This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] History of Disneyland Music CDs

I just received a collection of Disney CDs that comes in this nice case as a gift. It also has this nice book that is sort of a history of music at the park. A great collection.

While listening to one of the CDs, I came across a track dedicated to Adventure Through Inner Space.

They need to bring that back! In a new and updated incarnation it would be amazing. What a great, creative attraction that was.

I know this idea has been debated multiple times on these boards, but that was a really interesting attraction. Hearing the soundtrack from it was very cool. So dramatic, and even educational.

Mission to Mars, America the Beautiful, Sings, Bear Band, and Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland are other tracks on the CD, among many. So cool to hear some of those retro attractions in their entirety.

Re: History of Disneyland Music CDs

The Musical History of Disneyland, if that's the set you got, is a fantastic set.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Wow...nice set. I remember that ride, but not very well. It seemed a wee bit boring to me, but it could be updated nicely. But that would require you know...imagination and time and money. Disney is stingy with those now.

Comment

Love this set!

I've been listening to it more the last few days, and the it's a small world track is enough to make you appreciate that song for the first time.

Comment

I have some of the mp3s, but now I'm obsessing and want the whole thing!

Well...maybe Santa Claus will remember me this year.

Comment

Adventure thru Inner Space was an awesome ride and, in my opinion, far superior to Star Tours which occupies the same space... I would move Star Tours over to Hollywood Backlot and put ATIS back in its prime location. ATIS is my 2nd favorite attraction of all time (1st being the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, of course). And the Mine Train was far superior to Big Thunder which now occupies part of its real estate. The decisions to close those two, along with the decisions to end the PeopleMover, Skyway and Carousel of Progress, are the worst decisions ever made by park management.

Comment

That is by far the best set they've had when it comes to Theme park music. I might need to replace my rather worn out set from constant use!

Comment

^Mine is rather worn out too... I'm sure a new Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary CD will do the trick.

EDIT: 1000th post! Woohoo!

Comment

That set is amazing!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :oD

Actually, that set inspired me to build a Disneyland Audio Library of much of the audio heard in Disneyland and DCA both past and present. I'm up to 260 tracks in the library now, including that awesome 6-CD set.

Comment

Oooo...

That is what I would love to have.

I am envious.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
                      That set is amazing!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :oD

Actually, that set inspired me to build a Disneyland Audio Library of much of the audio heard in Disneyland and DCA both past and present. I'm up to 260 tracks in the library now, including that awesome 6-CD set.
                      It inspired me as well, but I have filled an entire external hard drive with audio. You wouldn't believe how many versions of the same thing I have in that library, and how many obscure tracks are in there.

Comment

I sooooo need this set
                        I am Scary Scott,
                        Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                        I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                        Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                        Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                        Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                        Originally posted by Karalora
                        This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                        Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                        Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                          The Musical History of Disneyland, if that's the set you got, is a fantastic set.
                          Yes it is
                          bought it when it first came out

My new favorite collection is the 999 limited release of the HM CD/vinyl
                          w/ the book (reproduced)
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                            It inspired me as well, but I have filled an entire external hard drive with audio. You wouldn't believe how many versions of the same thing I have in that library, and how many obscure tracks are in there.
                            Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd LOVE to have that many. That would be amazing!

Comment

I love this collection as well!! but I won't lie, I do find myself skipping some of the tracks. I forget which ones exactly...
                              -plagued

Comment

I love this cd set! I listen to one of the discs at least once a day. I made myself a copy of each disc to use in my car as I don't want to damage the originals inserting or removing them from my car cd player. One problem I have with this set is that during selected audio portions of Inner Space, and Carousel of Progress (some other older ones but I can't remember which) is there is a VERY high pitched tone accompanying certain vocal tracks. It is almost like a dog whistle that just about nobody (but ME) seems to be able to hear. My dear old mother (66 years old) was able to discern it immedietly. It really bothers me and I don't think the person who mixed the audio (it might be an unintentional result of the audio enhancement process) heard it. It is especially noticable when the "daughter" speaks on Carousel. Sometimes the wife too. It is not there EVERY time they speak, but more often than not the background tone is obvious enough that it hurts my ears when I am listening at a higher volume. The sound is not necessarily loud, just piercing. I have never heard anyone else mention this but when I listened to my friends' discs, it was there too. I pointed out my problem with these recordings and he now says he hears it every time. I have one of the cd's they used to make on Main Street of Carousel and the sound is nowhere to be heard. That's why I think the mixing was done by people who were unable to hear this high tone. Some think I'm hearing things while others have said it makes their heads hurt. Anyone else hear this...?
                                One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Comment

^The Producer of the set, Randy Thornton, addressed that issue on a Magic Music Forums thread. (See the paragraph that begins "The Mouth Tone..." - in short, the high pitched noise is a signal from the original tape controlling the audio-animatronic's mouth movements)

The World's Fair Set and More - Magic Music Forums - Page 3

Comment

I love that set! I'm listening to it at work right now! I like to listen to it when I'm doing home work alot of the time
                                    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

Comment

Musical History of Disneyland!!!! Absolutely the best set for music of Disneyland, hands down!

I got my set when my family and I went for the 50th. I love it because it's pretty much the entire ride-through audio of each ride.

I also liked the 2disc set that was sold all over the park in 2006-7 (?) called Remember the Moments because it featured all the new space mountain music including the music played right when the ride starts. Musical History only featured a shortened 2005 version because they also added the older SM track.

Anyways, if you were interested I guess you can still buy the 6-disc set on amazon for $99.

Comment

I love that set too. I AM a little bummed that the People Mover track is not the People Mover music that I remember (Some of which can still be heard in the Autopia line) I use it a lot for my Kingdom Comedy videos

Does anyone else remember those kiosks they used to have on Main Street where you could pick 10 tracks from different parts of the park and make your own CD? I did that twice. those are still some of my faves. I wish they still had that

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X