This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Salute the entertainers!

This guy is a phenomenal piano player - we requested "In the Mood" and he went into a complex, cascading boogie-woogie version of the Glenn Miller classic, and played "Happy Birthday" as well as several Disney movie song medleys and ragtime gems. If you are at the Coke Corner and he is playing, stop and listen for a while and be amazed.

Mary Poppins was extraordinarily gracious and warm, putting a huge smile on my Mom for her 91st birthday. We saw her again later in the day and even after a long day of greeting kids and signing autographs in 94 degree heat she was still extremely polite and gracious. But then we all know that she's practically perfect.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies perform at the Golden Horseshoe, entertaining with expert musicianship and a fast-paced show. The jokes seemed canned and scripted, but the music was fun and you couldn't help but clap your hands and tap your feet.

The White Rabbit and Mad Hatter make for a comic duo but it's really the Mad Hatter's almost stream-of-consciousness delivery of silly remarks that power the act. I can't remember a single word he said now, but it was one comment after another, about every 20 seconds, and each one seemed funnier than that last. Plus that maniacal laugh. There was a table of 4 next to us who were celebrating 2 birthdays and he went over to that table for about 3 minutes and had them laughing so hard that they were spitting out their Coke. That was undoubtedly the highlight of their day.

They sing, they dance, they interact with guests, they ride a bike built for 4 - is there anything the Dapper Dans can't do? A Disneyland classic for 50 years is still going strong and popular.

So who are your favorite live entertainers at the parks?

Re: Salute the entertainers!

I like Billy Hill & the Hillbillies! It's really funny.

Comment

Nice photos! I hope your mom had a great birthday at Disneyland. I really love the Dapper Dans.

Comment

The Piano Player in your first photo really is great. We were at the park a few weeks ago on Vacation and he and a guest played several songs together on the piano. Got a good round of applause from the other guests at Coke Corner.

Comment

Oh gosh! All of those entertainers are amazing.

I saw the Dapper Dans for the first time last trip, and I absolutely loved them. I watched them twice that day when I saw them again! Besides them, I always enjoy Musical chairs. All entertainers bring something special, it's hard to pick a favorite!

Comment

The Dapper Dans are awesome!!! There are also the Delta Daddi-o's which are not as frequent performers, but when they do show, they're amazing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9I94wSrjtI]YouTube - Delta Daddios #1[/ame]

And ragtime piano is just fun. I love the performances from Robert. Really friendly and talented.

Comment

ryan, thanks for letting us know the name of that group. I've seen them a few time in front of the Animation Building in DCA, always by accident. For some unknow reason, they are never listed in the daily schedule guide.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

That's a cute picture with Mary Poppins. Yay for the DL entertainers!
                sigpic
                Home away from Home.

Comment

the bills are awesome!
                  dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

Wow! I've never even heard of the Delta Daddi-o's until this moment.

Comment

Disney does it best.

Comment

It's probably no big surprise to anyone here but - The Billy Hills.

Also Farley.

I've never seen that young man who is playing the piano, but I have seen Robert.

Anytime you have the Mad Hatter it's always fun and Mary is absolutely perfect.
                        sigpic

Comment

I believe the piano player in the first picture is Jonny, at least that's what the sign said. He did tell us he is only there on Thursdays.

Comment

The entertainers are some of the hardest-working people in the entire park. It's got to be the most enjoyable job too!

I can't imagine what it would be like to brighten everyones day like they do. They certainly add to the magic, the park just wouldn't be the same without them.

Being a guy, I'm not all that perceptive, but their smiles sure look genuine to me. Considering the joy they spread everywhere, I guess a smile or two would come naturally though.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                              The entertainers are some of the hardest-working people in the entire park. It's got to be the most enjoyable job too!

I can't imagine what it would be like to brighten everyones day like they do. They certainly add to the magic, the park just wouldn't be the same without them.

Being a guy, I'm not all that perceptive, but their smiles sure look genuine to me. Considering the joy they spread everywhere, I guess a smile or two would come naturally though.

Rob
                              great thread. i wish i was better at photo uploads, etc because the characters and entertainers make a HUGE difference in the whole Disney resort experience. i am a big supporter.

Comment

I had an awsome interaction with Peter Pan recently. My friends daughter loves him, but was afraid he would take her away to neverland so she wouldn't talk to him. More than 4 hrs later when we saw him again, he remembered her and even hid from the camera with her when we took pictures. He was really amazing. Made her birthday!

Comment

Also The Bootstrapper Pirate Band, The Royal Street Bachelors and The Miner 49ers.
                                  sigpic

Comment

i think the princesses would have an amazing job. they get to see little girls(and boys) smiles all day, it would deffiantly warm my heart.
                                    sigpic

Comment

I know he is not really an "entertainer" per say, but you have GOT TO LOVE MAYNARD! The man makes every attraction he is working way more fun!
                                      We also had a chance to dine at the Round up B.B.Q. not only was the food excellent and our server awesome, but the entertainers were fantastic! The little blonde gal with the Texas drawl who sings durring dinner came over and sat at our table and chatted with us .She was so sweet! And who can forget Tex Tumbleweed! Not only can he whistle like nobodys buisness, he always finds time to make a hillarious comment in between notes!
                                      Last edited by Mickey's Gal; 10-01-2009, 07:59 PM.
                                      To all that come to this happy place, Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                                        And ragtime piano is just fun. I love the performances from Robert. Really friendly and talented.
                                        I agree so much. Robert is such a wonderful guy and a very talented piano player. There has been many occasions where I've stood at the piano and listened to him play for several minutes. He really is amazing.

I love listening to the Dapper Dans. They're so good. In addition to them I love everyone in Drawn to the Magic (Scott is one of my absolute favorites), Farley the Fiddler, every single person in Celebrate, and all the characters. They're what keeps me coming back ever week.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X