X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: History of Disneyland Music CDs

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    I love that set too. I AM a little bummed that the People Mover track is not the People Mover music that I remember (Some of which can still be heard in the Autopia line) I use it a lot for my Kingdom Comedy videos

Does anyone else remember those kiosks they used to have on Main Street where you could pick 10 tracks from different parts of the park and make your own CD? I did that twice. those are still some of my faves. I wish they still had that
    Yes, miss those
    Always though they'd be there so I didn't take advantage of them
    wish I would have.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

That is definitely the set I have, and I do love it. Having the entire tracks for so many of the attractions, present and past, is so cool. Brings back such memories.
      And while I tend to be somewhat the purist with a retro-mindset, I do like the Haunted Mansion Holiday soundtrack too, as well as the Christmas overlay for World.
      ATIS still gets me though! I know it was a simplistic attraction when it came to sets and such, but the track is so mesmerizing it really created a surreal experience. It just enveloped you. Even after the attraction had become outdated (IMO).
      And I have to admit that while Star Tours was a creative, more modern attraction when it was built, I just haven't ridden it all that much.
      Conversely I rode ATIS quite often, even well after it had started to enter the realm of the "outdated."
      I just see Star Tours as a more passive attraction that certainly has its perks, but that's about it for me. I'm sort of over it now.
      In Tomorrowland I always appreciated the educational aspects of attractions like Mars and ATIS.
      Attractions like ST and Buzz Lightyear just don't do it for me as much.
      I know Buzz isn't exactly passive, but there's nothing educational about it, so it lacks something for me.
      I know this isn't a "What Would Walt Think" thread, and that asking that question is a highly speculative theme anyway for these boards, but I do think he would have totally appreciated what ATIS and Mars embodied. Such good fits for Tomorrowland in the educational realm.
      In the meantime, I'm loving listening to these CDs!

Comment

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
        I love that set too. I AM a little bummed that the People Mover track is not the People Mover music that I remember (Some of which can still be heard in the Autopia line) I use it a lot for my Kingdom Comedy videos

Does anyone else remember those kiosks they used to have on Main Street where you could pick 10 tracks from different parts of the park and make your own CD? I did that twice. those are still some of my faves. I wish they still had that
        I remember hearing about those kiosks but I never actually got to see one. When I asked the lady at the music shop on Main Street about them she looked at me like I was crazy and told me she had never heard of them before :P

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X