• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cadematthews13
    replied
    Re: History of Disneyland Music CDs

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    I love that set too. I AM a little bummed that the People Mover track is not the People Mover music that I remember (Some of which can still be heard in the Autopia line) I use it a lot for my Kingdom Comedy videos

Does anyone else remember those kiosks they used to have on Main Street where you could pick 10 tracks from different parts of the park and make your own CD? I did that twice. those are still some of my faves. I wish they still had that
    I remember hearing about those kiosks but I never actually got to see one. When I asked the lady at the music shop on Main Street about them she looked at me like I was crazy and told me she had never heard of them before :P

Leave a comment:

• CASurfer65
    replied

That is definitely the set I have, and I do love it. Having the entire tracks for so many of the attractions, present and past, is so cool. Brings back such memories.
    And while I tend to be somewhat the purist with a retro-mindset, I do like the Haunted Mansion Holiday soundtrack too, as well as the Christmas overlay for World.
    ATIS still gets me though! I know it was a simplistic attraction when it came to sets and such, but the track is so mesmerizing it really created a surreal experience. It just enveloped you. Even after the attraction had become outdated (IMO).
    And I have to admit that while Star Tours was a creative, more modern attraction when it was built, I just haven't ridden it all that much.
    Conversely I rode ATIS quite often, even well after it had started to enter the realm of the "outdated."
    I just see Star Tours as a more passive attraction that certainly has its perks, but that's about it for me. I'm sort of over it now.
    In Tomorrowland I always appreciated the educational aspects of attractions like Mars and ATIS.
    Attractions like ST and Buzz Lightyear just don't do it for me as much.
    I know Buzz isn't exactly passive, but there's nothing educational about it, so it lacks something for me.
    I know this isn't a "What Would Walt Think" thread, and that asking that question is a highly speculative theme anyway for these boards, but I do think he would have totally appreciated what ATIS and Mars embodied. Such good fits for Tomorrowland in the educational realm.
    In the meantime, I'm loving listening to these CDs!

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    I love that set too. I AM a little bummed that the People Mover track is not the People Mover music that I remember (Some of which can still be heard in the Autopia line) I use it a lot for my Kingdom Comedy videos

Does anyone else remember those kiosks they used to have on Main Street where you could pick 10 tracks from different parts of the park and make your own CD? I did that twice. those are still some of my faves. I wish they still had that
    Yes, miss those
    Always though they'd be there so I didn't take advantage of them
    wish I would have.

Leave a comment:

• timbabbcomedian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cadematthews13
    replied

Musical History of Disneyland!!!! Absolutely the best set for music of Disneyland, hands down!

I got my set when my family and I went for the 50th. I love it because it's pretty much the entire ride-through audio of each ride.

I also liked the 2disc set that was sold all over the park in 2006-7 (?) called Remember the Moments because it featured all the new space mountain music including the music played right when the ride starts. Musical History only featured a shortened 2005 version because they also added the older SM track.

Anyways, if you were interested I guess you can still buy the 6-disc set on amazon for $99.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dude
    replied

I love that set! I'm listening to it at work right now! I like to listen to it when I'm doing home work alot of the time

Leave a comment:

• Jestyr
    replied

^The Producer of the set, Randy Thornton, addressed that issue on a Magic Music Forums thread. (See the paragraph that begins "The Mouth Tone..." - in short, the high pitched noise is a signal from the original tape controlling the audio-animatronic's mouth movements)

The World's Fair Set and More - Magic Music Forums - Page 3

Leave a comment:

• Crazee4mm
    replied

I love this cd set! I listen to one of the discs at least once a day. I made myself a copy of each disc to use in my car as I don't want to damage the originals inserting or removing them from my car cd player. One problem I have with this set is that during selected audio portions of Inner Space, and Carousel of Progress (some other older ones but I can't remember which) is there is a VERY high pitched tone accompanying certain vocal tracks. It is almost like a dog whistle that just about nobody (but ME) seems to be able to hear. My dear old mother (66 years old) was able to discern it immedietly. It really bothers me and I don't think the person who mixed the audio (it might be an unintentional result of the audio enhancement process) heard it. It is especially noticable when the "daughter" speaks on Carousel. Sometimes the wife too. It is not there EVERY time they speak, but more often than not the background tone is obvious enough that it hurts my ears when I am listening at a higher volume. The sound is not necessarily loud, just piercing. I have never heard anyone else mention this but when I listened to my friends' discs, it was there too. I pointed out my problem with these recordings and he now says he hears it every time. I have one of the cd's they used to make on Main Street of Carousel and the sound is nowhere to be heard. That's why I think the mixing was done by people who were unable to hear this high tone. Some think I'm hearing things while others have said it makes their heads hurt. Anyone else hear this...?

Leave a comment:

• plagued
    replied

I love this collection as well!! but I won't lie, I do find myself skipping some of the tracks. I forget which ones exactly...

Leave a comment:

• SeaWolf38
    replied

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
    It inspired me as well, but I have filled an entire external hard drive with audio. You wouldn't believe how many versions of the same thing I have in that library, and how many obscure tracks are in there.
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd LOVE to have that many. That would be amazing!

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    The Musical History of Disneyland, if that's the set you got, is a fantastic set.
    Yes it is
    bought it when it first came out

My new favorite collection is the 999 limited release of the HM CD/vinyl
    w/ the book (reproduced)

Leave a comment:

• Scary Scott
    replied

I sooooo need this set

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    That set is amazing!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :oD

Actually, that set inspired me to build a Disneyland Audio Library of much of the audio heard in Disneyland and DCA both past and present. I'm up to 260 tracks in the library now, including that awesome 6-CD set.
    It inspired me as well, but I have filled an entire external hard drive with audio. You wouldn't believe how many versions of the same thing I have in that library, and how many obscure tracks are in there.

Leave a comment:

• RocknGuitar
    replied

Oooo...

That is what I would love to have.

I am envious.

Leave a comment:

• SeaWolf38
    replied

That set is amazing!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :oD

Actually, that set inspired me to build a Disneyland Audio Library of much of the audio heard in Disneyland and DCA both past and present. I'm up to 260 tracks in the library now, including that awesome 6-CD set.

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

^Mine is rather worn out too... I'm sure a new Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary CD will do the trick.

EDIT: 1000th post! Woohoo!

Leave a comment:

• Nautilus
    replied

That is by far the best set they've had when it comes to Theme park music. I might need to replace my rather worn out set from constant use!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Weaver
    replied

Adventure thru Inner Space was an awesome ride and, in my opinion, far superior to Star Tours which occupies the same space... I would move Star Tours over to Hollywood Backlot and put ATIS back in its prime location. ATIS is my 2nd favorite attraction of all time (1st being the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, of course). And the Mine Train was far superior to Big Thunder which now occupies part of its real estate. The decisions to close those two, along with the decisions to end the PeopleMover, Skyway and Carousel of Progress, are the worst decisions ever made by park management.

Leave a comment:

• SnorkletsMom
    replied

I have some of the mp3s, but now I'm obsessing and want the whole thing!

Well...maybe Santa Claus will remember me this year.

Leave a comment:

• WDITrent
    replied

Love this set!

I've been listening to it more the last few days, and the it's a small world track is enough to make you appreciate that song for the first time.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X