argument for or against bringing attractions from other parks into Disneyland Resort.

You're at 122 posts, I'm at almost 19K, which is scary.

But one thing I can tell you, without even consulting Leota, is this is the running argument of this site.

Some people would rather wait twice as long or more and have half or less new attractions added if they were all original, and unique to DLR.

Others see the economics behind spreading development costs of new E ticket attractions between two or more resorts, thereby reducing the cost to deliver the final product (ie the attraction.)

So I see it as a matter of economics. Twice or more as many copied or cloned concepts opening at twice the rate, because they are sharing development costs for a similar or identical version in Florida, Asia or Europe? Or do we hold out for a slower growth in new attractions, which aren't being developed anywhere else?

Because the way I see it, even if DLR pays 100% of the development costs and creates a "unique" attraction, usually there's only a limited window before any of the other resorts can copy it. So what's the point?

And unless you're a small subset of the superfans who frequent all of the world's Disney parks, it's not critical to me that I be able to trot around the globe in search of different Disney attractions. It's a high price to pay for such an elite mystique.
              Bravo CaliforniaAdventurer.

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
              While a fun part of the attraction, I don't think anyone leaves Rock 'N' Roller Coaster saying, "you know, I enjoyed the launch sequence so much that I wouldn't notice any difference if the rest of the attraction were a simple unthemed, outdoor roller coaster."

It's like saying we didn't need the Haunted Mansion because Adventures Through Innerspace already had the omnimovers.
              That is one of the main reasons why Rock N' Roller Coaster
              was turned down. Also, Rock N' Roller Coaster would have
              taken up too much space in the Backlot.

And it's a bit unfair to compare Adventure through Inner Space with
              The Haunted Mansion.

Comment

POOH'S. HUNNY. HUNT.

That is all.
                "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
                -Walter O' Dim.

Comment

Expedition Everest at DCA.

Although keeping with the rigid California theme it will be renamed Expedition Mount Baldy.

Comment

Mickey's Philharmagic. Expedition Everest ( or at least something that would go backwards). Rockin Rollercoaster (with a new soundtrack).
                    ):lol::blush::bow::yea::sleep::thumbup::captain::clap::geek::im theone::meet::ap::squeeze::smart::angel:dMom

Oh how I love smiles!

Comment

Never been to any other Disney park, just for the record.

I hear that Rock N Roller Coaster is amazing, and I think would fit very nicely in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Just update the soundtrack to something/someone Californian. Take out that whole left side that includes Muppets, WWTBAM, Monsters, and those pointless shops and put it there. Highly unlikely but I can dream.

Expedition Everest is basically an updated, better version of our Matterhorn. There could be an Expedition Yosemite or Expedition some other famous Californian mountain. WOW that sounds bad. haha.

Mission: Space I think would be perfect in Tomorrowland. It would really fit well with the whole spacey, futuristic theme. Replace Innoventions with Mission: Space

Comment

Absolutely nothing from WDW. I loved Mission: Space but keep it there. Expedition Everest was awesome too but keep it there. I'm okay with them building the same coaster here but theme it entirely different. Why are we so against going to other parks? I know it's hard for some people to do that but imagine if every resort was really really unique. You'd actually make more of a point to see them wouldn't you?

The one ride I do want cloned is an odd choice: Aquatopia. it's just a harmless raft ride from Tokyo Disney Sea.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Nice post Coheteboy.

Comment

Jon A. Leslie
                            nojarama
                            http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

I think I have to agree with Coheteboy. I really dislike the whole cloning idea. I don't want to see anything from any other park at the DLR. If they put it in Anaheim, I suddenly don't have a reason to go and see the other park.

That being said, I am totally ok with reusing the technology of a ride in some new format. Aquatopia is an awesome looking attraction and I think it could be really cool used at DL in some way. Heck, could even be dressed up as fallen Fall leaves for a float through the woods with Tinkerbell or something. Use the technology, but please change the ride so I can enjoy going to TDR and enjoying all these new rides for the first time.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I think if an attraction is a good fit themeatically, it should be cloned or at least a very similar attraction with a few changes is in order.

Where we get into trouble is when we try to shoehorn something like MI:LF into Disneyland's Tomorrowland. If an attraction like Everest is built in DCA it should be more like the grizzly bear roller coaster at HKDL and fit into the theme of the park/land you're building it in.

Comment

:O I don't think WDC would ever take down Sleeping Beauty's castle from Disneyland..... would they? Walt made that!

one hundred and one

Comment

Swiss Family Treehouse (MK) (DLP) (DL)
                                    Mysteries of the Nautilus (DLP) (DL)
                                    Rocket Jets on a platform (TDL) (DL)
                                    Tomorrowland Transit Authority/PeopleMover (MK) (DL)
                                    Carousel of Progress (MK) (DL)
                                    Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock (DLP) (DL)
                                    Dragon cave (DLP)
                                    Journey to the Center of the Earth (TDS)
                                    Vulcania (TDS)
                                    Pooh's Hunny Hunt (in Fantasyland where it belongs - - TDL)
                                    Horizons (late of EPCOT)
                                    Mickey's Philharmagic (MK)
                                    Adventure Thru Inner Space (DL)
                                    Country Bear Jamboree (MK) (DL)
                                    Alice's Curious Labyrinth (DLP)
                                    Cinderella Restaurant (DLP)
                                    Spider-Man (IOA)

Comment

Pooh's Hunny Hunt!

It's so much better than DLR's pooh ride.
                                      HIYA!

Comment

Nothing at all. No point of building a similar clone attraction, since Disney has done so much in the past few years.

Walt Disney didn't want to build the same rides. He wants to build different attractions with imagination and creativity.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                                        Save
                                        Sav

Comment

I know it would be very difficult to fit these rides, but Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. those two are my absolute favorite rides outside of DLR.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X