Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Do You Prefer- Ghost Galaxy or Regular?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Which Do You Prefer- Ghost Galaxy or Regular?

This is for all that have gone on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Which version of the ride do you prefer? Would you mind if it was like Ghost Galaxy all year round, or do you like it that it's seasonal? Discuss your views here.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Re: Which Do You Prefer- Ghost Galaxy or Regular?

Personally, I would've waited until tomorrow, once we've had the chance to go on it, to start this thread, but that's just me.

Comment

Yes I'll second that but I'ma say since its a halloween theme to keep it for the Halloween season

Comment

Ummm...we wouldn't know, since it's not open yet.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
        HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
        ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
        FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Some may have ridden the HKDL version, though!

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
            Some may have ridden the HKDL version, though!
            This isn't the Hong Kong Disneyland forum is it though?

Comment

I was reffering to the CM's that have had the opportunity thus far to ride it, and then tomorrow all the rest would be able to post... sorry if that was a mistake

^Art by me!
              Check out my
              Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
              You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
              Visit my

Comment

I heard the Hong Kong Disneyland version is different, actually.

And it seems like the poster was talking to the Cast Members who got to go early today. There are a lot of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy threads like this though! I'm just as interested in Haunted Mansion Holiday. Someone pointed out in the DL tracking thread its supposedly gonna have new surprises and ways to celebrate the 40th! However, we'll be too busy with the Ghost Galaxy threads to notice! :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post

And it seems like the poster was talking to the Cast Members who got to go early today. There are a lot of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy threads like this though! I'm just as interested in Haunted Mansion Holiday. Someone pointed out in the DL tracking thread its supposedly gonna have new surprises and ways to celebrate the 40th! However, we'll be too busy with the Ghost Galaxy threads to notice! :ap:
                  Ah... if this needs to be merged go right ahead. Sorry!
                  Interesting about the HMH... I haven't heard about that. What about it would be changed?

^Art by me!
                  Check out my
                  Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                    This is for all that have gone on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy: Which version of the ride do you prefer? Would you mind if it was like Ghost Galaxy all year round, or do you like it that it's seasonal? Discuss your views here.

OK I just got off the ride... (cast member preview) It is VERY WELL done given that it is just an overlay for Halloween...

I don't know if the queue changed any except for the addition of the signs warning that this is not the "old space mountain" The station's lighting looked the same to me. But the ride is way darker (read the stars are much dimmer) and certain portions are in the pitch dark.

Lift 1: New lighting colors and a few effects

Tunnel between lift 1 and 2: Pitch Dark

Lift 2: New Video sequence that is somewhat scary with the Ghost appearing at the top of the lift and shooting sparks down the lift tunnel

Lift 3: New Projection of Ghost

Course: Several effect that include chasing projections that match the rockets speed, projections of ghost's claws that reach for rocket on several occasions random eyeballs and a very cool ending effect that I am not going to spoil.

Sound effects of the ghost growl really push the rocket's sound system to the max (lots of base) causing the feeling that the ghost is shaking the sled during the third lift hill.

This is a MUST ride addition to the Holiday lineup.... Well worth any wait.

VERY GOOD RIDE!!! all of us were cheering when the rockets returned to the station.

I have to say that ultimately Ghost Galaxy is better than the regular Space Mountain... The ride seems longer (it wasn't actually any longer) and seemed to be a "better ride for the wait" because of this.

Comment

I'm not sure
                      Check out MasterGracey1969's post on this link:
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...acker-148.html

I cant wait till tomorrow for pics!

Comment

I think I prefer it to the regular SM as well. Mostly because it feels like less of a roller coaster in the dark with the added effects. I love Space Mountain as much as the next person, but there are no effects during the roller coaster portion of the ride. The overlay has effects. Therefore I like it better. I don't want it permanently, but I would love to have it every year like Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Hopefully the overlay will be successful and it will inspire Imagineers to add some more effects to the original Space Mountain.

Comment

I haven't been on it, but no matter what, I think it's fine the way it is, seasonally. I mean, I love Haunted Mansion Holiday, but I think the seasonal overlays are a part of what makes them special. If you go on Ghost Galaxy in march, or HMH in the middle of Summer, it may take away from the magic. Also, it won't be very special anymore. Don't get me wrong, I go to Disneyland all the time, and go on the same rides, they're always just as special, but when something is meant to be seasonal, I think it should stay that way.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                            Personally, I would've waited until tomorrow, once we've had the chance to go on it, to start this thread, but that's just me.
                            same here
                            how is one going to know what they like when the Ghost Galaxy isn't opened yet.

I would think for Halloween it would be fun, knowing that it goes back to it's regular version in November
                            Quote by Al:
                            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post

And it seems like the poster was talking to the Cast Members who got to go early today.
                              not to get picky,
                              but the CM part wasn't added until later in the thread
                              so those who mentioned Friday and waiting (myself included) were commenting on the original post.

I know CM's do post on here, just curious how many CM's that would do a preview (if offered) are actual MC's. I know two cast members that we ran into, one wasn't on MC and the other hadn't been on for awhile.
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

Is the soundtrack the same, or did they record something new?
                                "I can stand the sight of worms,
                                and look at microscopic germs,
                                but technicolor pachyderms
                                are really too much for me."

Comment

I wouldn't know until I ride it..which hopefully will be this weekend...after that I will give a review.
                                  "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by Wavy Blue View Post
                                    Is the soundtrack the same, or did they record something new?
                                    They had an original track for HKDL's Ghost Galaxy, so I assume it would be that one.

Comment

It's reworked a little bit but yeah, it's the HKDL soundtrack.

Comment

I got to go on Ghost galaxy yesterday during CM previews and I absolutely LOVED it....But of course I'm a little twisted that way. I love it as an overlay and wouldn't want it year round because I love old Space as well. The Ghost Galaxy overlay was absolutely amazing but really scary for young ones (but I wouldn't want it any other way). I love the fact that I can have both versions. Ghost Galaxy during Halloween Time and my old Space during regular time. I will be riding Ghost Galaxy as many times as I can throughout Halloween Time!!!!!!!
                                        PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X