Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

    I love the name Bob for the Ghost in Space Moutain Ghost Galaxy, but why is his name Bob? My friends were asking me and I said I had no clue.
    Happy Halloween!!!

  • #2
    Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

    Maybe because "Ghostface" was already taken.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

      Named after Bob Iger perhaps?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

        Smilin' Bob from the "natural enhancement" commercial?

        "Space Mountain was looking a little different lately. Nobody in the park could quite figure out why."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

          Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
          Smilin' Bob from the "natural enhancement" commercial?

          "Space Mountain was looking a little different lately. Nobody in the park could quite figure out why."
          LOL, :lol:, that is hilarious!! I am wondering about that too!! That is such an odd and random name. There's no story behind it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

            It could be a Cast nickname like Bucky was for the old dragon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

              Shouldn't you be asking yourself why is there a ghost inside Space Mountain, instead?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                We're naming projections now? Oh brother...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                  Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                  We're naming projections now? Oh brother...
                  Well, it is a character in some sense. And it was probably easier and more convenient just to say "Bob" rather than, "the ghostly projection" each time. Though you could have a lot of fun coming up with new ways to say it without ever repeating.

                  Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                    Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                    Shouldn't you be asking yourself why is there a ghost inside Space Mountain, instead?
                    Some people are just never happy....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                      Sooo no one know? lol
                      Sounds like Al should put this in his next update, I would really like to know.
                      Happy Halloween!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                        Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                        Named after Bob Iger perhaps?
                        Did he have a hatchet in one hand, and Dick Cook's head in the other?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                          Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                          Shouldn't you be asking yourself why is there a ghost inside Space Mountain, instead?
                          Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                          Some people are just never happy....
                          You think this is some sort of enhancement for an already great attraction?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                            I think just 'cause it's funny. My friend asked me the same thing, and we were just laughing about it. xD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                              I'm also going to say that it's just a nickname they gave him. No different than Harold in the Matterhorn or Murphy and Bucky in Fantasmic.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                                Originally posted by sediment View Post
                                You think this is some sort of enhancement for an already great attraction?
                                The attraction is great. But this makes it better in the sense that it is unique. You are whining and complaining that the ride is already great, which it is, but why change anything. Because people want more! Do you honestly think the lines would always be over 90+ minutes if it wasn't entertaining unique and different. It gives people a reason to ride it because it is only here for 1 month. Get over it. Your original version will be back in a few weeks.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                                  Originally posted by Evan View Post
                                  I'm also going to say that it's just a nickname they gave him. No different than Harold in the Matterhorn or Murphy and Bucky in Fantasmic.

                                  I personally HATE Murphy or Bucky being used as a name for MALEFICENT, and while I will be on the extreme side for saying this, would really like to use a sandal to slap whoever cries out "MURPHY!" during Fantasmic!. Harold kinda becomes the character's name. Same thing for Bob I guess.


                                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                                    Originally posted by Evan View Post
                                    I'm also going to say that it's just a nickname they gave him. No different than Harold in the Matterhorn or Murphy and Bucky in Fantasmic.
                                    The abominable Snowman's name is Harold? and actually, it is different from the dragons because the dragon's names are meaningful. bucky is a reference to the buckteeth flamethrowers, and Murphy is a reference to its problems in Summer nightastic 2009

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                                      Well, it could've been worse. It could've been nicknamed: Spacer: The Unfriendly, Scary Space Ghost


                                      The world is a treasure trove of places.
                                      The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                                      Indy Ride Count: 2211
                                      World of Color Count: 74

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Why "Bob" for the name of the Ghost?

                                        Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                        The attraction is great. But this makes it better in the sense that it is unique. You are whining and complaining that the ride is already great, which it is, but why change anything. Because people want more! Do you honestly think the lines would always be over 90+ minutes if it wasn't entertaining unique and different. It gives people a reason to ride it because it is only here for 1 month. Get over it. Your original version will be back in a few weeks.
                                        I think differently. Get over it.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X