Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When Will Celebrate A Street Party end?

I wish Disneyland would do something like what Magic Kingdom in FL does with their Celebrate-themed street event. They do an afternoon Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party which basically does a circle around the hub at one point in the day to do the whole "celebrate you" thing. It has a similar soundtrack to DL's Celebrate: A Street Parade and floats shaped like gifts thats stop at various points in the hub with characters that pop out the tops. There are also characters and performers who are on the ground interacting with the crowd.

BUT, they also have the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade which is themed more traditionally with Disney characters and typical floats.

It offers the best of both worlds - ideally for me, Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! around the hub and POD in the afternoon.

Comment

The day I will Celebrate Celebration Parade will be the day it gose down. That be my happyiest day in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
        The day I will Celebrate Celebration Parade will be the day it gose down. That be my happyiest day in my life.
        Saddest day of mine, I will no longer be able to "Put my hands up" or "Lets twist" and "Para SobreVivir y luchar por ella" sad sad day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by disneyguy115 View Post
          "Para SobreVivir y luchar por ella"
          It weirds me out everytime I hear that in english on the soundtrack.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by bubble_POP View Post
            You know, if TDA was smart about it, Celebrate could run along with Christmas Fantasy. Just have the girls wear cute little santa costumes lined with white fur

Ok you have my attention

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Agreed.
              I'm just waiting for the big banners
              "Celebrate the end of Celebrate!"

(No offense to all you Celebrate-Lovers, but it doesn't quite float my giant Donald balloon. Ok maybe I love the giant Donald balloon. But I never want to hear I Love Rock and Roll in a Disney park again!)
              Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              Ok you have my attention
              )

Comment

When does the clebration ever end?

A: NEVER.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoom View Post
                  It offers the best of both worlds - ideally for me, Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! around the hub and POD in the afternoon.
                  Please not Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Celebrate: A Street Party is SO much better.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
                    But I never want to hear I Love Rock and Roll in a Disney park again!)

)
                    Well if it was with the Pixar Characters that wouldn't hurt. I just can't see Alice,Goofy,Tigger,Mary and others like them with that song or Ricky Martins song. Now I know there is only 3 Disney songs in that Parade. From Jungle Book,Aladdin and Ariel.

Comment

Well if it was with the Pixar Characters that wouldn't hurt. I just can't see Alice,Goofy,Tigger,Mary and others like them with that song or Ricky Martins song. Now I know there is only 3 Disney songs in that Parade. From Jungle Book,Aladdin and Ariel.

Pixar Character's Don't fit either! Why are you sad because it dosn't have any princessess in it or Tinkerbell? I LOVe the Street tacular Not a Parade!!! But dearlty miss Parade of Dreams! Wish we'd have both!

Comment

Alrighty. After seeing CASP 105 times, I still like it, but it has definitely lost it's luster. Probably just due to me watching a lot, I really cannot wait for A Christmas Fantasy to take over for a couple months.

And I still hate I Love Rock N Roll. Never liked the song, probably never will.

Comment

I have seen it nearly every week either once or twice per visit since March 27th, the day I missed school just to wait in long lines in the structure and fight the enormous crowds on opening day! I instantly LOVED Celebrate a Street Party, when ever I'm a little down I listen to the soundtrack and It makes my day

** and yes, I wish it had the Spanish part for Para Sobrevivir y luchar por ella!** haha

Comment

The only street show I've seen one time. I hope that that horrible show never comes back. And I saw Magical 10 times, BPB 15 times, and this year I've seen PPP so many times as my alternative show.
                            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                              BINGO! It's a 'Street Party' so there's debate on it being a parade or not...but it's basically a show that stops, entertains and engages guests instead of a string of pretty floats that just roll on by.
                              Which is why I like it. I generally find a string of pretty floats kind of boring, but a stilt walker getting me to do the Swim? That's fun.
                              Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                              : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

My friend's uncle works in the entertainment department and simply refers to the parade as the 'Recession Parade' or 'Low Budget: A Street Party!'

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                                  My friend's uncle works in the entertainment department and simply refers to the parade as the 'Recession Parade' or 'Low Budget: A Street Party!'
                                  What a great job Disney can do with low budgets.

Comment

Wish I was there... haha very bad audio though

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuGnezaI16I]YouTube - Club Lucky - Celebrate! A Street Party[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                      Not soon enough apparently.

:::runs:::
                                      No need to run, there's a large contingent that feels the same way.
                                      Or are we trying to run it out of DL, forever?!?!?! Then I'll run!

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
                                      My birthday is November 23rd and I'm also really sad that I won't get to see the parade on the actual day of my birthday. It's not really fair that the Nov-Dec birthdays are excluded from the C!ASP excitement
                                      Don't forget, DL forgot Jan, Feb, and most of March Birthdays, too!
                                      Nearly half the birthdays this year didn't get the street party ~ Celebrate just was too little, too late, HECK, Parade of Dreams was a MUCH bigger celebration! Celebrate is Disney on the Cheap ~ who let paul pressler back ?

Originally posted by Eternal Disney View Post
                                      I haven't seen it yet, but what is so bad about it?
                                      Basically, because IT killed Parade of Dreams.

This was the FIRST SUMMER IN EONS that Disneyland did NOT have a Parade during the Summer. DL management should be ashamed of going to an all time low in peak season entertainment.

UGLIEST Stilt Costumes EVER!

The "floats" were the lamest in Disney history. So bland and generic they could easily be sold off to any other amusement park -

Some songs were ok, but entire lot of songs ha.d no rhyme, no reason, no theme.

Mary Poppins likes to Bang on the Drum all day?!?!?!?! Did ANYONE even think thru the entire concept of this thing.

I would say It TRIES to be a mini version Party Gras, but that would be an insult to the Party Gras Parade, which actually put a coherent theme together.

Annoying D.J.'s make the annoying songs even worse

A "Rope" conga line - yeeeshhhhhhh!

It's too short, with half the viewing area that Parade of Dreams provided, much smaller viewing area, entertaining fewer people.

It's just this sort of lack of consideration that screams that current DL management and the entertainment gurus just don't give a rip anymore, and that they prefer to drive the crowds away, rather than attract them.

Hows that for starters on "what's wrong with Celebrate"

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                                      The only street show I've seen one time. I hope that that horrible show never comes back. And I saw Magical 10 times, BPB 15 times, and this year I've seen PPP so many times as my alternative show.
                                      Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                                      My thought exactly.
                                      Sadly, Disneyland Entertainment has fallen considerably, no parade which DL guest EXPECT DL to have, no big theater show in the Fantasyland theater which use to pack 'em in. Both of these type of entertainment for kids of ALL ages, Disneyland really is falling away from that, by eliminating them completely.

Completely, and Discouraging.
                                      Last edited by Aladdin; 09-30-2009, 07:35 PM.
                                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I try to be pretty moderate and forgiving with my criticism of the mouse, but even I've gotta admit that its the turd in the punchbowl that is the "Get in Free on Your Birthday" promotion.
                                        I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

As others have said, "not soon enough."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X