Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: When Will Celebrate A Street Party end?

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I try that and they will not let me they close the castle up so you can't walk in there so see I can't get to there. That's one reason now I try to hit Pixie Hollow first before that trash parade begins. I'm sorry that I'm so netive with this but it's just a bad parade. I even take Parade of the Stars over this one any day.
    If you're in front of the castle when Celebrate hits the Hub, or second show stop, then you go toward Main St on the side of Frontierland/Adventureland. Then you cross the street, and head toward Tomorrowland. It's seriously not that hard.

OR, if you want to go through Fantasyland, then you go to the side of the Castle through Frontierland, walk through Fantasyland, walk around the Matterhorn toward Tomorrowland, and then go visit Pixie Hallow

Comment

Ok wow, the last few pages. Now I'm wondering when this thread will end.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
        Ok wow, the last few pages. Now I'm wondering when this thread will end.
        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
          to everybody who keeps saying that they need to get rid of the parade or it sucks or you don't like it and blahblahblah, you really need to stop being so selfish. I mean, i value your opinion, but when you're at the parks and other people are watching the show do you see them with disgusted or upset looks on their faces? No. You see them all enjoying themselves, dancing along and having a fun time. C!asp brings a fun interaction to the viewers and its a nice change from the traditional parades that just past by. Don't get me wrong, i love those parades too, but still. Besides, have you also seen the looks on the small children's faces when they are invited to join in and dance or are handed the drum to bang along? Its adorable, they're so happy to be apart of it! Cut the show some slack, because in reality, it actually does make a lot of people happy; which is totally the point.
          so much win!!!

Comment

Well, it is at least half the length of PoD, so it's easier to get around.

BUT, at the same time, it has less than half the viewing area also, which means it's not being selfish to want this thang to go buh-bye, so more people can view a higher quality parade. In fact it's just the opposite, wanting higher quality, for more guests to enjoy, instead of shoddy parade units, all of which didn't even arrive until nearly half way through the year.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I'm personally just not a fan of street / block parties in this fashion. I get ridiculously bored of sitting in front of the same float or same performer(s)... or in this case, the same obnoxious singer. This is one main reason why I couldnt' stand the Pixar Block Party Bash... and they actually spent some effort into those! I always ended up in front of the Toy Story float and I wanted to see some other characters for a change.

It's a parade route. Let's see a parade.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Question: If you are a guest looking for a magical moment from a parade, do you prefer to have a Princess wave to you (or at least you think she is waving to you, it could be the person next to) or to have a character and/or performer dance with you? For me, just a high five from them can make my day. I love taking pictures and have shot pictures of Pixar Play Parade, Block Party Bash, Parade of Dreams, A Christmas Fantasy Parade and of course Celebrate. Celebrate is my favorite, because I truly enjoy the interaction between me and the cast and find it completely priceless to see nothing but smiles and happiness on all of the guests' faces as they get to be a part of the show. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything.

Comment

C!ASP has actually grown on me. Not saying it's the best or anything like that, I do enjoy the music and performers.
                  sigpic
                  Home away from Home.

Comment

Hopefully next year Disneyland has a new parade. Celebrate: A Street Party has overstayed it's welcome.
                    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Yeah, CASP has overstayed it's welcome in the year of "What Will You Celebrate?".

Comment

Wow! I figured this could get a little heated but a few of those pages since my last post got surprisingly heated. I felt like I should have been pulling people away from each other. ) And when you think about it, this thread is kinda waaaaay of topic if the OP just wanted their simple 'lil question answered.
                        I love how passionate the arguments are on both sides though. Well, except for the ones that are pretty much just "it's lame! get rid of it!"
                        Somebody should start a couple clubs. C!ASP Haters vs. C!ASP Lovers/Defenders. Just to see how many people join each club. If you read my last post (#74) you'll know which club I'd be in. Ooo ooo ooo! And whichever club ends up having the most members wins. The other club would have to vow never bash or defend C!ASP EVER AGAIN! Yeah... that'll happen! :lol:
                        I am now done being a tad bit off topic myself. See y'all around. Have fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

At the current moment Celebrate will be coming back after Christmas parade and will stay during the 55th anniversary. World of Wonder, at the moment, has been put on hold as far as I've heard.

Comment

I absolutely ADORE Celebrate, And so does my best friend (I'm 17 and shes 16)

She and I love it, it's a great show.

And to all the people that don't like it, just don't watch it. There is no contract that you have to sign while entering Disneyland stating that you promise to watch it. Just walk away and move on, go have fun doing something different.

Comment

I think that the street party atmosphere is more of a Cali Adventure thing. Disney is (fortunatly and unfortunately) gripped in a large amount of nostalgia and people who have either grown up in the park, or have fond memories of specific things from vacations want to relive those and share them with family.

I know a lot of people (expecially on here where the level of intrest is very high) who were absolutly devistated to find out "their ride" has been removed.

The real problem will be in 20 years when grandparents who remember the classic pre-DCA Disneyland of the 80's are with their kids who remember Disneyland as it was around 2000, and then their kids who know Disneyand as having dance parades and digital 3D rides.

That is why everyone here is so set in their opinion. The kids who are loving every minute of CASP aren't fondly attached to the old parades. It's the same for everything. (Peoplemover, Toad in MK, etc, etc...)

Comment

Trevor, also, it's about quality of entertainment and it's themeing, or in the case of the street party, it's lack of a cohesive theme. It's also a continued downward spiral of the entertainment department. Entertainment venues becoming downgraded until practically nothing is left. Goldhorse Jamboree, gone, nothing in festival arena, the majority of the Fantasyland Theater sits practically unused, Highly themed parade with a wide variety of costumes get whittled away to practically nothing with the street party. It's just another step in DL management not giving a crap about the deterioration of so many entertainment venues within Disneyland.
                                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by The T View Post
                                  That is your opinion, quit whining please.
                                  Yes, and this is a message board for opinions, quit whining.

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
                                  To everybody who keeps saying that they need to get rid of the parade or it sucks or you don't like it and blahblahblah, you really need to stop being so selfish. I mean, I value your opinion, but when you're at the parks and other people are watching the show do you see them with disgusted or upset looks on their faces? No. You see them all enjoying themselves, dancing along and having a fun time. C!ASP brings a fun interaction to the viewers and its a nice change from the traditional parades that just past by. Don't get me wrong, I love those parades too, but still. Besides, have you also seen the looks on the small children's faces when they are invited to join in and dance or are handed the drum to bang along? Its adorable, they're so happy to be apart of it! Cut the show some slack, because in reality, it actually does make a lot of people happy; which is totally the point.
                                  Selfish?? For not getting the same street entertainment as the other Disney parks but instead getting stuck with a street party being passed off as the feature street entertainment offering? You must be on some other planet, because with the amount of money the park charges, we should get the best "Disney" quality.

Disney is famous for its street entertainment because of its quality, and I have a problem with Celebrate because it attempts to pass itself off as the best quality Disney can offer. How does it try to pass itself off? Because it is the only street entertainment.

To be honest, Winnie the Pooh in CC makes kids happy, why doesn't Disney build all rides like Pooh if it does so. In fact, most everything at Disneyland makes people happy, so why should Disney bother doing extra?

"Cute" isn't the same as "Spectacular". Spectacular used to be Disney. This party is perfect for a small noon show, if Disney brings this show back to call it feature entertainment again next year, I will be disappointed.
                                  Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                  "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                  -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                  -August 2nd 2010

Comment

I would like a real parade at disneyland again. Or they could just bring back the mainstreet electrical parade where it belongs. Eh oh well, I'll be over at DCA anyways enjoying World of Color.
                                    ):lol::blush::bow::yea::sleep::thumbup::captain::clap::geek::im theone::meet::ap::squeeze::smart::angel:dMom

Oh how I love smiles!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                                      Trevor, also, it's about quality of entertainment and it's themeing, or in the case of the street party, it's lack of a cohesive theme. It's also a continued downward spiral of the entertainment department. Entertainment venues becoming downgraded until practically nothing is left. Goldhorse Jamboree, gone, nothing in festival arena, the majority of the Fantasyland Theater sits practically unused, Highly themed parade with a wide variety of costumes get whittled away to practically nothing with the street party. It's just another step in DL management not giving a crap about the deterioration of so many entertainment venues within Disneyland.
                                      There are many things wrong with CASP. We all know that volumes could be written about the causes of what is happening in Disneyland such as theme deterioration and lackluster entertainment. You have touched on only a few of many aspects but what I spoke to was the one that is big for me.

Comment

Looks like Celebrate! A Street Party will have its last 2009 performance on Nov 12, and A Christmas Fantasy Parade will take over on Nov 13.

Calendar
                                        "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Comment

For me it has nothing to do with the whole crazy "theme" issue going on in DL, or a "purist" vs. whatever sort of thing. That has nothing to do with it.

For me, it simply is about getting a whole lot less - in terms of production design, artistry, concept, theatricality, etc... Quality.
                                          And for the last time for those getting so heated because they love Celebrate - heads up, I love it too. I enjoyed the hell out of it every time I saw it from all sorts of different angles. I just know what Disney is capable of...Celebrate is an absolutely wonderful live production with a stellar cast and crew.

The issue is that it should not have completely replaced and cut short a parade production on the quality and artistic level of a Parade of Dreams level of production (which is a full, large scale, proper parade production Disney and WDI-CE is more than capable of creating and running...and should be offering to its guests coming into - of all places - the diamond, the crown jewel of Disney parks...the original Disneyland).

Running alongside a proper parade production ala POD as an additional seasonal offering in honor of the Celebrate campaign is just fine...as a total replacement-that's my issue. And it continues when I hear that it is going to continue to run and thus push back, or cancel, a new proper parade production that we have been rumored to get.
                                          (and then it doesn't help that Fantasyland Theater has been shuttered either).
                                          Last edited by tcsnwhite; 10-05-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X