Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Halloween Screams viewing area?

Looking at some of the videos posted online it appears that the viewing area for the fireworks has changed since Magical.

I usually stand in front of the castle between the curb back to the railing. From what I can tell this area is now used for the walkway. Another area is in front of the statue...is that area still available?

I usually like getting as close as possible to the castle as I can. So if anyone has been what areas are designated for fireworks viewing?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Halloween Screams viewing area?

Also, I noticed a few people mentioning they couldn't see the Jack head from where they were. What area CAN you see him from?

Comment

And I would like to ask how the crowds have been this week with the fireworks running at 8PM and DL closing at the same time, anyone go Monday 9/28 or Tuesday 9/29?

Comment

I haven't noticed any change in walkways. I was at Disneyland last Saturday and the area that you mentioned (front of castle, curb to railing) was open with the exception of the center pathway since it was reserved seating. I'm not sure if you can understand what I'm describing. Maybe someone else can explain better.

Jack's head is on the left side of the castle so try to stand on to the left/centerleft. I stood on the rightside by tomorrowland entrance on the first day, and was barely able to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Brian View Post
          And I would like to ask how the crowds have been this week with the fireworks running at 8PM and DL closing at the same time, anyone go Monday 9/28 or Tuesday 9/29?
          The crowd for tonight's show was a pretty impressive turnout despite having been on a weeknight. I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the APH's decided to turn out exclusively for just the Halloween Screams fireworks, and left right after.

"Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a combat zone. It is restricted. Ease off on your main thruster."

Comment

Originally posted by Just Brian View Post
            i was there today. like Red Leader said, i'm pretty sure a lot of passholders just came for the fireworks show and nothing else.. because the crowds throughout most of the day were actually relatively light.

with the fireworks starting at the same time disneyland closed, the rush out of the park seemed a bit more congested. as did the lines for the trams to M&F parking lots.

funny thing happened though: as i made my way and boarded the tram, "My Heart Will Go On" from the movie Titanic was playing on the speakers for DownTown Disney.. it gave me this weird feeling like i was on a lifeboat, and the people that had to wait for the next tram were the ones on the sinking cruise ship. it was surreal -- i'd look at everyone waiting on the side while i sat comfortably in the tram, and their looks of desperation and tiredness from their day hit me. i felt like i was a bad guy for being on the tram and they weren't (even though the next tram was only minutes away)
            -plagued

Comment

I usually stand in the street a few feet behind the rope that connects the hub to the entrance of Tomorrowland on the Main Street side. This was optimal viewing for both "Remember..." and Magical" as both the castle and the Matterhorn were fully visible and the angle put the fireworks directly behind the castle from my vantage point. Upon viewing "Halloween Screams" from this spot, I was only able to see the left third of Jack's head. My view of Jack was mostly blocked by the window to the right of the balloon. If it were higher, everyone would be able to see it. As it was, people on the right side of the hub (facing the castle) definitely had what stadium goers refer to "obstructed view" seats. Upon the conclusion of the show, I walked over to the castle to get a better view of the unlit balloon before it was deflated. It appeared to be more lile a crystal ball on a stand design with an inflatable candlestick holder base with the globe on top. I don't know if elevating this inflatable balloon would be possible as it seemed firmly mounted to the roof of the castle. If it were redesigned for the show next year, it absolutely needs to be raised so everyone in the general area can view it as it is an important part of the overall show.As it was, I just HAD to go back the next night and selected a more centered viewing spot and had no trouble viewing Jack, Ursula, Maleficent, and Oogie Boogie. This was Saturday (day 2 of the show) and crowding was definitely a problem Cast members called the areas "standing room only" approximately 45 minutes before showtime. Usually this is done around the 10 minutes to go mark. Loved the show. I'll be there, with friends, next Sunday!
              Aside from the fireworks, I have heard no mention of the projections on Ghost Galaxy (Space Mountain) for this season. I watched, completely hypnotized, as the projections made it look AND SOUND as though some giant monster was pounding from the inside of the building, trying to get out. I watched as projections made it look like the roof was warping from some unseen force pushing from inside. I watched in amazement as the building rusted and decayed. I heard thunderous booms as paint rained down the various "pie slices" that make up the roof. A crashing sound followed by the warping of the roof followed by another boom and paint flakes rain down the sides. Gotta hand it to them on this one! This certainly had my attention (and that of the guests waiting in line) as I waited for whatever came next. The building even goes completely dark with only the spires visible in a green laser like grid that reminded me of something you'd see in "Tron". Great show both inside and out!
              One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X