This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Due to Winds in Higher Elevations..........Halloween Fireworks

Halloween Fireworks fall in one of the worst times to have fireworks. They fall under the Santa Ana wind season.
    The Santa Ana winds are strong, extremely dry offshore winds that characteristically sweep through in Southern California and northern Baja California in late fall into winter. They can range from hot to cold, depending on the prevailing temperatures in the source regions, the Great Basin and upper Mojave Desert. However, the winds are remembered most for the hot dry weather (often the hottest of the year) that they bring in the fall.
    from Wiki
    So do you think that it is a good idea to have fireworks during this season. We all know that Disneyland sits in residential area and this affects Disneyland Fireworks in a big way. If winds become to high,Fireworks are canceled. Due you think if Winds become hectic at times will this cause a negative backlash on Disneyland? Discuss! Just say I didn't worn you!
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Re: Due to Winds in Higher Elevations..........Halloween Fireworks

Umm...no. Halloween isn't a bad time at all to have Fireworks. Unlike Disneyland Paris, Fireworks are a Disneyland staple. If they are cancelled, they are cancelled. It is better to have Halloween fireworks sometime then to not have them at all.

Besides, it Wikipedia...

Comment

Well, they have fireworks all year long normally, but it's usually just on weekends during this time of year....

Things will happen. Oh well. The show must go on!
      WELCOME ABOARD
      THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
        Umm...no. Halloween isn't a bad time at all to have Fireworks. Unlike Disneyland Paris, Fireworks are a Disneyland staple. If they are cancelled, they are cancelled. It is better to have Halloween fireworks sometime then to not have them at all.

Besides, it Wikipedia...
        Well I lived in Southern California all my life. Winds get bad from Late September to early December. I remember recalling when I went to Disneyland in October of 07 4 Fridays that I went 3 Fireworks presentations were canceled. I was bumbed 07 was a windy windy year

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
          Well, they have fireworks all year long normally, but it's usually just on weekends during this time of year....

Things will happen. Oh well. The show must go on!
          According to the AP publication and Halloween Time Website they are going to present all during Halloween Time

Comment

A few weeks ago I went for Magical, and it didn't seem like it was really windy at all, but the announcement said due to high winds, there was a chance Magical could be canceled, but luckily it wasn't. So I can imagine there will be lots of fireworks cancellations during the windy season.

Comment

When I was there during the Holiday Season in 07 and 08, the fireworks always had a 50% chance of being cancelled. It was rare to have it stopped halfway.

Every weekend that I went during that time, I say that every 2nd Saturday had a show being cancelled or stopped halfway.

If this experience is of any indication, then Halloween Screams might have anywhere from a 30%-50% chance of being cancelled.

It really all boils down to the winds speed and direction.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
              Indy Ride Count: 2211
              World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                  Halloween Fireworks fall in one of the worst times to have fireworks. They fall under the Santa Ana wind season. from Wiki
                  So do you think that it is a good idea to have fireworks during this season. We all know that Disneyland sits in residential area and this affects Disneyland Fireworks in a big way. If winds become to high,Fireworks are canceled. Due you think if Winds become hectic at times will this cause a negative backlash on Disneyland? Discuss! Just say I didn't worn you!
                  I'm sure they do get quite a bit of backlash every time they have to cancel the fireworks. Espicially from people that traveled here from out of state or out of the country and don't really understand Southern California's unique weather. A proper disclaimer might help aliviate some backlash, something along the lines of due to wind, rain,etc, the nightly fireworks can be canceled at any time. But I think overall if people are going to complain then there is usually no stopping them. As for the Halloween fireworks, under normal conditions, which are getting harder and harder to predict the Santa Ana wind "season" shouldn't really get going until mid November (not saying we never have Santa Ana winds earier than November, just that under so called normal climate patterns they shouldn't really start until then).

Comment

Yes there are probably going to be numerous cancellations. But that is to be expected just as it's expected to have cancellations due to rain elsewhere in parks.

Comment

yeah, it's a bad idea to have a special halloween fireworks show. It's October, the winter season is coming in, change of weather, ect. I think there will be lots of cancellations for this special show, about as much, or as more cancellations as there are for the christmas show. I say bad time of year to create something "special". I would leave everything as is. Heck, might as well make a "special" thanksgiving firework show

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                        According to the AP publication and Halloween Time Website they are going to present all during Halloween Time
                        My point was that they've always had them this time of year, so what's the point of stopping it now...
                        WELCOME ABOARD
                        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

My point was that they've always had them this time of year, so what's the point of stopping it now...
                          Im not saying stop the show but im thinking of the people who don't visit Disneyland. Letsw just hope and see. High Wind Warning has now been put into effect til Thursday 12 am by NWS in LA OC RIV SB SD Counties
                          I did see that Al Lutz put this on Mice Age
                          Editor's Note 9/22: After Disneyland closes and is cleared of visitors tonight they'll perform a full dress rehearsal of the new "Halloween Screams" fireworks. If you're watching from outside the park you'll see the pyro for the 12 minute show, but you won't be able to catch Zero the ghost dog flying on Tinker Bell's wires or the huge inflatable Jack Skellington towering over the Castle until the show premieres Friday night. - Al Lutz

I wonder if the Winds start hollowing the practice run might be pushed back
                          -
                          Last edited by hurricanefreak; 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I dont see why not to add the show and why disney would get grieve for it. They cancel it for safety so it should be understandable. Halloween time is very celebrated at every park and it seems that disney does not do enough so i really like the add of the fireworks and cant wait to see them when i go.
                            "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

Well my hopes aren't too high for a run-through tonight.......trash cans are flying outside my window.

Comment

As far as I remember, they had RDCT playing in the fall anyway. I'm sure there will be a lot of cancellations, just like there are in the fall/winter seasons every year!

Comment

If anything, I just hope Zero won't end up with Dumbo's fate: any sign of wind and he doesn't appear in the show.
                                  I lurk.

Comment

Fireworks in the fall, winter, and spring is relatively recent. They used to only have fireworks in the summer. And in my opinion that was better because it made the summer nights more magical or special than normal.

That being stated I am looking forward to seeing this new show and Zero. I'm hoping winds don't effect Zero's appearance though.

Comment

Update I have just checked National Weather Service (NWS) A Red Flag Warning is in effect. Ventura County is asking for Resources for the Fillmore Fire. I am 85 percent sure that tonight's practice dress rehearsal will be canceled due to surrounding conditions and events. The Fire Marshall has the last word so his concern will be surrounding residential area. With the current conditions I really doubt it we will see anything at all, we are currently in a Santa Ana Wind Effect. But if Winds dont present themeselves then there might be a practice run.

Comment

Here is the latest forecast for Anaheim from weather.com for 9pm and 10pm tonight (I would expect it around this time)

9 pm

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X