Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would light fog throughout the park be overkill for Halloween?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoogaFrito
    replied
    Re: Would light fog throughout the park be overkill for Halloween?

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    One of my favorite moments in "It's tough to be a bug" is when we get sprayed by Bug Spray. Such a cool effect with the fog and such. The use of it in Pirates of the Caribbean in the first big battle scene is really cool too when it works.
    Ooh, I remember going on Pirates once when the fog machine was broken, and the entire tunnel between the Captain's Quarters and the battle scene was just like the Bug Spray scene. We all felt like we were about to suffocate. It was awesome...

I'm all for this fog idea!

Leave a comment:

• plagued
    replied

how i'd love to be at Disneyland on a naturally foggy day!

regarding all the suggestions, i'm leaning towards more of the dry ice ones rather than water vapor.. i just got a vision of massive humidity + sticky/icky feeling walking through a water vapor foggy area..

Leave a comment:

• Bob Weaver
    replied

Yes, definitely low-hanging fog around the Haunted Mansion. The kind that stays near the ground. And before the fireworks show, ground-level fog around the castle and moat. I would also have some spilling out of the Matterhorn, coming from the holes cut out for the bobsleds. And the bobsleds would go through the fog. I would also have some low-hanging fog around the Tower of Terror and maybe a little spilling from a couple of balconies.

Leave a comment:

• OC2Epcot
    replied

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I think it would look VERY cool, especially around the HM and SM queues, but you're right about the choking part. If it is found where people have to stand, anyone with asthma will have a tough time.
    I think it depends on the type of fog that is used. I believe fog could be produced with basically just water vapor. I think around the castle and the mansion would be the best places for fog.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by techskip View Post
    The problem with fog is that it disapates and therefore needs to be constantly refreshed with a somewhat choking cloud belching from a smoke machine. Having seen a variety of stage shows, Halloween Haunts, and other productions my answer is No... please no fog unless it is the natural kind.

I think it would look VERY cool, especially around the HM and SM queues, but you're right about the choking part. If it is found where people have to stand, anyone with asthma will have a tough time.

Leave a comment:

• karebear286
    replied

there was fog last night....it was creepy.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

One of my favorite moments in "It's tough to be a bug" is when we get sprayed by Bug Spray. Such a cool effect with the fog and such. The use of it in Pirates of the Caribbean in the first big battle scene is really cool too when it works.

Leave a comment:

• Petchaurus
    replied

I like this fog thinking.

Leave a comment:

• leopardchucks
    replied

I think fog (only on waterways) would be an awesome way to make every area more 'atmospheric' during the fall season. It might increase traffic on the Mark Twain. And as other posters have said, the Jungle Cruise would be stellar with an added layer of light fog. I think it is an easy way to coordinate the whole park to the holiday (halloween) at hand. As long as it's not thick enough to confuse people from their own ability at walking (OUCH! Someone had to say it)...then it will be alright by me. A "light" fog would be awesome and defintiely add to the atmosphere.
    Last edited by leopardchucks; 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM. Reason: oops.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

If only Pressler hadn't sealed shut the holes of the Matterhorn!

A little fog to obscure the tracks and surprise you in a tunnel or two would be a great seasonal addition to that ride, and the visual of fog coming out of the holes and hanging over the mountain would be a nice touch of creepy.

Of course, since ventilation was so significantly cut down in the 90s, I'm not sure if you could do this now without making it look like a San Francisco morning in there.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf
    replied

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Light fog would look cool, but it would require fog machines all over the place, and more importantly, it would or could obscure the walkways, causing someone to trip and fall (and sue!).
    Must we bubblewrap everyone who enters the park? Fog would be an awesome addition for October.

Leave a comment:

• Madasahatter
    replied

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The river has a built in fog system.
    Yeah, I remember watching a video on YouTube of someone walking to the Haunted Mansion after the 40th Anniversary event. As they were walking past, they recorded the Rivers of America, full of fog. It was really cool.

Ah, found the video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUW4uiltkY"]YouTube - Fog on the river while walking to Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• Queentitania19
    replied

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Speaking of fog, I miss it in the Matterhorn!

Oohh.... wouldn't it be awesome if it poured with the water!

Leave a comment:

• Donald_Duck
    replied

Fog, in limited amounts, I'm for.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

The river has a built in fog system.

Leave a comment:

• ryanvalle
    replied

Fog also works well in that last room in mr. toads.

It does a great job in fogging up my glasses haha

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Speaking of fog, I miss it in the Matterhorn!

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

It would work (I mean don't out it everywhere) but in a new locations thus would work very well with the Halloween theme.

Leave a comment:

• Queentitania19
    replied

I think that a little dry ice fog would be great by HM and POTC. It would also be great in JC. Dry ice is much more show appropriate than a fog machine. They would just need to make sure it was in a place that the guests couldn't get to it. High up on the burm behind HM, coming out of the fake shops in NOS, placed strategically around JC. OOhh... wouldn't it make the ROA look spooky!

Leave a comment:

• SnorkletsMom
    replied

Light fog would look cool, but it would require fog machines all over the place, and more importantly, it would or could obscure the walkways, causing someone to trip and fall (and sue!).

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X