Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would light fog throughout the park be overkill for Halloween?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Would light fog throughout the park be overkill for Halloween?

With the Halloween decorations and villain characters out and about, do you think light fog would be beneficial to the Halloween overlay of the park?

I'm not talking about heavy fog in random spots where you can barely see anything, i'm talking more of a visual/aesthetic appeal. just a *very light* fog rolling in at night, kinda comparable to the light hazy fog you wake up to at 5am. I think it could work in areas like adventureland (deep forests/foliage), new orleans square (HM anyone?), critter country (woodsy areas), and some other lands (probably not tomorrowland..).

I wouldn't want it to be TOO scary looking, as it might frighten the younger ones, nor would i want it to be like "the other parks" where the thick fog areas are pretty much the areas where you have to expect to get scared (knott's scary farm, universal studios horror nights, six flags frightfest). but more of just a simple, light, and almost-underused effect that would just add to the Halloween atmosphere.

Again, before everyone goes haywire and picturing thick fog spots all over the park with monsters chasing the little ones, i'm just talking about a really light atmospheric effect. Even though it's a light effect, do you think would it be overkill for the Halloween overlays?
    -plagued

Re: Would light fog throughout the park be overkill for Halloween?

Yeah, it would be really cool to have dry ice on the castle moat or in front of Frontierland and Adventureland...

Maybe on the submarine lagoon, too...

Comment

totally forgot about the castle moat, fog would be perfect there!
      -plagued

Comment

I think it would be awesome to have some fog at the front entrance at the Mickey Flower Mural. Light fog brushing against the grass, with some pumpkins and dim blue lights. Bat sounds surrounding you, it would fit in with the character pumpkins on top of the entrance.
        Dude..

Comment

No. No fog at all. Except for Indy's and Mansion's outdoor queues. But that is it, nothing else.

Comment

I was looking at someone's trip report (I believe it was SplashMoun10's) and he got there early and there was light fog in his pictures. And I thought it looked so cool. It went with the Halloween theme so well. I think it would be a good idea in certain areas of the park.

Comment

Hmm... I think they should add fog to the outdoor queue of Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. Maybe it'd be better only at night, but I think it would be a nice, small effect to the queue. I think it could be overkill to the rest of the park, though, and be a little depressing. Disneyland at HalloweenTime is celebrating the happy things about Halloween more than the scary parts. I could see some fog in certain areas, though. Maybe also in the villains meet-and-greet, the outdoor part of the queue for HMH, around the pet cemetary, or in the graveyard on Tom Sawyer Island? I think it should only be used at night, though, it'll look odd during the day, IMO.

Comment

Some fog would be alright in some places but not all over the park.
                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

you read my mind!
                  fog would be absolutley perfect. absolutely perfect. especially around the haunted mansion & the adventure land attractions at night.

Comment

The problem with fog is that it disapates and therefore needs to be constantly refreshed with a somewhat choking cloud belching from a smoke machine. Having seen a variety of stage shows, Halloween Haunts, and other productions my answer is No... please no fog unless it is the natural kind.
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I think light fog throughout the park would be overkill. Thematically, certain areas would be cool with light fog. Jungle Cruise at night, halloween edition with a light fog would be a nice touch at night. Not too much, but just something light to create that ambience of feeling lost in the jungle. I think a light fog rolling around the queue of the haunted mansion would be fun. Now that Scare Mountain is in place (i like to call it scare mountain), I think it'd be fun to have a light fog creeping around the outdoor queue.

Comment

The fog would be cool in certain areas. One year they had what looked like misters above Haunted Mansion Holiday queue. It kind of rolled down the berm back there. That was cool. I am surprised they have never used fog for Mickey's Halloween Treat. That would add a lot over there for that..

Comment

there as a ton of fog last night...
                          dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewyoates77 View Post
                            there as a ton of fog last night...
                            was it natural fog?
                            -plagued

Comment

Light fog would look cool, but it would require fog machines all over the place, and more importantly, it would or could obscure the walkways, causing someone to trip and fall (and sue!).

Comment

I think that a little dry ice fog would be great by HM and POTC. It would also be great in JC. Dry ice is much more show appropriate than a fog machine. They would just need to make sure it was in a place that the guests couldn't get to it. High up on the burm behind HM, coming out of the fake shops in NOS, placed strategically around JC. OOhh... wouldn't it make the ROA look spooky!
                                sigpic
                                I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

It would work (I mean don't out it everywhere) but in a new locations thus would work very well with the Halloween theme.
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Speaking of fog, I miss it in the Matterhorn!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Fog also works well in that last room in mr. toads.

It does a great job in fogging up my glasses haha

Comment

The river has a built in fog system.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X