Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: When Will Celebrate A Street Party end?

Originally posted by TheGr8K8 View Post
    Well obviously hon! But as rabid Disney fans we're all gonna watch it a few times and give our fan critique and pick it apart and make a decision based on what we feel about it.

It seems I fall into the "over 18 years old" percentage that are not interested in seeing bright colors, balloons and Disney characters dancing to main stream pop music and the like.
    I beg to differ. Rather than saying your opinion that you don't like this parade, You bring up the stupidest facts that are not true and bash and complain so much until the parade goes away.
    Last edited by The T; 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roxystar68 View Post
      I'm sure this has been asked before, or maybe I just don't know something about the rights, but why do they have "You Can't Stop the Beat" playing? Did Disney pay for the song? My boyfriend and I were shocked to hear it at the park.
      Well, you can say that about the others songs that are used in C!ASP. They most likely paid and asked for permission to use it.

Comment

Yeah true. I just thought it was strange hearing a song from a contemporary musical there. It's like if they played Defying Gravity at the park. I mean they do it in movies (like Hello Dolly in Wall-E) and Oklahoma on Main Street, but it just seems different.
        The daydream princess

Comment

True. Sometimes it's nice to break away from the typical Disney songs though. Pixar Play Parade does it very well, and while adding a little twist to it.

Comment

Yes, agreed!
            The daydream princess

Comment

It seems I fall into the "over 18 years old" percentage that are not interested in seeing bright colors, balloons and Disney characters dancing to main stream pop music and the like.
              And it seems that I fall into the "over 18 years old" percentage that are interested in seeing bright colors, balloons and Disney characters dancing to main stream pop music and the like.

Seriously, what does age have to do with it? I've seen grandmas and toddlers and every age and gender in between having a good time watching Celebrate. It's supposed to be a street party, it's supposed to be fun, relax those sphincters and learn how to enjoy yourself. Or go do something else, it's pretty simple.

Comment

LOL Oh good grief folks, I'm not the first to say these things, I'm repeating things said previously in the thread, don't attack me over it. Did you read the thread? Someone did a role call on who liked it and a majority of the fans were under 18. RELAX.
                DLR/DCA: x10: 2019,2015,2014,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012,2003,1999
                WDW: 1x 2009
                Tall Ship Sailor: ‚ÄčLady Washington 2011

Comment

Okay darlin, I'm not gonna argue about it with ya. I just watched the two parades again to be better educated in it and the "Heeeey, get up, get loud, start pumpin up the party now" is identical. That's all I'm sayin.
                  The picture I showed you is from Celebrate A Dream Come True...the parade with Pumpin' Up The Party is Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

LOL Oh good grief folks, I'm not the first to say these things, I'm repeating things said previously in the thread, don't attack me over it. Did you read the thread? Someone did a role call on who liked it and a majority of the fans were under 18. RELAX.
                    Nobody's attacking you, maybe you should take your own advice.

Comment

I did not attack anyone at any point hon....am I in the twilight zone? wow.
                      DLR/DCA: x10: 2019,2015,2014,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012,2003,1999
                      WDW: 1x 2009
                      Tall Ship Sailor: ‚ÄčLady Washington 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                        The only street show I've seen one time. I hope that that horrible show never comes back. And I saw Magical 10 times, BPB 15 times, and this year I've seen PPP so many times as my alternative show.
                        That is your opinion, quit whining please.

Comment

I did not attack anyone at any point hon....am I in the twilight zone? wow.
                          I think he meant that you should relax.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, it can't close fast enough. It's painful to watch. Their shows have been corny, but this is almost insultingly cheesy. The music doesn't work sung by that soulless PTA choir they call vocalist, I agree about the characters doing the dancing not making any sense (particularly Gepetto and Pinocchio dancing together...WEIRD!), and the "floats" are the cheapest tackiest thing they've ever created. As far as people saying it's coming back next year for the 55th. I don't know about that because, Worlds of Wonder parade is coming in for that promotion, I just don't know when exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
                              As far as I'm concerned, it can't close fast enough. It's painful to watch. Their shows have been corny, but this is almost insultingly cheesy. The music doesn't work sung by that soulless PTA choir they call vocalist, I agree about the characters doing the dancing not making any sense (particularly Gepetto and Pinocchio dancing together...WEIRD!), and the "floats" are the cheapest tackiest thing they've ever created. As far as people saying it's coming back next year for the 55th. I don't know about that because, Worlds of Wonder parade is coming in for that promotion, I just don't know when exactly.
                              World of Wonder hasn't even been confirmed.

Comment

I try not to watch this peace of junk parade but when they block the way you want to go at I have no choice to watch this trash of parade I can't wait tell the Christmas Fantasy parade comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                                  I try not to watch this peace of junk parade but when they block the way you want to go at I have no choice to watch this trash of parade I can't wait tell the Christmas Fantasy parade comes out.
                                  And that is why there's always an alternative route and why the cast members always make sure there are walkways

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Then tell me how you get from the front of the castle to say Pixie Hollow when they block it it's happen to me about 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                                      Then tell me how you get from the front of the castle to say Pixie Hollow when they block it it's happen to me about 3 times.
                                      You go through Tomorrowland, toward Finding Nemo subs, and then to the side of the Matterhorn. It's not that big a deal. Just tell the CM that says that the portion of the park is closed that you're just going to Pixie Hallow and then they'll direct you.

Comment

I try that and they will not let me they close the castle up so you can't walk in there so see I can't get to there. That's one reason now I try to hit Pixie Hollow first before that trash parade begins. I'm sorry that I'm so netive with this but it's just a bad parade. I even take Parade of the Stars over this one any day.

Comment

To everybody who keeps saying that they need to get rid of the parade or it sucks or you don't like it and blahblahblah, you really need to stop being so selfish. I mean, I value your opinion, but when you're at the parks and other people are watching the show do you see them with disgusted or upset looks on their faces? No. You see them all enjoying themselves, dancing along and having a fun time. C!ASP brings a fun interaction to the viewers and its a nice change from the traditional parades that just past by. Don't get me wrong, I love those parades too, but still. Besides, have you also seen the looks on the small children's faces when they are invited to join in and dance or are handed the drum to bang along? Its adorable, they're so happy to be apart of it! Cut the show some slack, because in reality, it actually does make a lot of people happy; which is totally the point.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X