Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why oh why do people here not like Innoventions??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why oh why do people here not like Innoventions??

I keep stumbling across people who make the comment that they want Innoventions to go. Why?

It seems to me that Innoventions is the Tomorrowland attraction that best applies to the spirit that Walt intended for the land -

"A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man's achievements.... A step into the future with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals, the atomic age, the challenge of outer space and the hope for a peaceful and unified world." - Walt's dedication of Tomorrowland

Most of the other attractions in TL are either movie tie-ins or outdated... None of them have the same sort of semi-educational value that some Yester Tomorrowland attractions have had.

Besides, I love hanging around in that House of the Future...

So I ask you MiceChatters, why so much hate?

Re: Why oh why do people here not like Innoventions??

I happen to like Innoventions too. It's just not one of those attractions that I'd rush over to once I walk through the turnstiles..it's more of a "I have 40 minutes to waste before my FP for Space Mountain is valid" types of attractions.. =]

Comment

well for me it bit the dust when i walked in there and saw the host ride in on a segway.

Comment

The thing about Innoventions is it's not futuristic. It doesn't have a house of the future, it has a "Dream Home", only filled with expensive technology that is not futuristic at all. Its modern technology that many people cant afford. For example, normal people cant afford to put flat screens on the outside of their homes, but it is possible, and its not futuristic. THe rest of the stuff is just modern video games and other modern technology that isn't innovative or new. The idea is what Walt wanted for Tomorrowland, but whats in Innoventions, and its execution, goes against the theme of Tomorrowland, and transforms it into TechnologyLand, which misses the purpose and theme of Tomorrowland

Comment

uhhh ...
          because it's boring.
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
            uhhh ...
            because it's boring.

True dat!

What they could do is maybe make a part of innoventions become the new house of tomorrow and show us what we might all be using in say 20 years from now. for example In the 60's the house of tomorrow showed a kitchen with a microwave in it.

Something with more of a Beyond 2000 feel (if anyone remembers this show)
            Last edited by Bexington; 09-23-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
              uhhh ...
              because it's boring.
              Seriously? I had no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                The thing about Innoventions is it's not futuristic. It doesn't have a house of the future, it has a "Dream Home", only filled with expensive technology that is not futuristic at all. Its modern technology that many people cant afford. For example, normal people cant afford to put flat screens on the outside of their homes, but it is possible, and its not futuristic. THe rest of the stuff is just modern video games and other modern technology that isn't innovative or new. The idea is what Walt wanted for Tomorrowland, but whats in Innoventions, and its execution, goes against the theme of Tomorrowland, and transforms it into TechnologyLand, which misses the purpose and theme of Tomorrowland
                Agreed. While the Dream Home thing may be cool, it could be more futuristic. Innoventions as a whole is pretty unimaginative, boring, and not futuristic. Come to think of it, neither is the rest of Tomorrowland. Everyday travel to space and back (Space Mountain) is still futuristic, yes, but what happens to the ride when that becomes a reality? So many things in Tomorrowland have fallen behind. They really need to fix the land, and a coherent theme of the future throughout, as it once was.

I love Walt's vision of "A World on the Move," but that has been seemingly lost. There are "moving" attractions, yes, but are they futuristic? How is a submarine ride to find Nemo futuristic? It's not. Tommorowland has lost its meaning.

Comment

Now that disney.princess put it that way..i agree..it's not a futuristic place at all..
                  it's just filled with ULTRA expensive things that are available today. I suppose I have such fond memories of it because everything looked SO cool as a child..and the fact that they had a Segway attraction last year..

Comment

Because its gotten empty over the years
                    1997- Very crowded..fun..and has a cool AA
                    2008- Emptied out with very few Things left
                    My Art site
                    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I actually like Innoventions as well. I think it requires an attention span that American's generally lack though. It's not for the action movie generation. It's about possibility and thought, and that tends to be too deep for a lot of people. I would them to take it further and really go into some more exploratory stuff, but for now it just isn't a priority. I'm not a big fan of the lower level though. The dream home really did need to be a House of the Future, and the karaoke stuff needs to go. But the stuff that's health involved upstairs and encourages people to stay active is valuable. I wish the whole thing could live on that level.

Comment

To be fair, it's not exactly a place that gives the same effect like Tower of Terror. However I actually do like it. I haven't been there in about 3 years, so I'm not sure how it's changed or hasn't changed. No it won't give you a "rush", but I do find it interesting.

Comment

IT feels like a big advertisement and it's boring.

They could do so much more with the space.
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                            Agreed. While the Dream Home thing may be cool, it could be more futuristic. Innoventions as a whole is pretty unimaginative, boring, and not futuristic. Come to think of it, neither is the rest of Tomorrowland. Everyday travel to space and back (Space Mountain) is still futuristic, yes, but what happens to the ride when that becomes a reality? So many things in Tomorrowland have fallen behind. They really need to fix the land, and a coherent theme of the future throughout, as it once was.

I love Walt's vision of "A World on the Move," but that has been seemingly lost. There are "moving" attractions, yes, but are they futuristic? How is a submarine ride to find Nemo futuristic? It's not. Tommorowland has lost its meaning.
                            Agreed. However, Nemo is at least more futuristic than Buzz or having screens plastered all around your home. (don't get me wrong, I love the buzz attraction, it just doesn't fit in) Nemo begins as a normal submarine boyage, then they say they're testing out new technology to communicate with fish in the future. That is why we can understand nemo. It's briefly mentioned, yes, and the storyline gets very confusing once we see Nemo, but if they would've taken that storyline, made it into a complete story for the ride(they could've even gotten away with incorporating Nemo in the attraction), and executed it well(no projections/tvs/2D stuff!) it could've been a great attraction and could've fit in well in Tomorrowland! Maybe they could've even changed up the submarines to make them seem futuristic. Give them a new look, inside and outside, and change the port to make it more futuristic as well. Also, they should've really made it a great experience every time you ride it, like jungle cruise. It's okay the first time, riding in a submarine, but riding it over and over just isn't as exciting. It doesn't create great experiences every time like a Disney ride should, and it just gets repetitive. Also, every time you ride it, it just gets more confusing, too, because you realized just how many storylines there are intertwined to keep up with. Okay, we're searching for an underwater volcano, never mind, we're testing out fish communication technology, wait, we're randomly following some fish, there's a bunch of turtles, now jellyfish, we're still following some fish for no apparent reason(and though we set out to test this technology, we hardly see any fish besides the main characters. Mix 'em with other fish from the movie, make em random fish with the pixar nemo look), there's some freaky angler fish for no apparent reason, we never even heard we were going that deep, theres a whale, wait, what is that, it has teeth like monstro's, unlike the nemo movie with realistic whales(cheap way to execute a ride, lets just take a mold from monstro and stick it underwater!), now we're leaving the submarine....what?

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                              Seriously? I had no idea!
                              Shirley .. you do understand I was serious. :lol:
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I only go in Innoventions because it's hot outside, and cold inside, and I can sit down. I am 14 and I am lazy. Plus, I hate playing the video games in there because of the kids and their greasy hands all over the controllers, and the dirty germs all over it.

Comment

I strongly dislike innoventions for several reasons. First of all I like to call it the house that anyone could have if they had a lot of money. Second of all there are game consoles there of a very poor origin, some may say I'm biased to apple here but I've only had problems with windows. So you have the rich person house on the 1st floor and upstairs is some kind of windows shrine. Not one thing on the bottom floor is futuristic or unavailable if you have lots of cash.
                                  I ask those who like the windows shrine (innoventions) what is one futuristic thing in there? It sure seems like non futuristic items out number what if any futuristic items exist.

Comment

To be honest, I've been in there a couple of times...just to play Guitar Hero, and maybe check out the "Aging" Process. Other than that, there really isn't much to do. I feel as though it really isn't all that great. It's something that I would do every now and then. I mean, where is the Innoventions? Where is the future? What does Video Games like that (despite that Guitar Hero is there) have to do with the future?

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I knew that building fondly when it was America Sings for years, and years.

Closed for 10 years - (1988 -1998) ... shirley .. you can understand I was pretty disappointed they took the innovative "turning theater" concept .. into one of the most disappointing usages .. that theater has ever seen.
                                      MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Originally posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
                                        Now that disney.princess put it that way..i agree..it's not a futuristic place at all..
                                        it's just filled with ULTRA expensive things that are available today. I suppose I have such fond memories of it because everything looked SO cool as a child..and the fact that they had a Segway attraction last year..
                                        I thought the same way, too. I do remember, though, being disappointed that the Segway attraction was only available to 16+, and then I realized, it didn't belong in tomorrowland at all. It's modern stuff, and it could get away with being futuristic, like everyone will have them in the future, but it doesnt belong in disneyland. Disneyland is a place where the whole family can do things together. 16 is too high of an age, and it's not fair to have it in Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X