Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When Will Celebrate A Street Party end?

I'm 17 and I loved it!

Comment

Celebrate will continue to run through next year. They have been getting high reviews from the guests and the majority like it. I know there are a majority of people on here that do not like it, but there are a lot of people that visit Disneyland and watch it that do. With the Celebrate theme continuing through next year, it makes even more sense to continue it.

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
        My birthday is November 23rd and I'm also really sad that I won't get to see the parade on the actual day of my birthday. It's not really fair that the Nov-Dec birthdays are excluded from the C!ASP excitement
        Mine is Nov. 23rd also! But unlike you I will be glad that "Celebrate! A street clogging party" wont be happening. I will be using my Fun Card to buy a Holiday Tour and enjoy the Christmas parade.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok. I'm under 18, I'll give you that. I adore PPP and BPB and yet I don't like Celebrate. That must say something.

Celebrate will continue to run through next year. They have been getting high reviews from the guests and the majority like it. I know there are a majority of people on here that do not like it, but there are a lot of people that visit Disneyland and watch it that do. With the Celebrate theme continuing through next year, it makes even more sense to continue it.
          I'm pretty sure we said the exact thing about PoD at one point, and that was pretty high too. If it returns at all, since it will be 55th, it should come back sharing the street.
          Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
          "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
          -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
          -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
            I'm pretty sure we said the exact thing about PoD at one point, and that was pretty high too. If it returns at all, since it will be 55th, it should come back sharing the street.
            As of right now it is coming back. Does it share the street with another parade? That I don't know.

Comment

I'm on the other side of 30 and truly enjoy Celebrate! From time to time I've even watched the first show stop at IASW and then raced down to Main St. to catch the third show stop too. I like it that much.

Back on topic to the OP, I'm hoping that we see Celebrate run at least a week or so into November before they break to get ready for A Christmas Fantasy. Although last year doesn't mean it'll happen this year too, but POD closed on Nov. 11 (or 12) and then ACF started on Nov. 21. So it's certainly possible we'll Celebrate for a week or so in Nov.

Wait, I just checked the November Calendar on Disneyland.com. While it's not always accurate (haha), they just released schedule information through Nov. 12 and it's showing that Celebrate will be running through that date. But definitely keep checking the site as it's been known to change information regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                I'm actually curious and wanted to do a scientific study of those who love it. Are you under the age of 18? 25+? I'm not doing this because I'll make fun of you. I'm really just interested about the demographic that absolutely loves it.
                14 and I love it. Hate Hannah Montana. Hate Robert Pattinson. Hate most bands popular today. Used to hate Jonas Brothers (I've become used to them). Love Celebrate.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

This 43 year old is NOT a fan.
                  In fact, I sort of feel like Disney has so overused the word "celebrate" that I never want to hear it again. It's like the birthday promotion - it was once defensible to say that your birthday was all about YOU... but going to Disneyland on your birthday now just shatters that illusion by showing how many other people have the same birthday. Far from making a Celebration a unique and special thing, Disney's CELEBRATION overload just makes it common and not very special at all.
                  The "street party" is not really very entertaining, and the way it stops and starts makes it sooooo looooonnnnngggg - with the obvious traffic-tying results along the route.
                  The sooner they drop the whole CELEBRATION!!!! thing, the better.
                  Including that rather bizarre looking Mickey planting at the entrance.
                  MiceChat from Main Street.
                  MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, pLearn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

Comment

Thanks for responding with your ages. The demographic is definitely shifting towards the tweens with a few exceptions.

I'm 31 and don't care for it. But I think the different age groups are seeing it in completely different ways. Those who love it look at it for what it is and enjoy it. Those who don't, mainly don't like it because they see it as Disney cheapening out and not delivering the same tradition of high quality shows that they have been known for decades.

Celebrate itself isn't a bad show, but it's not a headliner. Shows like this used to be the type of thing you'd see in Carnation Gardens stage. Celebrate can be fun if you allow it to be, but I expect a lot more from Disney. Celebrate is a 1-trick pony and not interesting enough for me. You can look at it once and you've seen it all.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Also like I said. I have nothing agaist the dancers I really think they are very great at it but it's the music along with the Disney characters and the floats what turns it down. I'm glad they didn't add the Prince and Princess to this just think of having Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing to Ricky Martain or have Belle and Beast do the twist I couldn't eye that to happen. OK I think only one Disney character out of the whole Disney group that can get away with this music and that is Genie. He is coming [ms] but anyone else forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                        Also like I said. I have nothing agaist the dancers I really think they are very great at it but it's the music along with the Disney characters and the floats what turns it down. I'm glad they didn't add the Prince and Princess to this just think of having Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing to Ricky Martain or have Belle and Beast do the twist I couldn't eye that to happen. OK I think only one Disney character out of the whole Disney group that can get away with this music and that is Genie. He is coming [ms] but anyone else forget it.

I think it's fine to see the basic disney characters doing whatever dance as well. They have always kept up with the times.

Comment

Love this show. for those that don't, we are fortunate that there are many other options for you to do during the time that it is running.

I think the music fits the show and is fun. Take a look at the kids when they have the chance to have the character interactions during it. Maybe it is because I have worked with street marching bands for 14 years, but from the design and entertainment aspect, the show works.

Go on to that video website and look at the parade that is happening at WDW. The floats are kinda cool, but it in no way has the energy and excitement and magic that Celebrate has.
                          There is definitley a time and a place for the more traditional parade and I also loved Parade of Dreams. They are both great for what they are.

And yes, I like the halloween fireworks as well.

Can't wait to see them both again tomorrow!
                          Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo4 View Post
                            I'm on the other side of 30 and truly enjoy Celebrate! From time to time I've even watched the first show stop at IASW and then raced down to Main St. to catch the third show stop too. I like it that much.

Back on topic to the OP, I'm hoping that we see Celebrate run at least a week or so into November before they break to get ready for A Christmas Fantasy. Although last year doesn't mean it'll happen this year too, but POD closed on Nov. 11 (or 12) and then ACF started on Nov. 21. So it's certainly possible we'll Celebrate for a week or so in Nov.

Wait, I just checked the November Calendar on Disneyland.com. While it's not always accurate (haha), they just released schedule information through Nov. 12 and it's showing that Celebrate will be running through that date. But definitely keep checking the site as it's been known to change information regularly.
                            Woo sounds great! Thank you!

Comment

I think it's fun. I didn't like it at first (the whole "it's not really Disney" thing) but it grew on me. And that's that I work on Main St. and I hear/see the "parade" pretty often. I understand the people who think Disney should stick to tradition, I was kinda one of them, but it's ok to change things up every now and then. It's a really fun show more than anything and isn't that a big part of what Disneyland is all about?!? Plus, the kids love it.
                              I have nothing but respect for the singers, dancers, characters, characters/dancers, stilt walkers, and even the bike riders. (there are some tight spots they have to ride through ))
                              I really hope that they hear a lot more positive feedback than negative. I also hope that they're having as much fun as they look like they're having every time they perform for the guests. Cuz when you think about it, anybody who is waiting along the route either already likes the show or is hoping to see a great one. Personally, I think they do get a great one.
                              Again, respect to ALL the performers. :bow: You give it your all and your doing a great job. :thumbup: Keep it up! :yea:
                              sigpic

Comment

I have many things against Celebrate... First, the floats look horrid. I mean seriously, people on bikes with banners and weird things behind them? Those big floats with a bike-handle steering wheel... It just looks horrid.

If it returns next year, it'll be a big mistake. I really don't care if the little brainwashed kids like it (no offence), it creates so much traffic on Main Street because people are interacting. Plus, none of the characters fit in.. Plus, none of the music is theirs, other than that horrible Hannah Montana soundtrack they have in there.

My ranting is over. 3 hours of sleep.

Goodnight, or good morning.

Comment

This is more for the people that don't like Celebrate and was wondering what you thought about the Main Street Hop.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhFN6CG1egk]YouTube - Disneyland Main Street Hop - Part 1[/ame]
                                  [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueHm3aJkQdI]YouTube - Disneyland Main Street Hop - Part 2[/ame]
                                  [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdfuToq8AAM]YouTube - Disneyland Main Street Hop - Part 3[/ame]
                                  [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT0jv5SFs8M]YouTube - Disneyland Main Street Hop - Part 4[/ame]

Comment

The Main Street Hop isn't great either, but it's more nostalgic and entertaining and wholesome that way. It doesn't have an awful obnoxious DJ / Singer either. And the name "Main Street Hop" is pretty specific to a specific genre of music as well. If you're not into it, you're definitely not going to like it. I happen to love those songs more than the Celebrate songs.

They're very similar in the type of show.

Comment

Originally posted by Theoretical View Post
                                      If it returns next year, it'll be a big mistake. I really don't care if the little brainwashed kids like it (no offence)
                                      I'm sorry, no. I take FULL offence to that. Are you saying that I can't make my own mind up? There was no brainwashing going ion in the process of me loving Celebrate.
                                      Last edited by Dreamer20k; 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

I should append my "don't like" with this caveat: no one forces me to attend the parade, and there are hundreds of other things at Disneyland that I adore -- I'm only too happy to let others enjoy it while I do something else.

Wow, it's all too easy to get negative here, even though Disneyland is one place that always makes me happy. Weird.
                                        MiceChat from Main Street.
                                        MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, pLearn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

Comment

I don't think Celebrate should return next year. I've seen it about 6 times so far, however I've seen Pixar Play Parade well over twice that many times since CASP debuted.

It's a good show, and I think every single Cast Member in that show does a terrific job. But I think they're definitely ready for something new too.

Next year we should get The Worlds of Wonder Parade like we were supposed to, or even Parade of Dreams. But not Celebrate. I think a year is enough.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X