This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Muppet Whatnot Workshop!

I was reading an article on another site about a Muppet Whatnot Workshop.
    They said that it will be arriving at DLR and WDW, but they didn't specify when.
    A Muppet Whatnot Workshop is basically a place sort of like a Build-A-Bear Workshop, but you get to make your own MUPPET from scratch! Heads, arms, torsos, clothes and a stick or two to control the arms just like a real Muppet!
    I'm very excited for this concept and if it all pans out and becomes a reality, I'll be one of the "eager beavers" for one.
    Let's hope this comes through soon!

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop - Muppet Wiki - Muppets, Sesame Street, Henson

Re: Muppet Whatnot Workshop!

Sounds intersting. Put probably very expensive.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

It's not a rumor... This is definitely true. I attended the Muppets Showcase at d23 and they confirmed that the DLR and WDW are going to be getting a Whatnot Workshop. I'm totally excited for this!

Comment

It is expensive, but people still buy them because they're so cool!

Comment

Anyone have a clue where it will go? I imagine it will be near MuppetVision in both parks, but the only space I can think of near MuppetVision in DCA is Gone Hollywood, unless they've finally decided to utilize a portion of the old Millionaire building for it.

Oh, and I'm totally getting one when I get the money. Who wouldn't want their own Muppet?

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
            Anyone have a clue where it will go? I imagine it will be near MuppetVision in both parks, but the only space I can think of near MuppetVision in DCA is Gone Hollywood, unless they've finally decided to utilize a portion of the old Millionaire building for it.

Oh, and I'm totally getting one when I get the money. Who wouldn't want their own Muppet?
            During the presentation, they showed a picture of Disneyland's Emporium, and WDW's DTD as the locations. I really hope that it doesn't go in the Emporium... Putting the Whatnot Workshop outside or near Muppet Vision 3-D would work a lot better.

Comment

The Emporium?

Seriously?

Wow. Even Downtown Disney would make a better fit here... plus, we have storefronts that could use filling here too.

I sure hope that was an aborted concept or something... it should be near MuppetVision. Even weirder.. Walt Disney World has the ROOM to put one near MuppetVision, with their big Muppet Stuff store.

Comment

Plus, the Emporium really doesn't have the room for more things inside that store, unless of course they decide to downsize the amount of merchandise. DTD would work a lot better also.

Comment

omg, everyone in socal is gonna have their own muppet now!

Hmm, I was looking for a general price on these things in that link, but then I saw that it was started in FAO Schwartz.......psshh, fugheddabouditt! I'm guessing they'll be somewhere around $80-$100 a pop.

Comment

I think a nice little Muppet shop in Downtown Disney would be nice. It would fill in one of those empty spots. It could sell not only the custom muppets, but other muppets merch (exs. plush, cds, videos, books).

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
                      omg, everyone in socal is gonna have their own muppet now!

Hmm, I was looking for a general price on these things in that link, but then I saw that it was started in FAO Schwartz.......psshh, fugheddabouditt! I'm guessing they'll be somewhere around $80-$100 a pop.
                      FAO Schwartz is cheaper than Toys "R" Us these days. It no longer charges outrageous markups like it used to. Stuff is sold at retail.

The Muppets in the New York store cost about $90-$120, IIRC. Not much more than an American Girl Doll.

Comment

They really don't need a lot of room for this to work. In the NY FAO Schwarz, the space that the Workshop occupies is probably equal to a McDonald's cashier area.

The price point BTW was around $100-$150.
                        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Originally posted by MAH4546 View Post
                          FAO Schwartz is cheaper than Toys "R" Us these days. It no longer charges outrageous markups like it used to. Stuff is sold at retail.

The Muppets in the New York store cost about $90-$120, IIRC. Not much more than an American Girl Doll.
                          FAO Schwartz is less expensive now because they were recently sold to Toys "R" Us.

Anyway I think this store would go best near Muppet Vision. Not only does it make sense thematically, there is a lot more room there.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                            FAO Schwartz is less expensive now because they were recently sold to Toys "R" Us.

Anyway I think this store would go best near Muppet Vision. Not only does it make sense thematically, there is a lot more room there.

Agreed. Remember the ruckus that was caused when Muppet Vision was to go into the Opera House? The argument was that muppets don't belong on Main Street.

And yah, it only makes sense to have more Muppets in Hollywood area because, afterall... the Muppet Show (and Muppets Tonight and the movies) were all about the Muppets making movies. You don't get more hollywood than that!

And what are whatnots anyway? They're muppet "extras". And they also confirmed that the disney workshops will also feature MONSTERS. Make your own muppet monster!

They're going to need a slightly larger location I think, and they should also just have more props and fun stuff to display as well. It can be an ultimate muppet fan destination!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

No, FAO was only acquired by Toys R Us this year. When the brand re-launched in 2004, it became significantly less expensive to shop there as they decided to charge retail for toys, rather than mark-up.

Regardless, the fact is that FAO is no longer the expensive store it used to be. Ironically, its cheaper to shop there than Toys R Us. Toys R Us marks up on retail these days.

Comment

I hope there is a AP discount:beg:!(I am an SoCal APer)
                                sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
                                  Sounds intersting. Put probably very expensive.
                                  Buying something at Disney EXPENSIVE? Who would have thought?
                                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                                    I hope there is a AP discount:beg:!(I am an SoCal APer)
                                    Most likely, but it's probably only going to apply to Premium Passholders.

Comment

Are they actually going to be puppets or just little stuffed animals?
                                      Because I would love to have a half-pig half-frog child of Kermit and Miss Piggy puppet...

Comment

From what I've seen of the build-your-own Muppet thing, it's a pretty limited selection of parts. Yeah it's cool, yeah I'd probably buy one anyway, but I'd like to see a lot more choices.

Ideally, one should be able to Muppetize themself. That would be worth the money easily. As it is, you make your own Muppet, but it ends up being pretty generic, from what I can see.
                                        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X