Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

I'm normally pretty anti-cloning, but I'd much rather see Finding Nemo: the Musical in the Hyperion Theatre than the upcoming Toy Story musical, which is mediocre on the cruise ships and would be the third incarnation of the Toy Story series at the DLR.

Comment

Re: What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

I want the DLR to get The Great Clone Smasher attraction.
      Where "something terribly goes wrong" .. and Disney can no longer build cloned versions of attractions any longer!

Original attractions, please.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
        I want the SEA! More specifically, I want Tokyo Disney SEA to replace ALL of DCA!
        :thumbup: Post of the century!

Comment

I know I don't have a lot of MiceChat cred yet, but I'd still like to voice my approval for Mickey's Philharmagic. It's got the Disney originality and characters, the interactive stuff that the Imagineering team is so keen on incorporating, and is enjoyable for kids and adults. I don't want to have it replace HISTA, since it wouldn't quite fit Tomorrowland...but I would love to see it at the DLR for sure. I'd make sure to catch it at least once on every trip.
          *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
          *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
          *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
            I want the DLR to get The Great Clone Smasher attraction.
            Where "something terribly goes wrong" .. and Disney can no longer build cloned versions of attractions any longer!

Original attractions, please.
            Radiator Springs Racers would never be if they didn't clone the technology from Test Track. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
              Hey, that kinda looks like . . . a face! 8-O

Comment

Not a fan of cloned attractions. I think the different parks should keep certain attractions unique to their parks. Otherwise, why visit the different parks? Also, not all rides translate well. Or transplant. Im not saying NO rides should be cloned, however.

Comment

Let's put the TTA from WDW where the PeopleMover used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                    Radiator Springs Racers would never be if they didn't clone the technology from Test Track.
                    Perhaps, to a certain extent.

The attraction will utilize a similar ride system.

Although this version will be more advanced
                    then its predecessor that can be found in Epcot.

Comment

Radiator Springs Racers would never be if they didn't clone the technology from Test Track. Just sayin'

cloning technology is not what we're opposed of. It's cloning exact duplicates of rides.

If we didn't clone technology, you wouldn't have Pinocchio next to Snow White. Or Rocket jets and Dumbo. Or Pirates and Small World. Or Haunted Mansion and Adventure Thru InnerSpace. so on so forth.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Pooh's Hunny hunt and Journey To The Center of the earth.
                        Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          cloning technology is not what we're opposed of. It's cloning exact duplicates of rides.
                          Correct again.

Comment

Oh good, so you all recognize the value in sharing r&d costs on technology.

You don't think each park should invest in their own proprietary ride systems?

Now that the money went into Test Track, DLR can spend more money on atmosphere and show and less investment into technology to create the amazing RSR attraction that's going up now.

Comment

Correct again.
                              I'd like some numbers on what % of visitors to Disneyland will be back to Disneyland within 5 years. Then what % will visit WDW within 5 years. Then what % will visit ANY overseas Disney park in 5 years.

Show me some big numbers, Rob. Because I was impressed with all the "1st visit" pins on people's clothes yesterday when I was in the parks.

Comment

The technology should be upgraded/advanced
                                from it's predecessors.

As I have stated my revulsion for cloning attractions,
                                if one is going to reincarnate an attraction, make it
                                modified, make it different, make it better.

Comment

Exactly, your second wife should be hotter than your first.

Maybe that was a bad example.

Comment

That is a pretty morose comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                                      Let's put the TTA from WDW where the PeopleMover used to be.
                                      [ MarkTwain high-fives B2D ]

Oh good, so you all recognize the value in sharing r&d costs on technology.

You don't think each park should invest in their own proprietary ride systems?

Now that the money went into Test Track, DLR can spend more money on atmosphere and show and less investment into technology to create the amazing RSR attraction that's going up now.
                                      ... and now that the DLR is perfecting the technology for the track and putting more money into the show, maybe WDW will use the R&D results to make a ride more appropriate to the theme of Future World in Epcot?

If only, if only...

Comment

That's a good idea. Because Test Track seems very contemporary.

Comment

/\
                                          Did I just write in Haiku?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X