This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Totally beyond amazing CMs

So who here knows of some amazing CMs and has some good stories to tell?

Obviously, everyone knows Maynard. We've had threads dedicated to him. He's amazingly hilarious as most know. He always has a joke for those who take notice of him.

Anyone besides Maynard?
    One of my favorites is Grandma Pat. She's worked in Fantasyland for like...ever. She is sooo sweeeeeetttt. She makes the most wonderfully amazingly magical moments. I've gotten to speak to her on many occasions and she's great. A cast member friend of mine has informed me that she will bring brownies for cast members to have on their break. She's woooondeerfuuullll. If you ever see her, you should talk to her. She's a very kind woman.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Re: Totally beyond amazing CMs

I just met Grandma Pat for the first time on my family trip to Disneyland a few weeks ago. We were getting off the Alice in Wonderland ride and my daughter and I both recognized her from the Disney Vacation planning DVDs we've been watching constantly for the last few years.

My 8 year-old daughter walked right up to her and asked "Are you the lady from the Disney DVDs?" Grandma Pat could see the birthday buttons all over her lanyard and asked if she could make magic with us that morning.

She then spent the next two hours with us taking us on rides, talking about the history of the park, pointing out trivia and hidden mickeys. She even gave my daughter two carousel pins and took her to meet Sorcerer Mickey in Toontown.

I had never heard of anything like this happening before. It was definitely the most memorable day we've ever had at Disneyland.

I can definitely also throw out a big shout out for Farley the Fiddler. He always does a great job making each person feel like they are an old friend and that Disneyland is home. He is great at telling stories, playing songs and putting smiles on everyone's faces.

I know I've had some very special and magical moments with taking my daughter to meet each of the characters. They all do a great job at making each guest feel like they are best friends.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Cruise: Disney Fantasy 13

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Comment

awwww... that made me cry nearly i really want to meet grandma pat now
      sigpic

Comment

The last time I mentioned a CM by name (and it was in a complimentary fashion), a moderator censored my post saying it was against Mice Chat rules to use CMs names in any fashion. I have seen that is not always the case, but keeping that in mind I am always impressed with:
        ****** *** ******* over by ************.
        Also *** * **** at the ***** ***.
        I'm also quite impressed with ***** who can usually be found in ***********.
        Another fave is ***** at the **** *****.
        There, that ought to keep moderator *********** happy!

PS
        The above was posted with tongue in cheek.
        First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
        First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
        BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
          The last time I mentioned a CM by name (and it was in a complimentary fashion), a moderator censored my post saying it was against Mice Chat rules to use CMs names in any fashion. I have seen that is not always the case, but keeping that in mind I am always impressed with:
          ****** *** ******* over by ************.
          Also *** * **** at the ***** ***.
          I'm also quite impressed with ***** who can usually be found in ***********.
          Another fave is ***** at the **** *****.
          There, that ought to keep moderator *********** happy!

PS
          The above was posted with tongue in cheek.

hehe..that kibda made me laugh..

too bad you can't day the cm's name though...
          sigpic

Comment

I think her name was ,name removed. and she's at the Blue Sky Cellar. Very informative...got dome PP/HPB timelines. Very sweet, too.
            Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-20-2009, 03:39 PM. Reason: name removed per mc guidelines
            ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

I've posted this in another thread, but it's one of my favorite Disney memories, so I suppose I could share it again

Last year when I went for my 16th, I was totally bummed out to find that City Hall had run out of birthday pins. Instead, I was given a sticker, which was definitely not as durable as a pin. After a bunch of wear and tear during the day, I decided to toss it in the waste basket closest to the entrance of HM. No sooner had I flipped open the lid that I get a tap on the shoulder from a Custodial CM who then handed me a real pin while wishing me a happy birthday! He must have seen me remove my barely noticeable sticker. The pin must have come from the ground somewhere because there were scuff marks and dents in some areas, but it topped all of the other birthday wishes I had gotten from CMs that day. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name because we were being ushered into the entrance hall, but that small gesture just goes to show how almost every CM is there to make sure that guests have a truly magical experience

Now I always make an effort to fill out a comment card for the CMs that I interact with!

Comment

Mod Note...

As with other threads of this type, please do not post names, or they will be edited out. Even though we are talking about wonderful service from well-meaning CM's, sometimes when they go above and beyond, they may be breaking a rule that could cause them problems if the boss finds out. So we'd rather not have a part in getting a CM fired
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                  Mod Note...

As with other threads of this type, please do not post names, or they will be edited out. Even though we are talking about wonderful service from well-meaning CM's, sometimes when they go above and beyond, they may be breaking a rule that could cause them problems if the boss finds out. So we'd rather not have a part in getting a CM fired
                  Darn it...I thought that might be a problem. Whoops ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

It's pretty sad to think that a cast member could get in trouble with the park for doing something that made a guest's day feel magical, even in some tiny way. Isn't there a section in the employee manual that is specifically called, "Your job is to create happiness." ?

Comment

Yes, but there also seems to be a portion that says "Make happiness, but don't GIVE away the whole park!"

Sometimes going above and beyond can be a little outside the lines of what is actually allowed, and can cross into "You really should have known better" territory. Sometimes there are other responsibilities that may get ignored that could also impact the day of another Guest (or Guests as the case may be), and ultimately may lessen someone elses' experience.

Comment

A couple fun interactions I've had (two with Fantasmic! CMs):
                        F!GC1: Everyone keep to the right, and walk towards the big, scary house!
                        Me: Oh no! Not the big, scary house!
                        F!GC1: :lol:

_______

F!GC2: Everyone, please stay to your right. Your other right!
                        Me and my friends: :lol:
                        F!GC2: )

_______

(at Indy)
                        Me: Excuse me, but could I
                        IndyCM: Single Rider? Here you go.
                        Me: Woah!! Are you sure you shouldn't be working at the Haunted Mansion?
                        IndyCM: :lol:

_______

TikiRoomMaynard: Come in, folks! Come to the house with the shredded wheat roof!
                        Me and my friends: :lmao:

And, yeah... that's pretty much it, that I can remember.

Comment

I've had some awesome CM's
                          (last trip we met two...one worked in Star Trader)

but it does bring up an interesting point (and I understand not giving out names to avoid bashing or getting in trouble...I really do)
                          We've seen a few standard names that haven't been deleted.
                          Is it b/c they are know for their work and the park won't take action them?
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

When I went on my birthday, the two CMs who really made magic for me were the woman at PCH Grill who found my lost purse (nothing of value inside but my cell phone, but my cell phone contains all my brain some days), and the CM working Fantasmic! dessert seating, who got the whole crowd in the area to sing "Happy Birthday" to the three of us with birthday buttons. He also makes an awesome mocha, and informed us that if we moved our grapes, our tray would magically develop a cup holder!
                            Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                            : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

I had an experience once when waiting for the fireworks to start. A random CM, I believe she had blonde pigtails, walked up and asked us how we were. We were afraid she was going to kick us out of where we were sitting but she really just wanted to chat. She told us a bunch of Disney park trivia like how many rides there are vs attractions and the popcorn trash can story. It was a very surprising moment.

DLR/DCA: 9x 1999,2003,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012, 2014, 2015
                              WDW: 1x 2009
                              Tall Ship Sailor: ‚ÄčLady Washington 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X