This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Honorary Citizen Button?

I always see people wearing the AWESOME "Honorary Citizen" buttons at Disneyland and DCA. How do they get those? I remember finding a button inside Off the Page and I was trying to return it to a CM..and he just said for me to keep it and said I earned it for trying to give it back..he also said a neat little speech honoring me..but how does TRULY get one?

Re: Honorary Citizen Button?

I got one because a CM on Main Street liked my Wicked shirt. I think the buttons are given out randomly but i'm not entirely sure..
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

You can ask City Hall for one. It is 1 of many different buttons out there.
      Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Basically if a CM likes something about you or you have a nice discussion, they will give you a pin, I think there neat and received one a year ago for being a Lego Land employee lol.

Comment

Just go to City Hall and ask for one
          My Youtube with weekly Disneyland videos!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/SparkyNads

Comment

Ohhh I see... It'll be pretty cool if I carry on a conversation with a CM and walk away with a neat button..

Comment

I find it a shame you can just ask for one. The term "honorary citizen" sounds like something that needs to be earned/rewarded and not just asked for haha

Comment

I love my button. City hall is the place to go.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Ask any CMs you see. They are most likely have an extra button lying around somwhere and be happy to get one for you.

My friend got one when she suggested about bringing out bunnies and rabbits for Easter.

Comment

I remember getting one the very first day I got my pass last year. The lady at the AP Processing Center really liked my last name and we had a great conversation with her. I'm still waiting to get the new shiny blue and gold Honorary Citizen button!

Comment

This really nice man outside of the BBQ area gave my family buttons and me a tinkerbell pin because I was wearing the birthday pin. We passed him by twice and talked to him both times and he gave it to us the second time. Poor guy was bored out there all on his own.
                      Shopping:
                      1. www.disneystore.com
                      2. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]
                      3. Convert Best Buy CC points into Disney Gift Cards
                      4. Convert Disney CC points into Disneyland Tickets

Comment

city hall and sometimes they have different buttons at the cash register at stores

Comment

My son got one last year because a CM saw him pick up a plastic bottle and take it over to the recycle can. He was congratulated on being a good citizen and helping to keep Disneyland clean, and recycling too. He was very proud of himself. I sort of assumed they kept them for things like that, not handed them out to anyone who asked. :-(

Comment

Oh I LOVE this buttons! I know I don't just hand them out! If they ask I ask them a trivia question about the park and if they get it right they earned one! I also LOVE making magical moments with these! I gave one to a guest who bought a Green(as in enviromental) disney shirt and refusing a bag! YAY for these buttons!!

Comment

I enjoy wearing my the honorary citizen button because I earned it, rather than ask for it.

Comment

I always carry 2 in my pocket to give to anyone who does something nice like pick up trash or return a lost item, or perhaps to save my butt if I potentially make a guest angry (which has never happened, *crosses fingers*).

Personally, I think it should be earned (that's kinda the purpose of it) and not given to guests who ask for it.

Comment

I got one from the city hall and the lady gave me a lil quiz fortunately i was able to answer so i got 1, but then that same day i lost it. I thought to myself maybe asking it from the city hall is a form of cheating coz it says "Honorary Citizen" so u gotta earn it.

Now, i have one and i earned it this time by proving to the lady in the Disneyland Bank that my bday is not a Blocked Out date :thumbup:
                                  Last edited by kaykay07; 09-22-2009, 11:16 AM.
                                  There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!
                                  :thumbup:

Comment

Last time I went to California Adventure I got a pin in the store right at the entrance. We got talking to a CM right where you can build your own Potato Head. He let us build our own and they were put on display in the store. After that, he gave us each one of those pins. Really random, but pretty neat nonetheless.
                                    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

My son lost a tooth at Disneyland, and when he told a CM about it, she made quite a big deal about it, making him an Honorary Citizen! She gave him and my other 2 kids pins, and told him that losing a tooth at the happiest place on earth entitled him to a special trip around the park. She then took us up to the Main Street station, and put us aboard the Lilly Belle!. 2 years later, he still has the button, and tells his friends the story. I always thought they were for "something special", not just for asking.

Comment

I usually hand some out when I see a bummed out kid, or if I'm talking to a guest who is just absolutely friendly. Honorary Citizen and I'm Celebrating are my absolute favorite buttons to hand out for "just because". Plus I love the colors on the I'm Celebrating button, so I like seeing it on people.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X