X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex E
    Banned User
    • Mar 2008

Re: When Will Celebrate A Street Party end?

Originally posted by Theoretical View Post
    If it returns next year, it'll be a big mistake. I really don't care if the little brainwashed kids like it (no offence).
    Ahem... We decide for ourselves what we like...

Comment

• Coheteboy
      Starcruiser.. crash crash
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Rongo View Post
      I should append my "don't like" with this caveat: no one forces me to attend the parade, and there are hundreds of other things at Disneyland that I adore -- I'm only too happy to let others enjoy it while I do something else.

Wow, it's all too easy to get negative here, even though Disneyland is one place that always makes me happy. Weird.

Agreed. Never have I thought that those who like it are idiots. It's just a matter of taste or opinion. It's something I might actually like if they took it in a different direction. It's just not a proper replacement for their traditional parades and I still can't get the image of Pooh dancing to Ricky Martin music out of my mind. It's horrifying to me.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Donald1980
        Disney is home
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
        I don't think Celebrate should return next year. I've seen it about 6 times so far, however I've seen Pixar Play Parade well over twice that many times since CASP debuted.

It's a good show, and I think every single Cast Member in that show does a terrific job. But I think they're definitely ready for something new too.

Next year we should get The Worlds of Wonder Parade like we were supposed to, or even Parade of Dreams. But not Celebrate. I think a year is enough.
        Again as of right now, Celebrate is coming back next year. The reviews that Disney is getting from the "overall" guests at the park are very high. Overall the guests enjoy Celebrate because of the wonderful memories the Cast are making with each guest. A lot of people give Celebrate a bad review because it's not POD, or because they don't like the way the floats look or the music. But what makes Celebrate so special and so enjoyable, is the special magic that gets made for the overall guest. POD was a wonderful parade, but me personally, I never got that special magical memory that I get from Celebrate.
        Last edited by Donald1980; 10-02-2009, 01:49 PM. Reason: added the word "dont" in front of "like the way the floats look"

Comment

• Alex E
          Banned User
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
          Again as of right now, Celebrate is coming back next year. The reviews that Disney is getting from the "overall" guests at the park are very high. Overall the guests enjoy Celebrate because of the wonderful memories the Cast are making with each guest. A lot of people give Celebrate a bad review because it's not POD, or because they like the way the floats look or the music. But what makes Celebrate so special and so enjoyable, is the special magic that gets made for the overall guest. POD was a wonderful parade, but me personally, I never got that special magical memory that I get from Celebrate.
          Oh wow. Oh well. I can Celebrate next year too I guess.

Comment

• poohbear647
            poohbear is dope
            • May 2009

i hate it i want it to go now

been to diseny land 28 time and im 13

Comment

• tcsnwhite
              Creative Director
              • Jan 2005

So what happened to "World's of Wonder" ?

This is the issue - Celebrate would be fine if it were running alongside a TRUE Disney quality parade production. While Celebrate is fun and colorful, it is absolutely clear that the reason why this is continuing to run is because the cost of creating and the cost of running it is most likely much less than that of a proper parade production like Parade of Dreams.

Look, let me make this clear - while I personally want a true Disney parade back in DL, that does NOT mean I am bashing Celebrate. Quite the opposite...it's quite a bit of fun. But the fact that this replaced something on the quality and production level of a Parade of Dreams is what rubs me the wrong way.
              The issue is not personal taste - the issue is the we are getting a whole lot LESS when it comes to quality, artistry, and especially design in the actual production. The cast and crew is always phenomenal, no doubt...but it is clear that this is not on the artistic level that Disney and WDI-CE are truly capable of putting out. If you don't believe me, go take a look back at POD, Jubilation! in Tokyo, HKDL's Glow in the park, etc....

Truly, if you don't think you are getting 'jipped' with the sad state of Disneyland Resort's entertainment - in particular the lack of a true parade production for Disneyland and a proper show in the Fantasyland Theater - then one needs to take a trip to youtube to see the incredible artistry on display at the other parks worldwide.

Comment

• Donald1980
                Disney is home
                • Aug 2006

No one said there woudn't be a new parade next year. Just as of right now Celebrate will continue. There might be two parades, who knows.

Comment

• MonstersGoBoo!
                  You didn't see anything!
                  • Jun 2008

Yesterday when I left the 3rd show stop, I heard many positive things coming from guests all over the place. The one word that was used the most was "fun". Sorry if it's not a quality show to some of you, but it lets other people have fun by enjoying music that is known far and wide, dances that are popular, and of course the performers creating some great memories. For what's been happening in the entertainment department with the budget, it's really great for the lack of funds that they had.

Originally posted by poohbear647 View Post
                  i hate it i want it to go now

been to diseny land 28 time and im 13
                  Cool story bro.

Comment

• TheGr8K8
                    Katella
                    • Jun 2009

I feel that the point being made regarding the musical choices is a very valid one. We don't go to Disneyland to hear main stream pop music or oldies, we go to hear Disney related EVERYTHING. Remember why Walt wanted no Newspapers sold in DLR? Because it ruins the magic, I feel that hearing Ricky Martin or anything outside the Magical World of Disney ruins the magic.

Also, the floats are pretty cheesetastic and 90s lookin...as is the theme song of the party. And seriously? The dancer chicks have matching little strips of color in their hair for their entire matching color costumes, it's kinda ridiculous and reminds me again of the 90s. To top it off, it kinda ruins the magic as well to see random people dancing that have costumes on that have nothing to do with Disney or their typical costumes. I appreciated that POD had dancers between each float that matched the theme and were clearly Disney.

Honestly when I heard that it was going to have a conga line I pictured thousands of psychotic parents punching each other because OMG LITTLE TIMMY DESERVES TO BE IN THIS CONGA LINE MORE THAN ALL THE REST OF THE KIDS, I'm surprised it's going so well!
                    DLR/DCA: x11:
                    WDW: 1x 2009
                    Tall Ship Sailor: ​Lady Washington 2011

Comment

• Capt Hook
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2006

This parade is mush better then Celebration I would have this one around again before I see Celebration again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHpVl2VQens]YouTube - Happiest place on earth[/ame]

Comment

• MonstersGoBoo!
                        You didn't see anything!
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by TheGr8K8 View Post
                        I feel that the point being made regarding the musical choices is a very valid one. We don't go to Disneyland to hear main stream pop music or oldies, we go to hear Disney related EVERYTHING. Remember why Walt wanted no Newspapers sold in DLR? Because it ruins the magic, I feel that hearing Ricky Martin or anything outside the Magical World of Disney ruins the magic.
                        So in the Main St. music loop "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" from Hello Dolly, which (last time I checked) isn't Disney... So hey, I guess that ruins the Disney magic.

Also, the floats are pretty cheesetastic and 90s lookin...as is the theme song of the party. And seriously? The dancer chicks have matching little strips of color in their hair for their entire matching color costumes, it's kinda ridiculous and reminds me again of the 90s. To top it off, it kinda ruins the magic as well to see random people dancing that have costumes on that have nothing to do with Disney or their typical costumes. I appreciated that POD had dancers between each float that matched the theme and were clearly Disney.
                        Going to agree on the floats, but uh....

Where's the yellow streaks in her hair?

Where's her purple streaks?

I don't see it... So where are you seeing it? And please, don't compare this to POD. This is supposed to be a STREET PARTY. It's theme is a PARTY. Therefore, you dress like you're about to PARTY, which is what was accomplished.

Honestly when I heard that it was going to have a conga line I pictured thousands of psychotic parents punching each other because OMG LITTLE TIMMY DESERVES TO BE IN THIS CONGA LINE MORE THAN ALL THE REST OF THE KIDS, I'm surprised it's going so well!
                        This doesn't happen whatsoever. The performers and parade overseers (I don't know their proper title) do a fantastic job to make sure everyone is safe.

Just curious, but have you even seen this? Because based off what you've been saying, it seems like you haven't...

Comment

• TheGr8K8
                          Katella
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                          So in the Main St. music loop "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" from Hello Dolly, which (last time I checked) isn't Disney... So hey, I guess that ruins the Disney magic.

Going to agree on the floats, but uh....

Where's the yellow streaks in her hair?

Where's her purple streaks?

I don't see it... So where are you seeing it? And please, don't compare this to POD. This is supposed to be a STREET PARTY. It's theme is a PARTY. Therefore, you dress like you're about to PARTY, which is what was accomplished.

This doesn't happen whatsoever. The performers and parade overseers (I don't know their proper title) do a fantastic job to make sure everyone is safe.

Just curious, but have you even seen this? Because based off what you've been saying, it seems like you haven't...
                          I've watched tons of videos of this on Youtube since the day it premiered, one of them I watched with a close friend who is as big a fan of Disney as I am and she was the one who pointed out the hair streaks, glad they are no longer there. I think they had all of the girls wearing identical bob wigs at one point with a streak of matching color.

I am in no way comparing it to POD, I am stating that as an example since both "performances" include between float dancers.

I'm aware, as well, that nobody has been punching anyone, I was just saying that was what I expected when they first released the sketch and details on what was to come, months before it premiered. I know how people behave with characters so I logically thought it would be the same with this being a limited conga line. Every parent will want to see their kid go out there.

Comment

• Dreamer20k
                            Following the Second Star
                            • Mar 2008

I've watched tons of videos of this on Youtube since the day it premiered, one of them I watched with a close friend who is as big a fan of Disney as I am and she was the one who pointed out the hair streaks, glad they are no longer there. I think they had all of the girls wearing identical bob wigs at one point with a streak of matching color.
                            I do believe you're thinking of the WDW parade:

I was there opening day and there were no streaks.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

• TheGr8K8
                              Katella
                              • Jun 2009

Ah, I guess I confused the two...the theme song is the same.

Comment

• Dreamer20k
                                Following the Second Star
                                • Mar 2008

Ah, I guess I confused the two...the theme song is the same.
                                It's baaaaarely the same. The WDW version of Celebrate You! is very similar to the version of Welcome in PoD because it was going to replace Welcome if PoD came back. In Celebrate! the song is very different a bit faster.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

• TheGr8K8
                                  Katella
                                  • Jun 2009

Okay darlin, I'm not gonna argue about it with ya. I just watched the two parades again to be better educated in it and the "Heeeey, get up, get loud, start pumpin up the party now" is identical. That's all I'm sayin.

Comment

• MonstersGoBoo!
                                    You didn't see anything!
                                    • Jun 2008

Yeah, Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! uses Pumpin' Up The Party also. The theme song is Celebrate You.
                                    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 10-02-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• The T
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Oct 2009

Hi and yes I am new here. I was reading this fourm and I can't stand people who bash this street party. And I decided to join in on this conversation, and this what I have to say about it. If you don't like, don't bother watching it.

Comment

• TheGr8K8
                                        Katella
                                        • Jun 2009

Well obviously hon! But as rabid Disney fans we're all gonna watch it a few times and give our fan critique and pick it apart and make a decision based on what we feel about it.

It seems I fall into the "over 18 years old" percentage that are not interested in seeing bright colors, balloons and Disney characters dancing to main stream pop music and the like.

Comment

• roxystar68
                                          MiceChatter
                                          • Mar 2006

I'm sure this has been asked before, or maybe I just don't know something about the rights, but why do they have "You Can't Stop the Beat" playing? Did Disney pay for the song? My boyfriend and I were shocked to hear it at the park.
                                          The daydream princess

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X