Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Half the park closing early Oct. 27th?

A private party in conjunction with the Solar Power International convention will take over the eastern half of Disneyland from 7 to 10 p.m. on Oct. 27th. Details are at this site: Solar Power International 2009

Seems kind of ironic to have a solar power convention party at the park, while I still don't see any photovoltaic panels on the rooftops of the Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean or it's a small world show buildings, Tomorrowland buildings or any park administration buildings. You'd think that the conventioneers would choose to spend their money at a place that utilizes solar power. At any rate, guests of this party enjoy this:

Join us for the biggest solar party of the year at DisneylandDisneylandAs guests of the party you will have exclusive access to these attractions:

- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    - Frontier Shootin' Exposition

- Jungle Cruise

- Haunted Mansion
    - Pirates of the Caribbean
    - Splash Mountain

Food and Beverage
    Concession stands, bars in the streets, buffet stations, restaurants - they are all open just for you and are included in the ticket price. Roam through the park with your friends and colleagues and enjoy all the of the great offerings. Grab a drink or a snack from any of the bountiful bars and buffets scattered throughout the park. Stop at the concession stands and get popcorn, sodas, frozen lemonades, roasted turkey legs, candy, sweet treats and so much more. Pop into any of the restaurants and order from the party menus available!

Entertainment
    Entertainment abounds at Park. Catch Mickey and the gang for a photo op. Enjoy the Laughing Stock Comedy Troupe in Frontierland. Enjoy the steel drum band in Adventureland or the New Orleans Jazz Band in New Orleans Square.

Fantasmic! - Exclusively for the Solar Power International Party Guests @ 9:30 PM

So does this mean the eastern half of the park stays open to regular guests, or will it become a ghost town after 6 pm?

Re: Half the park closing early Oct. 27th?

Why would someone pay $115 for this? I guess I'm confused.
    disney world: 24
    contemporary, polynesian, caribbean beach, dolphin, wilderness lodge, dixie landings, port orleans

disneyland: 2
    next trip: september 2009 @ the disneyland hotel

Comment

All I know is it is my birthday that day...gotta make sure I get my gift card.!!

Comment

Another private party at Disneyland.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
        Save
        Sav

Comment

According to the Disneyland web site, the park is closing at 6:00 pm that day. Also, I guess the $115 isn't too bad if food and drink is included.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
            So does this mean the eastern half of the park stays open to regular guests, or will it become a ghost town after 6 pm?
            It looks like they will kick EVERYONE out at 6pm and close the park early. The party goers will only have access to the Eastern half of the park.

Comment

Well I am all for a green remodel of Tomorrowland. Hopefully this will lead the way.

Comment

If its done like normal, the gate closes to new admissions at 6 pm and the west side of Disneyland will hard close at 6 pm as well. The east side and Main Street usually stay open until 7 pm, when they hard close as well.

Comment

That's the West Side of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by maelstrom View Post
                    Why would someone pay $115 for this? I guess I'm confused.
                    That is a disincentive price. Admission is already included for "Full Conference Attendees."

Comment

Well, for that price I would eat nothing all day then be pigging out all night. I bet you could get up to $115 preeeetty quick. And that's even without the exclusive showing of Fantasmic. If you take the price of preferred seating for Fantasmic and add that to food costs and the benefit of not having to fight crowds during the month of October I think they are actually coming out ahead.
                      sigpic
                      I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                        That's the West Side of the park.
                        Yeah I was about to say...

Comment

Oops thanks, I meant western.

Comment

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
                            Well, for that price I would eat nothing all day then be pigging out all night. I bet you could get up to $115 preeeetty quick. And that's even without the exclusive showing of Fantasmic. If you take the price of preferred seating for Fantasmic and add that to food costs and the benefit of not having to fight crowds during the month of October I think they are actually coming out ahead.
                            I don't see Fantasmic! on the list of attractions or entertainment.
                            I don't see the Mark Twain, either, though.

Comment

The page does mention Fantasmic:

Fantasmic! - Exclusively for the Solar Power International Party Guests @ 9:30 PM

So I guess none of the watercraft on the river will be operating.

Comment

Not if they are having Fantasmic, because they need a few hours of prep
                                WELCOME ABOARD
                                THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I wonder why they couldn't do it after Halloween? Instead they close the park early a few days prior and exclude the fireworks and Ghost Galaxy.

Comment

The answer to every "why" question: $

Comment

Ah. It's a category unto itself!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X