This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What attraction is "untouchable?"

Just having a conversation about attractions, places, and things that you feel will never be removed from the Disneyland Resort.

these conversations happen constantly so this isnt a new unique thread, but it will be fun for a few days hopefully.

Re: What attraction is "untouchable?"

They've already eliminated my 2 favorites (Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure thru Inner Space) and I will never forgive them for that, but now I would say that Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones and the Disneyland Railroad are untouchable. Pirates and Haunted Mansion would probably cause such uproar if they closed them that they would never even consider it.

Comment

Dumbo and Peter Pan.

Not to Hi-jack but I just went on PP for the first time with my kids. Whoa, great ride. I'm not a fan of most of the Dark rides but just whoa.

Comment

OH defintely Pirates and Haunted are two the will never go away as well as IASW and Peter Pan and Dumbo and HISTA...:lmao: just kidding..I hope HISTA DOES leave soon
        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Jungle Cruise. I know it was slightly altered for Indy, but they would never remove it. It is an original, circa 1955, and they would be crazy to remove it. They take that out, they might as well follow up by removing the castle.

Comment

Surprisingly there haven't been a lot of "drastic" changes in recent years... I think the last truly "major" thing to close was Subs. In most cases Disney has found a way to build something new and exciting by developing previously unused space and carefully modifying surrounding buildings (like Indy being placed between Jungle and Pirates).
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
              They've already eliminated my 2 favorites (Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure thru Inner Space) and I will never forgive them for that, but now I would say that Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones and the Disneyland Railroad are untouchable. Pirates and Haunted Mansion would probably cause such uproar if they closed them that they would never even consider it.
              That would be my list as well.

Comment

i think most of the fantasyland rides will never be removed.
                There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!
                :thumbup:

Comment

POTC, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Space & Thunder Mountain and Indy. Walt's apartment too even though it's not an attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonryan106 View Post
                    Just having a conversation about attractions, places, and things that you feel will never be removed from the Disneyland Resort.

these conversations happen constantly so this isnt a new unique thread, but it will be fun for a few days hopefully.
                    The classics...

Jungle Cruise, Small World, Space Mtn, Matterhorn,Peter Pan, Pirates, Mansion and because its the one attraction with his name on it and its history etc...the Tiki Room.

Comment

Subs. Oh, wait...

Comment

How about a kick start for things other than iconic rides?

say the Partners statue? untouchable?

Comment

I'm shocked that nobody has said this, but...
                          King Arthur Carousel

EDIT: 300th Post! Whoo hoo!:yea:

Comment

Remove the partner's statue...

Walt Disney would of most likely hated it.

Comment

Fantasmic!

Comment

i thought pirates was untouchable..but it has the movie tie in taint...as far as it being closed..that HM,ALL the Fantasyland dark rides, the matterhorn space,big thunder,and splah mtns ,star tours ,jungle cruise,the tiki room,indy, are all above the closeure law..
                                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Talking about the Partners statue is opening can of worms here. There was a very long debate about it a while back...

That said, most people that knew Walt have said he wouldn't have wanted a statue of himself.

I think we view a good majority of the attractions as untouchable, but I do not think Disney (the company) views them the same way we do. Ultimately, if something gets too expensive to maintain and they let the attraction become rotted and dilapidated, it could very easily end up on the chopping block...definitely if not as many guests went to those attractions, too.

We might see Pirates of the Caribbean as untouchable, but truth be told, the attraction has already gotten significant alterations. While I think the movies could stand the test of time, they might not, and maybe a few decades down the line, Disney will look at the amount of people that ride it and find the numbers to be low and decide it's not worth it to maintain any longer. And instead of taking Jack Sparrow and Barbossa out, they'll just close the whole attraction to save a few bucks (this is the pessimist in me talking).

Comment

While many people love the Tiki Room, do you really think it is untouchable? I am not trying to debate how historically significant it is, but out of all the ones listed so far, I think that one might "lose it's lease" first. I think mostly because of it not being a 'ride'. Hopefully it won't happen... I mean c'mon, Walt has his fingerprints all over the show. In the future, kids are gonna have the shortest attention spans ever and seeing some robot birds sing to each other is going to be like watching their own robot toys at home.

<<<------I'm the Devil's Advocate right now:shy:
                                    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Re: What attraction is &quot;untouchable?&quot;

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                                      Talking about the Partners statue is opening can of worms here. There was a very long debate about it a while back...
                                      that's okay though, opening a can of worms is kinda the point. asking if Walt would have liked the statue is a moot point because it wouldnt be there if he was alive. its a way to remember him because he's gone...

p.s. i hate that you have the screen name i should have used. LOL, and why arent there more "whip" locations? Do you remember when Sunkist had them on Main Street?

Comment

Re: What attraction is &quot;untouchable?&quot;

Most stuff at Disneyland is untouchable one id like 2 see untouchable is BUZZ, haters hate but it's my ride baby! WOOO lol

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X