This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] kraken on Pirates ride?

Any other ideas to add to this? Is it a good idea? Could this be a good tie in with a new POTC 4 debut?

Kraken

water swirl

current scene
    YO HO!

Re: kraken on Pirates ride?

They can't change that scene. But maybe a scene right before a drop. I actually like the idea.
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

No. Just No.

No more movie tie-ins to the ride. There are enough already.
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by davidg1904 View Post
        I had a dream the other night about a great idea I had. The idea was to add the Kraken from the movie into the now captain Barbosa scene. Think of how great this would be especially after the new Davy Jones mist. The boat could feel like it was getting hit. Some gusts of wind could hit us as if the tentacles are whooshing by our head. They could also do the swirling water effect. This could also be an opportunity to add “Elizabeth Swann” to the scene. Any other ideas to add to this? Is it a good idea? Could this be a good tie in with a new POTC 4 debut?

Kraken

water swirl

current scene
        I love your idea, except for adding Elizabeth (she IMO was one of the big drawbacks of the movie series. She was a little too capable, a little too politically correct, for a believable 17th-century Mayor's daughter). The ship battle scene desperately needs some punching up. It's so flat and blah....and DATED. You'd expect more excitement and noise in a battle scene. I think Walt would be all for enhancing (or rather, "plussing") it. And I think your idea would be a great way to enhance the ride without changing its character. Do Imagineers visit this site?
        Last edited by Magenta Panther; 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I'm not opposed to the idea of having the Kraken in the ride, but logistically it won't work without having a major reorganization of the ride scenery in one section, which is something I think the majority of the fans of this ride will oppose, myself included. There's no more space for something like that.

Comment

I misread your post, but now I get what you are saying and yes, I think that would be pretty awesome. I thought the Kracken would attack our boats we ride. Which could still be pretty cool to have some AA octopus Tentacles come up out of no where. Then we go down a big drop.
            --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
              No. Just No.

No more movie tie-ins to the ride. There are enough already.
              YO HO!

Comment

Originally posted by leslie_537 View Post
                I misread your post, but now I get what you are saying and yes, I think that would be pretty awesome. I thought the Kracken would attack our boats we ride. Which could still be pretty cool to have some AA octopus Tentacles come up out of no where. Then we go down a big drop.
                Yes a good idea it could be that the Kraken is chasing OUR boat too. we first see them in the cave and later in the ship scene. only problem though is it would totally change the feel of caves.
                YO HO!

Comment

I posted this in the "If you can refurb one attraction" thread.

I stated it would be cool if there was a Kraken encounter, The Flying Dutchman coming up from the water, being in the middle of the Maelstrom battle. But that would be too much to add to the attraction. Like B2D said, it would take major reorganization of the ride.

One of the ideas I told my friend about was having the big tentacle coming up right in front of us as if it were going to come down on us, but before it did the Black Pearl fires at it with it's canons and it flails back into the water. Jack Sparrow then talks to us but the Flying Dutchman comes right up from the water on the other side, and then we are stuck in the middle of the fight and get caught in the Maelstrom. Yeah, I'll keep dreaming...

Comment

So much for trying to depict a tale of pirates from many years ago. Hell, we've got an octopused face tell us that dead men DO tell tales, may as well add a mythical beast to completely stomp Walt's intent of the ride.

Comment

Moon Park | Futurama | Comedy Central

Comment

I would prefer an actual AA of Davy Jones standing in a bucket of water... instead of a fog waterfall that looks like crap. If they could cut back on the Sparrow references that would also greatly improve my experience. Oh... and fix the ending... Jack sitting quietly in a treasure room while everything else is going to hell doesn't really make sense.
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

When I was riding Pirates this weekend, I thought how cool it would be to have tentacles coming out of the water. Though really, I almost wish we could build another ride for the Pirates movies, with Davy Jones and the Kraken and all that, and send Pirates back to classic Pirates...
                          Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                          : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

I am not against change if done correctly.

I also agree with techskip, i think they need to cut back on the Sparrow references. I have no problem with the Sparrow AA being added but i think they over did it with adding three of them. The last one does seem out of place along with the one hiding in the barrel.

The addition of the Kraken might work nicely in the battle if not in the cave scene.

I would prefer that a whole new story line more closely based on the movie with some classic scenes from the attraction appeared in future incarnations of the ride. If I remember correctly the designs they had for the Hong Kong park and possibly the Shanghai park do take that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                              So much for trying to depict a tale of pirates from many years ago. Hell, we've got an octopused face tell us that dead men DO tell tales, may as well add a mythical beast to completely stomp Walt's intent of the ride.
                              Who is this "Walt" you refer to and what does he have to do with Jack Sparrow?

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
                                  What he said.
                                  YO HO!

Comment

I'm all for adding, but why not more pillaging, looting, rum-drinking and swordfighting? Does it have to be something that is tied to a movie and fictional?

Comment

Just what every world class E-Ticket attraction that's still packin' 'em in needs -- a nice big turkey baster full of Bruckheimer.

Comment

Originally posted by davidg1904 View Post
                                        however the only movie tie-ins they added were davy jones in a dark cave that really didn’t have much before at all and a couple of new animatronics.
                                        Those two things aren't the only things that were added to the refurb...

- Jack Sparrow and Barbossa getting their painting on the walls.
                                        - Davy Jones mist screen.
                                        - Barbossa replacing Blackbeard (RIP)
                                        - 3 Jack Sparrow AAs.
                                        - The storyline in some of the scenes. You've got the whole "Where's Jack Sparrow?" thing going on and then you have other pirates that are enjoying the pirate life. Sloppy story telling, IMO.
                                        - The ending w/ Jack Sparrow.
                                        - The map at the little shoreline near the queue/when you're about to exit the boat.

Not really a big fan of the ride personally (I don't hate it), but there are some things that shouldn't have been put into or taken out of POTC the way they were. Someone else already said this... While the idea of the Kraken is pretty neat, if it was added then some of the scenes would have to be changed and I really don't think many people would be in an agreement with that.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X