Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Candy Corn?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] DCA Candy Corn?

    I am sorry if this is a super lame question, but when I was last at DLR for Halloween (actually last trip at all) it was Oct 2007 and the CALIFORNIA letters were done to look like candy corn?

    Did they do that again this year?

  • #2
    Re: DCA Candy Corn?

    Nope. The letters aren't Candy Corny as of right now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DCA Candy Corn?

      I assume it's because of the work around them?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DCA Candy Corn?

        I asked about the construction that was (or is?) in font of DCA and they said it was just repaving.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DCA Candy Corn?

          I thought it was pipe-work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DCA Candy Corn?

            Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
            I thought it was pipe-work.
            Yea, your probably right

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DCA Candy Corn?

              Those walls are down now. They're probably going to put them up sometime next week when the parks close early.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                Are they prepping the area for the new entry-way?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                  Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                  Those walls are down now. They're probably going to put them up sometime next week when the parks close early.
                  This is what I was thinking> I thought they would have the letters done on Friday, but maybe they got behind a bit over there. Much, if not all, of the candy corn was up inside the park, but maybe it takes a bit longer to get those letters done. I would think that they would be done by next week at the latest.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                    Yeah, they'll probably put them up for a (likely) final time. They probably just didn't have time because of the fireworks testing, Ghost Galaxy, other normal HalloweenTime additions, and all the typical stuff that goes on at the park at night all year long.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                      Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                      Yeah, they'll probably put them up for a (likely) final time. They probably just didn't have time because of the fireworks testing, Ghost Galaxy, other normal HalloweenTime additions, and all the typical stuff that goes on at the park at night all year long.

                      Final time? Are the CALIFORNIA letters going away? If yes, I am sure it has been talked about and I apologize for not having paid attention before...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                        Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
                        Final time? Are the CALIFORNIA letters going away? If yes, I am sure it has been talked about and I apologize for not having paid attention before...
                        Yep... DCA's entrance is being transformed into 1920s Los Angeles, and part of that requires the turnstiles being moved out to where the letters are now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                          Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
                          Final time? Are the CALIFORNIA letters going away? If yes, I am sure it has been talked about and I apologize for not having paid attention before...
                          Yep, it's part of the Buena Vista Street construction. It begins in January. not sure exactly when the letters are getting removed though, I'm assuming sometime around then, though, but it really just depends how they do the construction. If they start from the construction of the new main gates, then they'll probably take the letters out in january-ish.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                            They need to be removed sooner so I can say good riddance to those god-awful letters!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                              Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                              They need to be removed sooner so I can say good riddance to those god-awful letters!
                              I agree! They don't even help people find the park, people still always ask, "Where's California Adventure?" or "I'm supposed to meet at the big 'N', where is it?!?!" :ap:

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: DCA Candy Corn?

                                Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                                I thought it was pipe-work.
                                As near as I can tell, it looks like they installed some drains in the pavement in front of the letters. I don't know if this is something they just needed to do or something they needed to do before starting construction of the new gate.
                                .

                                Comment

                                Get Away Today Footer

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X