This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the wire

Well with Zero up for launch and the wonderful spectacle of good ol' Tink more mobile, I sure enjoyed Dumbo. What other disney "frequent flyers" do you think we can expect/would you like to see on the new wire technology during the fireworks show.
    -my dad and I were thinking like Mary Poppins. fun discussion!

Re: On the wire

Peter Pan and those characters flying would be pretty cool. Thats all I can think of right now.

Comment

they needa use real animals
      dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

Mary Poppins might look odd because she'd be the size of a fairy someone on another thread suggested Peter Pan, but that would be odd, too, because they'd be the same size as Tink.

Comment

How about Santa's sleigh, around Christmas time?

Actually, I've noticed that they have Elliott, from Pete's Dragon, flying around up there, a lot. Of course, he's invisible, but if you listen rrreeeaaalllyyy hard, you can hear his sputtering and muttering up there.
          Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Santa and his sleigh during Believe in holiday magic.

But really no more flying people, because it starting to lose it's magic.

*edit* beat me to it, BiggestDisneyFan. Darn my slow computer!
            Have you PLay'ed today?

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
              Mary Poppins might look odd because she'd be the size of a fairy someone on another thread suggested Peter Pan, but that would be odd, too, because they'd be the same size as Tink.
              But that did not stop Dumbo from soarin'.
              He's ten times the size of Tinkerbell.

And besides, it's not as if both Peter Pan and Tinkerbell would be flying
              simultaneously together.

Comment

Originally posted by natedoggdeluxe View Post
                Well with Zero up for launch and the wonderful spectacle of good ol' Tink more mobile, I sure enjoyed Dumbo. What other disney "frequent flyers" do you think we can expect/would you like to see on the new wire technology during the fireworks show.
                -my dad and I were thinking like Mary Poppins. fun discussion!
                First of all, Welcome To MC!

I like your idea and hope it's just the beginning of more to come.
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

But that did not stop Dumbo from soarin'.
                  He's ten times the size of Tinkerbell.

And besides, it's not as if both Peter Pan and Tinkerbell would be flying
                  simultaneously together.
                  It didn't stop him because he's so big. What I mean, is, if they have Peter Pan as a person flying, it might look a little odd if they did it like Magical, where Tink comes out a few minutes before or after Peter Pan. If they did it like a shell or puppet like Dumbo, it might look odd, even from far away. The movements just might be odd looking.

Comment

I want to see Tink fly first, then Peter Pan, followed by Wendy, then John, and lastly, Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
                      How about Santa's sleigh, around Christmas time?

Actually, I've noticed that they have Elliott, from Pete's Dragon, flying around up there, a lot. Of course, he's invisible, but if you listen rrreeeaaalllyyy hard, you can hear his sputtering and muttering up there.

AWW, I love Elliot's sputtering and muttering- he is adorable!

Comment

I might sound like a prude, but Tink's the only one who should be up there. Any other characters awkwardly floating around only take away the "OOO!" from Tink's presence.

Comment

If Omar could get up there he'd take care of all y'all. Indeed.

What? This isn't about The Wire? My bad.

Comment

Peter Pan Pirate ship (hooks ship?) in the clouds was quite magical at the end of the film.......?

Comment

Thank you very much for the welcome : ) it is an honor to be an active part ; ) found my self in a sea of yesterland.com nostalgia and found a link to the best Disney fan community. how awsome is it to have these discussions and insight.

Comment

How would Mary Poppins look during the day? Could she land in Fantasyland for that show?
                                DJ JARVICIOUS
                                Salt Lake City, UT
                                Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
                                www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
                                www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
                                Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

^ too many wires :/ when she came down, she'd have to be unhooked, which will ruin the magic. Perhaps, she could land in a place where you couldnt see her, like on a roof in Fantasyland, and then soon have someone come out through a door on the ground nearby(this would be another person, since it would take too long to unhook the wiring and go downstairs for the effect) for a meet-and-greet or something. But even then, they'd have to add stuff to the wires to lower her down, unless they opened up the Fantasyland Skyway station to do a meet and greet there and just leave the wires on her, but first she'd fly over fantasyland so everyone across that area would know it was time for the meet-and-greet

Comment

Scuttle!!!!

one hundred and one

Comment

Hmm! Interesting thought. I'll have to see exactly where the wires from the Matterhorn to the old Crash Tower cross over Fantasyland on each side, and what roof stairs options are available...

{Mr. Datameister, Please call the Disneyland Operator. Mr. Data Meister, Please call the Disneyland Operator. Thank you.} (*)

A Fly-in arrival by either Mary Poppins or Peter Pan would work, but due to all the costs they couldn't do it every day, special events and filmed appearances only - they need two or three Techs to run the flight system safely. And they would have to come up from the tower, since having the Matterhorn doors open and Mary or Peter fly out would be much more obvious. Nobody notices the tower.

(But they WILL notice the flight trolley in the daytime, it is kind of big. Let's hope 'Suspension of Disbelief' masks that...)

And like Disney Princess says, getting the wires disconnected would have to be hidden from the kiddies. The only practical way is to land on the roof (in a nice safe Landing Zone where a kid can't run up and get landed on...) and then get disconnected from the flight wires (away from the edge of the roof, and screened from view) and come downstairs.

Having a body double (one of the regular Face Characters) already unhooked and at the downstairs door to do the quick switch would make it much faster and easier, but also increase costs yet again...

But it would simplify making a flight rig body harness that is not detectable under the costume - Mary Poppins could explain the harness away as 'a corset', but on a rail-thin Peter Pan with the tight shirt you couldn't miss it up close.

Yes. This has possibilities...

--<< Bruce >>--

(*) - (PS: How many of you are old enough to remember people getting an All-Call page in the park? It's been decades since they've done it.)
                                      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I think Genie would be cool or how about Hercules taking a ride on Pegasus.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X