This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The only one?

Am I the only young adult male who likes small world non-ironically?

I mean, I like the song, I love all the different musical arrangements, and it's got a great message. World peace, man!

Re: The only one?

My grandson, age 16, won't ride the ride.

So, yes, maybe.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

I've always liked it. Yes, and I like the song too! So there!

Comment

nah, I'll admit it: I get on it at 24
        PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
        Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
        3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

I love it. Ride it every time I'm at the park.

Comment

I enjoy it.

Comment

the message is great. the song is classic. the melody is catchy. it has great air conditioning.

but it bores me to death.

last time i rode it, i went in with the most open mind.. didn't work out for me.

i feel the same way about POTC and i feel bad because i know they are treasured gems to many, and i tried to force myself to like both rides.. but it's not happening.. i think i'd rather ride Nemo if there was no wait :X
              -plagued

Comment

As a young adult male, I've found it growing on me slightly. I have a love/hate relationship with the song itself - the Sherman brothers' work is brilliant, but there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Having a message of world piece is wonderful, and I've come to appreciate much of the attraction's beauty, but I'm too put off by the lack of showmanship in some areas. Exposed ceilings and walls, visible machinery, general backstage details that normally fascinate me...as long as they're not part of the intended ride experience, which is not the case with IASW.

Bottom line, you're not the only one. I may not love the attraction, but there are many here who do, and even if there weren't, you shouldn't feel embarrassed or stupid or whatever just for having different tastes.

Comment

I haven't been on it in years because I got a bit sick of it but I plan on checking it out on my upcoming October trip with a very open mind. There has to be a reason why I loved it as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                    you shouldn't feel embarrassed or stupid or whatever just for having different tastes.
                    haha, i feel embarrassed for NOT liking it

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
                    I haven't been on it in years because I got a bit sick of it but I plan on checking it out on my upcoming October trip with a very open mind. There has to be a reason why I loved it as a kid.
                    i went in with this same mindset. i LOVED this ride as a kid, but for some reason i've lost touch with it i guess. but for some reason, Peter Pan's Flight still gets me
                    -plagued

Comment

I actually bought the 45 RPM single of the song when I was about 7 or 8. Now the song is just an earworm for me that I don't enjoy getting. Although I was on Small World last Thursday and I have to say the song is much better in person due to the high-quality sound system they have. The sound is much richer than in those tinny recordings of it you hear on the Internet. And those cooling fans you pass by in between each room are fantastic. The show is dull on your 15th or 20th run through it, but it's a nice way to relax and enjoy the cool air.

Comment

I look forward to riding it during my trips, mainly because I love the rhythm in the South Pacific section. Every ride should use that rhythm!

Duh duh duh, duh DINK DINK duh-duh. Ahhhh... :gladsad:

Comment

I'm 15, I love it.

Comment

I first rode Small World as a teenager. Loved it. Instant mind meld. Still love it. The concept, the song, the pacing, Mary Blair's color styling, the character designs, the exterior facade, the clock, the topiary, the way it looks at night, the way it looks in daytime, the whole thing.

Not the damn blue space alien they stuck in there, but nothing's perfect.

Comment

Oh, the song. I just love the music. Most find it annoying, but why? I think it's a masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by tymime View Post
                                Am I the only young adult male who likes small world non-ironically?

I mean, I like the song, I love all the different musical arrangements, and it's got a great message. World peace, man!
                                let me ask you this how long were you stuck in the middle of the ride with other boats bumping each other? i swear after 10 minutes you to would want them to send you through with a gun and score you at the end.....
                                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Maybe if the ride wasn't closed everytime I go I would be able to ride it. haha I love it though

Comment

I'm not exactly a young adult male (52), but when I was I absolutely loved it. I still do.

Though it's changed a bit over the years, it's still very relaxing and enjoyable.

Sure, the song sticks with me for the rest of the day, so what? It's a cute little melody, with a very real message.

I like slow rides anyway, and this one has the best scenery anywhere. Lots of detail.

It makes me feel about 12 again, and reminds me of a time when life was much simpler and more carefree. I can just sit back and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

I usually ride it 3 or 4 times a day, and notice something new each time. Sometimes it's something completely silly, like a ceiling tile missing, most times it's something about how a character looks or moves that I didn't notice before.

One of my favorites, for sure.

Rob

Comment

Hm... I wouldn't say I love it. But I make a point of going on it every time I'm there. The song is well written, and I'm interested in all the different audio-animatronics throughout the ride. Plus, the line moves quickly and it's nice and cool inside. And it was my favorite ride when I was little, so a part of me still loves it I guess

Comment

I don't love it or hate it, but im neutral about it. Throw in the christmas overlay, and I love it.I enjoy the greater variety and added joy they put into the christmas edition

and im 19

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X