Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop" Photo Update for Ocotober 10th!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop" Photo Update for Ocotober 10th!!!

Hello friends!
    You are welcome to join me in my weekly stroll around the park! Come on along!

click here:
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/dadd..._10_Update.htm

a couple teaser pics:

---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Re: DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop" Photo Update for Ocotober 10th!!!

Once again, a beautiful photo collection! Thank you!

Comment

Thanks again!
      Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I enjoyed all of the pictures....but kept the night time scene of the entrance for myself. Thanks ever so much!

Comment

I really didn't know whether to include that as a desktop or not. thanks for letting me know it's one you chose. The entrance hasn't changed at all (that I could tell) and it'd seem that there are already pictures around of that entrance.

But what the hay, it's only bandwidth not used if no one wants it, I figured.

I've got several more typical shots of the grounds that pretty closely resemble pictures I took last year (with my old camera)... what do you guys think... do you want to see them in my next update?

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Thanks for the pics DaddyB. Once again, excellent job! I chose to go with the Fab Five this week.

Comment

Great job on this update as usual. Everything about your photos from composition to creativity is excellent.

Obviously, you do a great job with the camera you have. However, if you ever had to move to a new camera, I would highly suggest a SLR camera. However, some people prefer not to transition to SLR. Anyways, just a random comment, you do great with the camera you have.

I know you don't do requests, but if you ever had a chance, I'd love to see some shots of the Indiana Jones interior or exterior at night. For now, I grabbed your Rivers of America desktop with HMH in the background.
              "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

Always amazing, always a fan of your updates, daddyb.

Comment

I always love your night shots
                  sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                  A Photographed Life
                  12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Originally posted by TomorrowlandTourist
                    However, if you ever had to move to a new camera, I would highly suggest a SLR camera. However, some people prefer not to transition to SLR.
                    There are several reasons why I did not purchase a digital SLR camera.

First, digital SLR's cannot take video, and it's important to me to have that option for those times that something is going on and I just don't have my video camera with me (which I rarely do).

Second, Digital SLR's do not have LCD screens that flip outwards. They are all solid against the body. I take many shots at odd angles. For instance, way down low against the ground. This gives a unique perspective and accentuates the wide angle of my lens. Without a flip out screen, this would be very difficult. Shooting over a crowds heads is simple with a screen that flips down... almost impossible (and depends a lot on luck) with an SLR.

Third, while many digital slr cameras today are being intorduced under $1000, a really good wide angle lens that would be the equivilent to what is on my point and shoot (with the wide angle adapter from Olympus) would literally cost well over $1000 for the lens itself. I bought the whole camera set up for much less than that.

Fourth, my camera is 8 megapixel. Most digital SLRs in the $1000 price range are less. I depend on the 8 megapixel for a certain amount of flexibility in the digital darkroom (aka Photoshop).

While I lust, and I mean seriously lust after the low aperture settings and high ISO's (film speed equivilents) of Digital SLR's, it just wasn't worth the trade off. If I made any real money off my hobby, I'd probably go for it and buy a smaller digital video camera to keep in my bag at all times as well... but it does not. You like my night shots now? I can't imagine what I'd be doing with a Nikon D70s in my camera bag along with my wonderful 8080.

Comment

Like the ... Peter Pan.
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Me too. He is the cutest Peter Pan in ages. I wish you could have gotten a picture of him by himself. But thanks for an incredbile update and maybe next time? What day do you usually go to Disneyland?
                        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I usually go on Wednesdays after work. It only gives me a few hours in the off season, but those night shots make it worth it!

Anyone want to show up with a camera and hang out, I'd be willing. ...even without a camera is fine, but Wednesdays isn't about rides for me, it's about scouting new stuff and artsy-fartsy fotos. The rides sometimes happen, but not the main intent. But company is always nice!

Comment

Drat! I was hoping for any day but Wednesday as that is the only day I now work at a job. Every other day is free time now. Oh well. I will hope to see that new Peter Pan out and about some day when I go.
                            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

The flag is back in frontierland Daddyb!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X