Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you most enjoy about Disneyland at Christmas?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h2opolodad
    replied
    Re: What do you most enjoy about Disneyland at Christmas?

The Christmas carolers! There is a group that goes around singing a capella, and they are just terrific. They take requests, and will make up songs about kids using the child's name if they are not too busy. The add that certain Disney touch that just makes the holiday season perfect!

Leave a comment:

• dl_appurtenant
    replied

Fireworks! Beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
    I have not been to the Christmas overlay in years and years. What kind of food is there during the holidays?

mmmm....
    the hot chocolate, the cookies
    and my favorite, the peppermint stick ice cream (which they would bring back Egg Nog Ice Cream -- only remember seeing it one year)

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Absolutely everything except for the crowds. The music is WONDERFUL.
    I also love everything
    but I have to say the music choice they have is great.

The firework show is my favorite (especially Silent Night part)
    The snow is also wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• jsdmn2
    replied

From what I remember, it was mainly sweet treats. But I have a huge sweet tooth.

I remember, eggnog, spiced cider, gingerbread cookies, pumpkin cheesecake (I think at one of the hotels), and I thought I saw popcorn balls, but I'm not sure if i'm remembering correctly. Also there used to be pumpkin fudge at Marceline's. I get a craving for that every holiday season.

Actually now that you mention it, I don't remember a whole lot of non-sweets holiday food offerings. Anyone else? It seems like one of the cafe's would offer a turkey and gravy type plate during Nov and Dec.

Leave a comment:

• ZomBats
    replied

There is hardly anyway to describe what I love about it. Like everone else has said: it's just everything!

Even the most miniscule little thing makes the DecemberDisney so absolutely blissful. Only word to really say how it feels.

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf75
    replied

Originally posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    The deco is the best during the holidays! Some other things....

~holiday food
    ~characters in holiday outfits
    ~shiny pretty holiday ornaments to add to your tree, or to give
    ~the weather is so nice, warm during the day, cool at night
    ~did I mention the holiday food?
    I have not been to the Christmas overlay in years and years. What kind of food is there during the holidays?

Leave a comment:

• SnorkletsMom
    replied

Pretty much everything seems better. I try to stay away on the really crowded days but we did spend Christmas day there last year and it was terrific. Good weather (I prefer cool to hot) during that season, strolling around looking at the lights and just enjoying it all. My son loves the 'snow' and the whole thing reminds me of my Mom, she was with us the first time we were there while they filmed a holiday time commercial. So I guess I love it even though it tends to make me cry, if that makes sense.
    I apologize...rather a bit weepy today.

Leave a comment:

• SpcMtn77
    replied

"Jingle Bells" being sung throughout IASM. It makes the ride a little more bearable...The light show on the building facade is so fun to watch.

Main Street is even more magical. I love seeing the decorated garlands during the day, and lights at night. The snow is also a great addition--it's so fun to watch the kids get excited when it begins to fall.

Leave a comment:

• jsdmn2
    replied

Doh! I forgot: the parade! The Christmas parade is so fun! Sitting down and sipping hot chocolate or sharing a treat bundled up in the cool night air. Aahhhhh.
    *missing DL at Christmas*

Leave a comment:

• diznimom
    replied

I love the look of Main Street with all the Christmas decorations and the music playing. The firework show at night and the "snow" falling just add to the special warm feeling I get. If only I lived closer I would be there more often just to experience the magical feel of the park.

Leave a comment:

• MsSarah
    replied

Absolutely everything except for the crowds. The music is WONDERFUL.

Leave a comment:

• jsdmn2
    replied

The deco is the best during the holidays! Some other things....

~holiday food
    ~characters in holiday outfits
    ~shiny pretty holiday ornaments to add to your tree, or to give
    ~the weather is so nice, warm during the day, cool at night
    ~did I mention the holiday food?

Leave a comment:

• Gandalf75
    replied

I love the Main St. decorations and the tree.

But I adore the "snow". I now live in a place where it snows all winter but since I grew up in San Diego, Disneyland snow was the only snow I knew until I was like 23. So it still is magical for me.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by kaykay07 View Post
    i love the Holiday Fireworks and the "snow" it just gives me this warm and sweet feeling.
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    The soap snow.
    Also know as "Snoap!"

Leave a comment:

• d1mex
    replied

I am sorry to say I haven't experienced DL during Christmas time, I hope to this year however.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year, I can't even imagine what DL is like for the Holiday season, WOW!

Leave a comment:

• Lalalex
    replied

My favorite is the Candlelight celebration. I started participating with my high school choir when I was 15 and sang as part of the choir as an alumni after I graduated. Last year was the first year in 15 years that my old high school wasn't accepted and it was heartbreaking. For me it was the first time I hadn't participated in 10 years and it made me realize how much that show helped me get into the Christmas spirit. The music is timeless and so beautiful. This year we will be going to watch the show with our daughter. It will be the first time that I'll be watching from the audience. I'm excited to hear (and quietly sing along with) all of my favorite pieces, I'm also excited to share the experience with my family and create a new tradition for all of us. I highly recommend taking the time to catch Candlelight, it's a wonderful example of Christmas Magic at DL.

Leave a comment:

• PaperCutter92
    replied

"Aroma" indeed..I feel the Christmas season most when I have a cup of hot cocoa and have my Mickey gloves on and am just walking around Main Street with my family and seeing all the smiling people who are having an incredible time just being with their families. AND the smell of the special treats coming out of the stores that make the holiday treats. =[ 3 more months..

Leave a comment:

• Rocker
    replied

Main Street is usually my favorite area of Disneyland during the Holidays- mostly because the decorations around the area are really well done, and I think that the Christmas tree near the flag pole is awesome. Come to think of it, it's really my favorite because it has got a small-town-celebrating a Christmas feel and all the CM's on Main Street really bring a hometown atmosphere to it. And it's got Christmas tunes that get stuck to my head.

Another thing I like is the fake snow they added on Sleeping Beauty Castle these past few years. It makes it feel like Christmas a lot more, and makes you feel like you stepped into winter time in Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

Everything! the mood, decorations, overlays on it's a small world & haunted mansion, music, fireworks, snow, drinking hot chocolate while waiting for the christmas parade, right before the fireworks, in the cold, etc.!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X