Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Refurbishments Coming To Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Refurbishments Coming To Disneyland

So I was just checking the online Disney calendar, and it shows POTC going down from the 28th of September through the 2nd of October

Also, the calendar is showing Indy as being closed the 5th through the 8th of October... I can't remember the last time Indy went down, even for such a short period time

Anybody know whats on the to-do list for these attractions that can be done in such a short period of time? HALLOWEEN OVERLAY???

Re: Refurbishments Coming To Disneyland

Since both periods are so short, they are probably just very minor things. Minor repairs on Indy, and maybe updating some AA's on POTC.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Originally posted by Abominable Snowman View Post
      So I was just checking the online Disney calendar, and it shows POTC going down from the 28th of September through the 2nd of October

Also, the calendar is showing Indy as being closed the 5th through the 8th of October... I can't remember the last time Indy went down, even for such a short period time

Anybody know whats on the to-do list for these attractions that can be done in such a short period of time? HALLOWEEN OVERLAY???
      that would be cool! I can see how that's possible. I mean, they may not have had time to get them done by September 25th because they were busy with Ghost Galaxy and the new fireworks, Halloween Screams, as well as other things they allready have been doing every year, like decorations around the resort and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Comment

When scheduled closures are this short, do they usually open back up on time? Or do they often extend past the projected days?

Comment

I doubt they'd get Halloween overlays. That's just too short a time limit for that. They would have announced it, like Ghost Galaxy, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
            When scheduled closures are this short, do they usually open back up on time? Or do they often extend past the projected days?
            Usually they open back up in time. All these short clousures are just to give the rides a quick fix up before the busy period kicks in because a long refurb shouldn't be happening during the gap between the off-season and the Holiday season.

Since Indy's down from the 5th-8th, it should re-open on the 9th. Same applies for POTC's scheduled refurb of the 28th-2nd.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
              Usually they open back up in time. All these short clousures are just to give the rides a quick fix up before the busy period kicks in because a long refurb shouldn't be happening during the gap between the off-season and the Holiday season.

Since Indy's down from the 5th-8th, it should re-open on the 9th. Same applies for POTC's scheduled refurb of the 28th-2nd.

Thanks! That is good news. We are there from the 8th to the 10th and I can live without riding Indy the first day but it would totally suck if it was closed all three days. My husband is most looking forward to trying out Indy out of all the rides.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X