Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] If You Were An Imagineer......

Imagine. If you were an Imagineer at any Disney Park, what kind of attraction, or etc. have you thought of, that you would love to see made real into a Disney Park?

I have thought of very throughly a ride VERY similar to Soarin' Over California, but it is called Ridin' Through California. The idea is that you ride on a Cable Car type of vehicle like in San Francisco and go riding through different areas of California, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, the hills of San Francisco, Hollywood, LA Streets, and much, much more.

I also think a tour of the Axiom from Wall E would be very cool!

What are some of your magical ideas?
    Last edited by dmtnt55; 10-01-2009, 11:38 AM.

Re: If You Were An Imagineer......

I wouldn't have thought of California Screamin'. well, you can't really think of it. You just say, "Let's throw in an AMUSEMENT PARK ride in a Disney Park that's a minute walking distance from Disneyland, the original Disney theme park!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
      I wouldn't have thought of California Screamin'. well, you can't really think of it. You just say, "Let's throw in an AMUSEMENT PARK ride in a Disney Park that's a minute walking distance from Disneyland, the original Disney theme park!!!"
      I agree so much! But there is just that Disney feel to it, I don't know, some minor detail that gives it the Disney feel!

Comment

Walk-through mystery attraction based on the National Treasure films. Guests would solve a mystery based on what they saw during the walk-through.
        Major attraction based on The Lion King in Critter Country, part indoor part outdoor.
        Safari ride in Critter Country with live animals.
        Walk-through attraction in Adventureland based on The Jungle Book.
        Drum circle show at night in Adventureland.
        Boat ride through scenes from the U.S. national parks.
        Major e-ticket ride based on WALL-E, another one based on 2001: A Space Odyssey.
        Boatopia boat ride.
        Major e-ticket ride based on Fantasia.
        Mary Poppins Theater with live Mary Poppins performance several times daily.
        Last edited by Bob Weaver; 09-30-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

The incredibles ride. I believe its time they make another film.

Comment

Ok, this thread is awesome. Here are my ideas:

First, make an indoor kuka roller coaster themed to A Whole New World. The ride vehicles would be the vehicles on the Magic Carpet Spinner ride, and the kuka would give the vehicles a mind of its own. The ride could go over areas displayed in the movie, Aladdin show scenes, or scenes from other classic Disney films.

Second, fix the TTA and make it the Incredipods. Extend the track and have it go through the entire DLR. Between sections, the cars can accelerate to speeds of 40+ mph.

Third, build the Beauty and the Beast restaurant going into WDW into Disneyland's Fantasyland.

Fourth, make a LOST themed roller coaster or EMV ride touring the Island and its mysteious inhabitants. The ride could be in Hollywood Backlot or Adventureland. The queue could be like you're on the LOST set, sort of like The Mummy at USH/USO. The main villain encountered throughout the ride would obviously be the smoke monster.

one hundred and one

Comment

A mine car chase encompassing three land themed to the two national treasure movies
              WELCOME ABOARD
              THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

I have tons of ideas for the parks along with a new park altogether, but I'm saving them until when I am actually an Imagineer. I'll post when my ideas have been greenlit

^Art by me!
                Check out my
                Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                Visit my
                Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
                Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

I would make something totally original not based on any movie or cartoon
                  All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                    I agree so much! But there is just that Disney feel to it, I don't know, some minor detail that gives it the Disney feel!
                    Yeah, the minor details in the track and sign do help, and now that they've removed those plain old Mickey ears, it looks a lot nicer. I like the PP sign better, and the sun is really nice and welcoming I just wished it was more of an original, unique Disney ride, like Big Thunder or Space

Comment

An Oregon Tail ride in Frontierland. Use the EMV from Indiana Jones. It could be a dark ride with part of it taking place out side. Once I came up with an outline for the ride, maybe I can find it and dust it off.
                      Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

Has anybody here ever participated in Disney's Annual Imagineering Design Contest? This is something I plan on doing when I'm eligible, so my ideas are sticking with me, well at least the great ones!

Comment

Originally posted by yensid1987 View Post
                          An Oregon Tail ride in Frontierland. Use the EMV from Indiana Jones. It could be a dark ride with part of it taking place out side. Once I came up with an outline for the ride, maybe I can find it and dust it off.
                          But would the shop outside of the Oregon Trail ride accept Oregon Trail?

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

1) Revamp Indian Jones - New AI's, Change the story (a little), add new effects, fire, mist, holograms etc. and Maybe allow a Halloween version (Temple of Darkness)

2) Beauty and the Beast the Ride

3) Revamp Tommorrowland, PM come back, new Tron attraction, Wall-E 3D show, and a new Green Autopi.

4) Redo Toontown
                            1 Donald's Coaster (use the gadget and Donald area to make a bigger better coaster for everyone)
                            2 House of Mouse - A restaurant that allows you to watch Disney cartoons or play Triva games while you wait with your family or friends for food.
                            3 Toontown shooting Gallery - a ride that uses the sling shot system (like ToT) the ride goes up to each new level and you shoot the toon targets and try to get the most points before you drop back down.
                            4 Goofy's Bumper Cars - Bump around in Goofy's House

5) Big Thunder Mountain Haunted Halloween Coaster - At dusk this ride becomes even more haunted with new mist and lighting effects. Try to solve the mystery of this Haunted train before you become part of the story too.
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

More ideas:

-Totally improve Autopia, make it like 5 MPH faster, new cars, etc.
                              -The Lion King Ride stated above was genius.
                              -The Jungle Book Dark Ride rather then walk-through I think, would be cool. In Adventureland.
                              -A Bambi Dark Ride in Fantasyland
                              -Pocahontas Village in Frontierland

EDIT:
                              California Adventure Ideas:
                              -Ridin' Through California
                              -The Incredibles Dark Ride
                              -A Toy Story Dark Ride (not MM)
                              -Wall E Ride (A tour of the Axiom, where you ride on the cars like the inhabitants of the Ship.)
                              -An Up type themed ride.
                              -Cooler themed shops and restaurants.

Comment

I have always wanted to see an omnimover-type ride based on the Great American Adventure. It would contain a series of AA scenes that guests would ride through while Leonard Nimoy or James Earl Jones provides the narrative. The omnimovers would carry guests through great scenes in American history (Siging of the Declaration of Independance, Boston Tea Party, Revolutionary and Civil Wars, WWII, Birth of Radio/Television and Media, MLK, the Women's Movement, Walt's DL dedication speech, Woodstock, the invention of the computer and the technology boom, and the inauguration of the first African American President.. to name a few ideas). This all leads up to a grand exit scene where AA figures of prominent American Icons (including Mr. Disney himself) would wave, salute, and generally wish their fellow Americans safe travels as they continue on in their own American adventures. The omnimovers will carry guests out to their final destination, the Disneyland story and Lincoln pre-viewing area for "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", where the guests have the option of waiting to watch the show or bypassing the theatre to its exit via an exit corridor that will be built. The entrance and queue could be placed in the Gallery building next to Lincoln while the Gallery itself is moved upstairs. The show building would be 2 stories and could occupy the backstage area currently being used by the east park's old administration building, admin offices will be moved to the TDA building to accomidate the new show building.

I generally think that DL has always been great at displaying the things that are good about America in general. Especially in these times it would be nice to see an attraction that recharges the American Spirit in people. For most of us that visit the park we come here to take a break from things like crime, poverty, and this whole healthcare thing and I for one would like something to remind Americans about what our Roots are during that time when we are the least innundated with all the negativity towards our country.
                                Last edited by WestsideCM99; 10-01-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                                  I have always wanted to see an omnimover-type ride based on the Great American Adventure. It would contain a series of AA scenes that guests would ride through while Leonard Nimoy or James Earl Jones provides the narrative. The omnimovers would carry guests through great scenes in American history (Siging of the Declaration of Independance, Boston Tea Party, Revolutionary and Civil Wars, WWII, Birth of Radio/Television and Media, MLK, the Women's Movement, Walt's DL dedication speech, Woodstock, the invention of the computer and the technology boom, and the inauguration of the first African American President.. to name a few ideas). This all leads up to a grand exit scene where AA figures of prominent American Icons (including Mr. Disney himself) would wave, salute, and generally wish their fellow Americans safe travels as they continue on in their own American adventures. The omnimovers will carry guests out to their final destination, the Disneyland story and Lincoln pre-viewing area for "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", where the guests have the option of waiting to watch the show or bypassing the theatre to its exit via an exit corridor that will be built. The entrance and queue could be placed in the Gallery building next to Lincoln while the Gallery itself is moved upstairs. The show building would be 2 stories and could occupy the backstage area currently being used by the east park's old administration building, admin offices will be moved to the TDA building to accomidate the new show building.

I generally think that DL has always been great at displaying the things that are good about America in general. Especially in these times it would be nice to see an attraction that recharges the American Spirit in people. For most of us that visit the park we come here to take a break from things like crime, poverty, and this whole healthcare thing and I for one would like something to remind Americans about what our Roots are during that time when we are the least innundated with all the negativity towards our country.
                                  Sounds cool, but not too Disney to me =/

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                                    I have thought of very throughly a ride VERY similar to Soarin' Over California, but it is called Ridin' Through California. The idea is that you ride on a Cable Car type of vehicle like in San Francisco and go riding through different areas of California, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, the hills of San Francisco, Hollywood, LA Streets, and much, much more.
                                    I seem to remember that the 360 theater had some of these in one of the movies. also, through a civil war reenactment and through locations in China. the way the screens surrounded you at times it felt like you were moving with the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
                                      I would make something totally original not based on any movie or cartoon
                                      Do tell...
                                      https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

I've wanted to create a ride for Rafiki's Planet watch temed to none other than the Lion King. The ride would run like Peter Pan's Flight, except this time you are suspended in groups of 4 carried by none other than the king's majordodo, Zazu.

The ride would ride would be set DURING the presentation of Simba, so that would mean every character is alive. Settings for the ride include starting at the Tree of Life with Rafiki (who is leaving fo the ceremony), then heading towards the elephant graveyard, then to the oasis with Timon and Pumbaa, and then to Pride Rock for the finale.

At the elephant graveyard sequence there could be a mjaor drop that takes you outside (on the level of EE's drop) then back inside to the oasis.

For a better understanding of what I'm thinking of, think of the introduction to the Lion King DVD.

one hundred and one

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X