This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 "The fountain of Youth"

I. Would love to hear where you heard that, I definitely don't think disney has any problem with crowd control and the other three premieres look like they worked out great. I'm going to research it, though I'm putting my money on it coming back right here to disneyland where it belongs

Comment

Originally posted by RedHandedJill View Post
      I agree. Personally, I think that they should have stopped at the first movie; the third movie was really pushing it. I understand that they're doing this next one for the fans, and of course I'll see it, but enough's enough ya know?
      didn't care for the second one.
      Didn't waste my money on the third
      and def won't waste it on the 4th.

The franchise is done.
      burnt out
      over
      no more

Now take the crap (from the movie) out of the ride
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

The third movie was overlong, but it definitely had its moments. I love that scene in which a delusional Jack is lording it over a ship full of Jack Sparrows.

Comment

Well I loved all of them! Apparently so did alot of other people.

At World's End was a box office hit, becoming the most successful film of 2007, grossing approximately $960 million worldwide, and making it the second most successful in the series.

Also, I was at Disneyland for the 3rd premiere, it was GREAT!!! I was able to get autographs from Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom to name a few, along with photos!

Go Pirates!!
          Last edited by Miss Information; 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM.
          Finding yourself lost in thought may be unfamiliar territory... Be careful!

Comment

I liked em all, three has its moments but yea I can't wait for number 4!

Comment

If Johnny Depp doesn't reprise his role as Capt. Jack, I SERIOSULY doubt that they'll continue with the 4th one. It would be seriously disappointing because Johnny Depp MAKES the whole movie! I heard a rumor that Orlando Bloom might break up with his girlfriend Miranda Kerr. If he does, he will most likely be in the 4th movie. The only reason he wasn't going to be in it, was because he wanted to spend more time with her. Him breaking up with her is just a rumor though.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Assuming the movie does make it through production, I will be sorely tempted to just not spend any money on it. I'll probably give in to my curiosity, though. But I strongly doubt this franchise will be de-jumping the shark anytime soon. Which is sad...I mean, the first film was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable moviegoing experiences I've had.

Comment

i dont think the movie will be the same without the original cast in it .. johnny depp .. keira knightly .. orlando bloom.
                  i guess we will just have to wait and see ... and until then rumors will fly!
                  feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
                  im going to be making a blog soon too
                  just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
                  myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
                  facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
                  plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
                  favorite non princess: tinkerbell

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                    This Pirate's is set in New Orleans... all the more reason for Disney to change :/
                    I have no doubt that Disney probably required it to be set in New Orleans to make it easier to promote the movie at the park.

Reading that makes me want the movie to not be made, just so Disney does not do some goofy overlay in NOS.

Comment

While the later movies could have been better, I liked them all and will likely see the 4th. That said, I liked the original Pirates attraction (pre World of Motion and PC additions) better than the current version. The mist screen is less interesting than the ominous darkness and the captain calling out "Jack Sparrow" is far less interesting than Black Beard.

Comment

If Johnny Depp doesn't reprise his role as Capt. Jack, I SERIOSULY doubt that they'll continue with the 4th one. It would be seriously disappointing because Johnny Depp MAKES the whole movie! I heard a rumor that Orlando Bloom might break up with his girlfriend Miranda Kerr. If he does, he will most likely be in the 4th movie. The only reason he wasn't going to be in it, was because he wanted to spend more time with her. Him breaking up with her is just a rumor though.
                        This was on the official IMDB page for the movie:
                        "The title was revealed by Johnny Depp in character as Jack Sparrow, at Disney's D23 Expo on September 11, 2009."

Also, Johnny was listed as being cast for Jack Sparrow already, so hopefully the page is correct
                        "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

I agree. Personally, I think that they should have stopped at the first movie; the third movie was really pushing it. I understand that they're doing this next one for the fans, and of course I'll see it, but enough's enough ya know?
                          If enough is enough then why go see it? Personally, I loved all three movies and if the next ones are just as good, with or without Jack Sparrow, then I'll be happy.

Comment

I would go see it because I love POTC, but I really wish that they weren't making another one. They'll lose loyal fans if they continue to make them. I will see the fourth, but only if Johnny Depp is in it.

Comment

Originally posted by PinBrian View Post
                              I have no doubt that Disney probably required it to be set in New Orleans to make it easier to promote the movie at the park.

Reading that makes me want the movie to not be made, just so Disney does not do some goofy overlay in NOS.
                              I wonder if they'll have the premier in New Orleans, then? They should set it for the time frame that the Pirate Convention is in town. That would be the perfect setting! They could even have it on Pirates Alley (yes, it's a real street. Check my profile album for proof)! I think I'd be really tempted to take a trip home for that!

Comment

the first one was amazeing a movie that was inspired by the ride...brilliantly executed..(3rd times a charm after HM and country bears)
                                when the sequel began filiming they didnt even have a freaking script...they had a few action sequences loosely ready. thats why when they got the script half way through..as well as the actress for dalhma the movie hit that wall..(you know what i mean) the second one was so rushed that by the time the third one was filmed it was almost like they had to mop it all up try to tie it up and leave it alone..now after what they have done to Tom sawyers island at DLR.and all the pirate merch not really movieng because the movies not pushing it anymore..you have two options...1:you have had your fun now put pirates the ride back the way it was befor johnny and co took it over.(they wont do that so they will go with option number-)2: we need another movie to keep the franchise going to make people buy the crap and buy into it all over again...
                                "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Remember that Johnny Depp appeared at the D23 expo as a favor to Dick Cook. After Cook's firing from Disney, it's a strong possibility that Depp may not want to work with the company again. Sources say that Depp has signed NO contract as yet for the film, so the entire project is up in the air.

I did attend the premiere of POTC3, not the $1500 film part, just the red carpet spectator part. It was a lot of fun, and honestly, I did not see anyone being rushed through. Everyone except Geoffrey Rush came over to us to talk and sign autographs. Rush had Jack the monkey and was waving but just walking on the carpet, no side trips. Johnny Depp was the very last down the carpet, but he was frantically signing as many autographs as he could and it just took him longer.

All 3 premieres have been held at Disneyland and although the crowds were large, everyone was well-behaved and there were no problems. I don't see why they wouldn't have another premiere there, assuming they do in fact make another POTC.

Comment

My two cents on this.

When I saw the first "Pirates" movie back in 2003, that was a great movie. Johnny Depp made it a blockbuster, and it had a very good story to it, even if it was too long. "Dead man's Chest" was entertaining, but it didn't really have a coherent story to it. For instance, what did Captain Jack Sparrow becoming the master of that tribe of Island natives have to do with getting the heart of Davy Jones? Not much really. The third movie for me was WAY too long at 169 minutes. When I first saw it, it confused me, and the whole Jack Sparrow hallucinating was kind of boring.

Since they have confirmed that they are doing a fourth movie, I feel that this is really not going to work out. With the supporting characters going thier ways, there really isn't going to be much of an engaging story to deal with. Captain Jack Sparrow is a good character, but he can't carry a whole movie to himself.

As for the ride itself, they are probably going to add more characters from the movie. While I do admit that Barbossa is a fun character (I admit that I do quote him), and having him on Pirates is okay, I do sometimes wish they would bring back the version I grew up with:

"Dead men tell no tales...."

"Ah, but he knows too much..."

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker View Post
                                      I do sometimes wish they would bring back the version I grew up with:

"Dead men tell no tales...."

"Ah, but he knows too much..."
                                      I wish it every time I ride, and not because I grew up with it that way. =/

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                                        This Pirate's is set in New Orleans... all the more reason for Disney to change :/
                                        "Jack's Showboat Jubilee"?

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                                          Everyone except Geoffrey Rush came over to us to talk and sign autographs. Rush had Jack the monkey and was waving but just walking on the carpet, no side trips.
                                          The funny thing about Geoffrey Rush, is that no one knew who he played in the movies, so that's why he had the monkey. Poor Geoffrey!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X